Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Wicked Official Trailer

B2theRich33

Featured Posts

WhiteWitch
20 minutes ago, phantasmas said:

maybe but to dull it down for Wizard of Oz is wild

Wicked is a bit darker in tone overall so it’s not really dulling it down for Wizard of Oz. The book is pretty gritty and the stage show maintain some of that darkness too. I could see what you mean too though.

WhiteWitch
1 hour ago, HIM820 said:

I still think it will do well no matter what, but now that it’s been confirmed that the Marvel Agatha series is a musical I wonder how that’s going to play with fans expectations and perceptions of all of it. It comes out the week before, so they’re getting two comic book “musicals” at the same time. 

I agree, Joker 2 will do well no matter what. Added Gaga fan audience will offset any resistant anti-musical folk. Honestly, most folk aren’t actually bothered by musicals either so I think it’s usually just internet melodrama

B2theRich33
28 minutes ago, SlowLoris said:

I wonder if they'll add some stuff that was in the book but not the Broadway musical

i wonder this too, especially if they are still planning on splitting it in two parts. it would be so great to see some of those storylines come to life.

• YAAAS 2

B2theRich33

oh! so this is still going to be two parts! we have Wicked coming out this year… and Wicked Part 2 coming out next year! 

Roughhouse Dandy
2 minutes ago, B2theRich33 said:

i wonder this too, especially if they are still planning on splitting it in two parts. it would be so great to see some of those storylines come to life.

I believe the director did mention they're expanding on the world! 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • YAAAS 1

GipJo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SlowLoris said:

It's not a Disney remake.... It's based on a musical which is based on a book lol

My point is about how this type of movies sells because it's based on very popular visual material like Lion King, Wicked is the same, it's a live action remake for theater play instead of animation.

The main reason I think this is not a good creative idea is that the reason why Wicked works for theater play is because of its fabulous and grand set pieces, the talents' high energy performance, the campiness of live show, taking away all that for film format is not gonna work.

Edited by GipJo
  • Like 2

WhiteWitch
29 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Holy CGI!

db4009c7af1be320feb5379af1d34049.gif

This was the literal funniest thing I’ve seen in a minute, and I appreciate you SO much 😂

• LMAO 1

PartySick
40 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Holy CGI!

db4009c7af1be320feb5379af1d34049.gif

Oprah performing Alice at TCB

💚
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 1

djBuffoon

Ariana's line readings are not doing it for me, the voice sounds very put-on, but her vocals sound incredible. Cynthia will be exceptional.

Agunimon
4 hours ago, BellaFahmi said:

could this do better than Joker 2? in terms of awards and box office?

Well its a movie adaptation of the most popular musical featuring Ariana Grande with Michelle Yeoh in an important role, so it will absolutely crush.

LadyxGaGa
6 hours ago, B2theRich33 said:

I am Hyped! it looks like a full trailer for part 1 and 2 honestly cause there is so much footage from the entire thing in here. can’t wait!

THIS MAKES ME SOPUMPED

LadyxGaGa

ngl tho and idk if its the cgi or what but for like a blockbuster movie and maybe this is me hating on netflix but the set looks like the school for good and evil vibes

like it looks it the same colors and everything 

Taylucifer

this looks good and I am so seated

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Schwerk

Hmm,this is not my kind of movie. Too sugary sweet and polished. I never saw Wicked so I'm not that familiar with the source material, so I can't really judge.

(I am bit annoyed by Ariana putting the emphasis on the wrong words in many sentences.)

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch
  • Thanks 1