event

Eurovision Song Contest 2025 in Basel, Switzerland

Dutch

Featured Posts

SwissMonster
18 hours ago, Dutch said:

I hope other countries will pressure the EBU too :giveup: Especially the Big 5 + Host should. I can imagine Switzerland pressuring as the delegation and Nemo were vocal about the situation there and I can imagine they don‘t want a malmö mess and I can also imagine Spain and France as those countries became very pro Palestine. Ugh its such a bummer, I hope something changes and the netherlands participate :( 

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

SwissMonster
Posted (edited)

On the bright side, for me at least nnnn, my hometown is officially the first city to confirm their hosting bid!

Basel will also not only apply with the St Jakobshalle but also with our Soccer Stadium with the plan to build a roof over it! Basel seems eager to host ESC 2025 and with that spirit it really could work out :giveup:

https://www.bzbasel.ch/basel/basel-stadt/eurovision-song-contest-fuer-nemo-will-soll-der-fcb-das-fussballstadion-raeumen-ld.2628235

Edited by SwissMonster
  • YAAAS 2

Dennis
On 5/29/2024 at 9:55 AM, Ivannn said:

I would abolish jury vote completly! It is simply not fair system and it happens very often that public is ignored with their votes due to jury concetraring Many points around few songs. Every year they say that public is the one that decides the winner but it is very rear.

Not gonna lie, maybe we should trust the public.

Initially I liked Nemo's song better and it was one of the songs I voted for, but for some reason the croatian song grew on me after the end of the contest and I kinda like it more now? 

• 5 weeks later...
SwissMonster
Posted (edited)

Geneva, Basel, Zürich and Bern/Biel (joint bid) are the four cities officially biding for Eurovision 2025! Production costs are estimated at 40M€. Geneva goes in their bid with a support of 30M€, Zürich and Basel with 25M€ and Bern/Biel with 8M€ (7M from Bern and 1M from Biel). They will announce a shortlist of two cities by then end of july and will announce the host city at the end of August the latest.

Basel also released a video for their bid! They focus on the cultural landscape of the city and their knowledge about big international events (such as Art Basel or the Euros 2008) but also the fact they are close to the border to france and germany.

Edited by SwissMonster
  • YAAAS 1

Juanlittlem
5 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Geneva, Basel, Zürich and Bern/Biel (joint bid) are the four cities officially biding for Eurovision 2025! Production costs are estimated at 40M€. Geneva goes in their bid with a support of 30M€, Zürich and Basel with 25M€ and Bern/Biel with 8M€ (7M from Bern and 1M from Biel). They will announce a shortlist of two cities by then end of july and will announce the host city at the end of August the latest.

Basel also released a video for their bid! They focus on the cultural landscape of the city and their knowledge about big international events (such as Art Basel or the Euros 2008) but also the fact they are close to the border to france and germany.

Can't wait! I wanna see if I can make it there next year! I'll start planning as soon as we have the city :party:

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • YAAAS 1

DesertWolf

idk who was the "genius" behind the "crossing borders" slogan :saladga: the only ones crossing borders here are the illegitimate state with their genocide and the EBU with their lack of proper managment of the contest.

JOYRIDE

SwissMonster
1 minute ago, DesertWolf said:

idk who was the "genius" behind the "crossing borders" slogan :saladga: the only ones crossing borders here are the illegitimate state with their genocide and the EBU with their lack of proper managment of the contest.

I think crossing borders is meant because of basels geographical point on the map nnnn. The city has direct borders to france and germany.

But yeah given the circumstances issa bit yikes :flippy:

• Like 1

Okinawa
Posted (edited)

I don't think that Bern-Biel should get the ESC because in the past the residents of Kanton Bern voted against a continental airport and therefore voted against international events.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schweizerischer_Zentralflughafen_Utzenstorf

Bern-Biel is too rural, not urban enough to host it. Whenever something big is to be built or to happen, they host a referendum and block such plans. They are ruled by peasants and I think it's unlikely they will make it.

