💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2025, Switzerland

Dutch

Featured Posts

Born This Way

I hope Ireland submit something really good again. Idk if I'll watch the individual song selection cuz I don't want to really like a song that doesn't get picked.

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

Cello
16 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

omg, wait, i do remember them. :air:

is it me or y'all even tried to send Bonnie Tyler to the show...?! 

yes, and engelbert humperdinck :bear: we deserve everything we get

she/her 💗 free my mind
  • LMAO 2

MelbHawker

Kinda wish Croatia took it out this year, but the Swiss’s performance was fun! I’m guessing next years show will happen in either Geneva or Zurich. Eurovision stans better start saving up coin from now for that.

POPANEINONEONE

#joostkleinforeurovision2025

Im sorry please forgive me i luv you guys so much
  • YAAAS 2

Melech

hopefully a less messy eurovision next year. glad to see luxembourg back after their great entry this year :applause: 

Dutch
4 minutes ago, POPANEINONEONE said:

#joostkleinforeurovision2025

Either that or we should withdraw tbh. 

• Like 3

SwissMonster
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Juanlittlem said:

So @SwissMonster what cities + arenas do we think Switzerland might choose? So I can start searching hotels :flower:

So lemme do this. Ahhhh can’t believe it’s happening :giveup: Will do a list in a next post

Edited by SwissMonster
SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999
  • YAAAS 1

palma
1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

omg, wait, i do remember them. :air:

is it me or y'all even tried to send Bonnie Tyler to the show...?! 

They did :volantis:

She was like 20th or something :bear:

• LMAO 2

Cello

I'd pay real money for Ireland to send Jedward again next year 

she/her 💗 free my mind

SwissMonster

So this is my ranking, from most likely to least likely, on which city/arena I think will host the contest

1. Hallenstadion, Zürich

Capacity: 13.000

The most likely guess would be the Hallenstadion in Zürich. Its the most famous indoor Arena in Switzerland. All big World Tours go through there (Artrave, Future Nostalgia, etc.). Zürich is also the most likely give its size, hotel availability and the biggest international airport in Switzerland. A negative tho, the Hallenstadion doesn’t have a lot of space to accommodate delegations, staff and press. They would need to build tents nearby I guess. Not something that hasn’t been done before tho. Another negative tho is that it hosts an Ice Hockey club so don’t know how it will work with availability for such a long period.

csm_id-204_01_0_Hallenstadion_Hallenstad
arena-detail.png
web_zuerich_general_view_stadtrundfahrt_

2. Swiss Life Arena, Zürich

Capacity: 12.000

The floor in this arena is a bit smaller. Thats why I put it on #2. There is more space to accommodate staff, press and deegations but this arena also has an ice hockey club. So lets see about availability. Would be a good alternative to the Hallenstadion

1664467074179.jpg
fd7fccf5-e8a4-4374-8318-7fa67fc920e3.jpe

3. St. Jakobshalle, Basel

Capacity: 12.400

This is my personal favorite since its my home city. The big pro for St. Jakobshalle is that it has 3 other large rooms to accommodate press, staff and delegations. Also Basel, as an Expo and culture city also has a lot of hotels. Also on a Eurovision perspective it would be great cause the city is right next to germany and france which truly embodies the spirit of europe. Also there is no club, so the arena should have no scheduling problems. A (small) negative would be that it has a smaller international airport, tho Zürich airport is just 50mins away.

SJH_Aussenansicht_01.jpgStJakobshalle2018_Arena%201.jpgshooting-sommer-herbst-julien-mayer-640x

4. Vaudoise Arena, Lausanne

Vaudoise Arena in Lausanne could also host the contest. There is also enough space for delegations, press and staff. There is no international airport tho and  I also fear not enough hotels. There is also a hockey club that could cause scheduling conflicts.

20230421112715639.jpg
89953_default_og_image.jpgzxwhnm0vhyvv7ull1htm

5. PostFinance Arena, Bern

Capacity: 17.000

This is the largest indoor arena in Switzerland. Bern is also the capital city of Switzerland. There is also space for deegations, press and staff. Bern has an airport but it is very small and I doubt there are lot of cheap international flights going there. Also don’t know if the city has the hotel capacity. On top of that the arena has a large part of none numbered seating area which you can see on the picture below, don’t know if that would be a requirement for the EBU. There is also a Hockey Club. Also, as you can see on the picture, there is a lot of daylight. It will mostly be dark by then but it would need to happen at beginning of may. I just think there are too many cons for it happening there.

