The Tortured Poet's Department - OUT NOW

HausOfMark

Featured Posts

bpmMonkey
On 4/22/2024 at 12:44 PM, LateToCult said:

Last time the critics pissed her off she got in that studio and made 1989

SZYwb.gif

Actually the last time was Reputation and she decided to do Lover… :huntyga:

hopefully she takes a couple years off now and tries to make some good music again. Last good album (incl. the TV‘s) was Folklore and it took her a world wide pandemic :laughga:

LateToCult
21 minutes ago, bpmMonkey said:

Actually the last time was Reputation and she decided to do Lover… :huntyga:

hopefully she takes a couple years off now and tries to make some good music again. Last good album (incl. the TV‘s) was Folklore and it took her a world wide pandemic :laughga:

Cruel Summer 2.0? Ooh she never leaving the hot 100 I fear

Edonis
20 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

"and while i think there are enough hardcore swifties to support this record to the point where its going to sell millions  upon millions of copies, i think anyone outside that bubble is going to be left scratching their head and kind of cringing at a lot of what this album has to offer" 

100%. 

Edited by Edonis
  • Like 2

HeardASine

My thoughts on TTPD:

I think this album may well be destined to become a misunderstood masterpiece for Swifties. It appears as a more sophisticated evolution of Midnights, featuring not only more intricate production but also sharper lyrics. For Swifties, the album's dense, wordy lyricism is a treasure trove that reveals more with each listen—a rewarding experience that unfolds over time.

Despite the immediate backlash reminiscent of the reception Lady Gaga's ARTPOP,  Swift bravely maintains her vulnerability under intense scrutiny. This album invites listeners into the tumultuous recent chapters of her life, resulting in a work that feels raw, paranoid, and at times confrontational. It's a bold artistic expression that may be better appreciated as it ages, much like a fine wine that reveals its true complexity only after some time.

• Love 3

• 2 weeks later...
Ayden
On 4/19/2024 at 2:40 AM, Ayden said:

This album was soooo boring to me i almost fell asleep. I think i quite liked half of the songs, but not that much... 🤷‍♂️. Midnights is much better imo.

Nevermind, it grew on me... like A LOT 🔥. But Midnights its still better imo...

• Like 1