Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Paste Magazine writes scathing review of Taylor Swift’s Tortured Poets album

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

HelloHangoverz
9 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

She’ll claim critics aren’t loving the album because they’re sexist lol 

She won't say anything, she'll just release a new 32nd track on "TTPD The Complete Edition, available for a limited time"

If you suck d!ck like me you not buckin on me neither and that’s just that!
  • LMAO 1

27monster27

They are brave to do this after how swifties reacted to even "mild" reviews of Midnights.

he/him/his
  • Thanks 1

Guillaume Hamon

Even if I do think she's a great storyteller, it was crazy to see the biggest critics selling her as the best songwriter of our generation.

Glad they stopped being afraid of the 2 years of Swifties harassment to expect if you dislike her work...

Even on GGD the few members saying she was the Joni Mitchell/ Bob Dylan stopped trying.

• Like 12

alsemanche
3 hours ago, Pablo said:

I just want to see how Taylor herself responds to the critics. She'll play victim somehow 

She'll somehow capitalize om them and release reputation (tv) 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 3

doraemon

Wait until the threat letters are coming in.

alsemanche

The review is very blunt but very accurate tbh, they didn't skip a beat :air:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash

“We are now left at a crossroads. Women can't critique Swift because they'll run the risk of being labeled a ‘gender traitor’ for doing so. Men can't critique her because they'll be touted as ‘sexist.’”

PERIOD

• Thanks 11

Ladle Ghoulash
24 minutes ago, doraemon said:

Wait until the threat letters are coming in.

Yeah, Paste specifically said they didn’t attribute the article to the author out of fear for their safety. Sad. 

gumzy3000

Look, it isn't her best work and I do find it cringy and boring, but this review is being way too negative, the album isn't that bad...

Also, why are people on this site so hellbent on telling everyone they don't like her, or that her lyrics suck, or she's overrated? If you don't like her, no one is forcing you to listen to her or click on these Taylor Swift threads :trollga:

And some of ya'll clearly haven't listened to her albums from Fearless to Folklore and it shows :giggle:

trolly troll troll
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

thisboyisamonster

Tbh there are enough decent songs in the 31 to form a tight and good album. She really needed an editor....

• Like 4

Ladle Ghoulash
4 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

Look, it isn't her best work and I do find it cringy and boring, but this review is being way too negative, the album isn't that bad...

Also, why are people on this site so hellbent on telling everyone they don't like her, or that her lyrics suck, or she's overrated? If you don't like her, no one is forcing you to listen to her or click on these Taylor Swift threads :trollga:

And some of ya'll clearly haven't listened to her albums from Fearless to Folklore and it shows :giggle:

Meh, even those albums aren’t exceptional. They’re pretty good, but also pretty overrated.

gumzy3000
8 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Meh, even those albums aren’t exceptional. They’re pretty good, but also pretty overrated.

They might sound just "okay" today but she released her first album fearless when she was 18 years old in 2008. She then went into full pop successfully 6 years later with 1989 and continued to improve her songwriting until Folklore. I think it was a big deal at the time because she was so young yet she kept getting better musically while also making music the masses could connect with. I can see why some people will see those albums as overrated and that's okay. :enigma:

trolly troll troll
  • Like 4

MOT

There's an album review in there somewhere in the midst of all that anger.....maybe it's revenge for their writer getting death threats the last time.

I dislike Taylor's music, but I don't think she deserves the vitriol. If you don't like her music don't listen. In the meantime she's bringing pleasure to millions, and that's good.

Edited by MOT
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 2

Bronco
1 hour ago, thisboyisamonster said:

Tbh there are enough decent songs in the 31 to form a tight and good album. She really needed an editor....

Honestly this is my main critique. Not everything needed releasing.

But as someone who's gone through a traumatic breakup I can also imagine how carthatic and healing being able to just write down your feelings in a song and release it to the world would be. So I understand why it didn't get edited down. 

I also hope this is the last Antonof synthpop output she does. That said, given her account of how 2023 went, I'm not surprised she's stuck with what's comfortable and stable in her work with Antonoff. When a 6yr relationship explodes, I don't think my first thought would be "lets drop my close friends and go hang out with strangers" lol.

• Like 1

olive specter
1 hour ago, gumzy3000 said:

They might sound just "okay" today but she released her first album fearless when she was 18 years old in 2008. She then went into full pop successfully 6 years later with 1989 and continued to improve her songwriting until Folklore. I think it was a big deal at the time because she was so young yet she kept getting better musically while also making music the masses could connect with. I can see why some people will see those albums as overrated and that's okay. :enigma:

fearless is not her debut album btw

• Thanks 1