PostFinance-Arena_Luftbild_2011.jpg
WEB-Bern-Postfinance-Arena-Foto1.jpg218207_berner-altstadt.jpg

6. Palexpo, Geneva

Capacity: TBA

The most unlikely to me would be Geneva. They would either need to build an arena or use the Palexpo Halls. There is no other indoor arena in geneva that would fulfill the size minimum to host eurovision. I just don’t think they would choose Geneva over other cities with already existing and fitting arenas? The only reason could be cause of the eurovsion history the city has.

group8_palexpo_org6_dgbp20-scaled.jpgHalle1.jpgGenf.jpg?quality=80

• Like 6

SwissMonster
6 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

So this is my ranking, from most likely to least likely, on which city/arena I think will host the contest

1. Hallenstadion, Zürich

The most likely guess would be the Hallenstadion in Zürich. Its the most famous indoor Arena in Switzerland. All big World Tours go through there (Artrave, Future Nostalgia, etc.). Zürich is also the most likely give its size, hotel availability and the biggest international airport in Switzerland. A negative tho, the Hallenstadion doesn’t have a lot of space to accommodate delegations, staff and press. They would need to build tents nearby I guess. Not something that hasn’t been done before tho. Another negative tho is that it hosts an Ice Hockey club so don’t know how it will work with availability for such a long period.

arena-detail.png

The floor in this arena is a bit smaller. Thats why I put it on #2. There is more space to accommodate staff, press and deegations but this arena also has an ice hockey club. So lets see about availability. Would be a good alternative to the Hallenstadion

1664467074179.jpg

This is my personal favorite since its my home city. The big pro for St. Jakobshalle is that it has 3 other large rooms to accommodate press, staff and delegations. Also Basel, as an Expo and culture city also has a lot of hotels. Also on a Eurovision perspective it would be great cause the city is right next to germany and france which truly embodies the spirit of europe. Also there is no club, so the arena should have no scheduling problems. A (small) negative would be that it has a smaller international airport, tho Zürich airport is just 50mins away.

SJH_Aussenansicht_01.jpgStJakobshalle2018_Arena%201.jpgshooting-sommer-herbst-julien-mayer-640x

Vaudoise Arena in Lausanne could also host the contest. There is also enough space for delegations, press and staff. There is no international airport tho and  I also fear not enough hotels. There is also a hockey club that could cause scheduling conflicts.

20230421112715639.jpg

This is the largest indoor arena in Switzerland. Bern is also the capital city of Switzerland. There is also space for deegations, press and staff. Bern has an airport but it is very small and I doubt there are lot of cheap international flights going there. Also don’t know if the city has the hotel capacity. On top of that the arena has a large part of none numbered seating area which you can see on the picture below, don’t know if that would be a requirement for the EBU. There is also a Hockey Club. Also, as you can see on the picture, there is a lot of daylight. It will mostly be dark by then but it would need to happen at beginning of may. I just think there are too many cons for it happening there.

6. Palexpo, Geneva

The most unlikely to me would be Geneva. They would either need to build an arena or use the Palexpo Halls. There is no other indoor arena in geneva that would fulfill the size minimum to host eurovision. I just don’t think they would choose Geneva over other cities with already existing and fitting arenas? The only reason could be cause of the eurovsion history the city has.

@Juanlittlem

• Thanks 1

DesertWolf
9 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

1. Hallenstadion, Zürich

arena-detail.png

1664467074179.jpg

20230421112715639.jpg

6. Palexpo, Geneva

I'm pretty sure you had that ready ever since GV s14 :ororomunroe: 

JOYRIDE
  • LMAO 7

SwissMonster
Just now, DesertWolf said:

I'm pretty sure you had that ready ever since GV s14 :ororomunroe: 

nnnnnn maybe? :ororomunroe:
Didn’t really need it tho, since I would’ve hosted it in Basel anyways :ororomunroe:

• LMAO 1

Juanlittlem
27 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

So I guess at the end the better option would be Basel even if it happens in Zurich since its 50 mins away? Imma check hotels oops

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.