I don't like how Geneva is using its money to buy the ESC and having secret meetings behind closed doors with EBU ...

Anything smaller than Basel is too small.

Edited by Okinawa
~We are Reel Cool~

SwissMonster
23 minutes ago, Okinawa said:

I don't think that Bern-Biel should get the ESC because in the past the residents of Kanton Bern voted against a continental airport and therefore voted against international events.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schweizerischer_Zentralflughafen_Utzenstorf

Bern-Biel is too rural, not urban enough to host it. Whenever something big is to be built or to happen, they host a referendum and block such plans. They are ruled by peasants and I think it's unlikely they will make it.

I don't like how Geneva is using its money to buy the ESC and having secret meetings behind closed doors with EBU ...

Anything smaller than Basel is too small.

I really hope for Zürich or Basel!

Also hate that Geneva is playing a little bit unfair here. And I also don‘t think Bern/Biel will get it simply for the fact that they offer by far the least money

• 2 weeks later...
SwissMonster

The shortlist for the hostcity will be revealed on friday before noon! The final decision will be made tomorrow.

There are rumors the shortlist will be Geneva and Zürich.

Welp, personally still crossing my fingers for Basel. Guess Geneva really used that money factor to pull it off. And I am still left wondering how they gonna do it (if they make it)… the required hight needs to be 18m, palexpo is only 12m. A mistery to me that geneva is such a favorite with that big issue?

https://esc-kompakt.de/eurovision-song-contest-2025-shortlist-der-moeglichen-schweizer-austragungsorte-kommt-am-freitag/amp/

Edited by SwissMonster
  • Like 1

Okinawa
32 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

The shortlist for the hostcity will be revealed on friday before noon! The final decision will be made tomorrow.

There are rumors the shortlist will be Geneva and Zürich.

Welp, personally still crossing my fingers for Basel. Guess Geneva really used that money factor to pull it off. And I am still left wondering how they gonna do it (if they make it)… the required hight needs to be 18m, palexpo is only 12m. A mistery to me that geneva is such a favorite with that big issue?

https://esc-kompakt.de/eurovision-song-contest-2025-shortlist-der-moeglichen-schweizer-austragungsorte-kommt-am-freitag/amp/

It was a mistake of Biel to team-up with Bern, Biel could have also teamed up with Basel and increase it's chances, but I guess Biel didn't do it because they are in different cantons (wenn sich zwei streiten, freut sich der Dritte und das ist Genf :icant:) . It's 51km form Biel to Münchenstein Jakobshalle and 25km to Bern. It is possible to drive in half a day from Biel to Jakobshalle and back. It's just one hour longer to Basel than to Bern in one direction.

Well, they say Geneva offered 30 million, the most of all....And it buys it like that maybe?

I think the fact that Geneva is EBU headquarter perhaps also influences it...

But they aren't gonna increase the height to 18m in just one year. However, Geneva can buy EBU rules to change the required height down to 12m.

I also am of the opinion it should be Basel and Zürich in the shortlist.

Basel is roughly equally urban as Geneva, both are roughly same size in feeling.

There was already one ESC hosted in French-speaking Switzerland, in Lausanne in the past.

Never in German-speaking Switzerland.

And Geneva is very much at the periphery, a longer distance from the rest of Switzerland.

By the way:

hoch = high

Höhe = height

The hoch - Höhe Vocal change is also reflected in the high - height vocal change.

Edited by Okinawa
~We are Reel Cool~

Dutch
Posted (edited)

Geneva or Basel it is.

Edited by Dutch
  • Thanks 1

SwissMonster
9 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Geneva or Basel it is.

Omg I CAN’T believe Zürich is out???

• Shook 1

SwissMonster

Oh b!tch its gotta be Basel now :giveup:

Juanlittlem

How long till they announce?

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.

• Dutch changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2025 in Basel, Switzerland