LateToCult
8 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Pitchfork gave The Anthology a 6

Ā 

Last time the critics pissed her off she got in that studio and made 1989

SZYwb.gif

BoomBig
2 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Alright. First half of the album has processed more in my little brain and I think I like it more than the second half. This album isnā€™t easy to digest if youā€™re not a fan. The titles are long, the way songs maintain a similar sound throughout makes them seem boring, and some of them are a little wordy. But I think thereā€™s real gold here if youā€™re a person like me that likes to just lay down and have a record play.

ā€I saw in my mind fairy lights through the mist
I kept calm and carried the weight of the rift
Pulled him in tighter each time he was drifting away
My spine split from carrying us up the hill
Wet through my clothes, weary bones caught the chillā€

Some of my favorite lyrics from the album.Ā :messga:

I absolutely agree. For someone like me who likes to play a record, get comfortable on the couch and get lost in the music, this album is a great choice. The longer I have a chance to digest the album, the more I like the lyricism, melodies and tracklist.Ā 

Sonically, my favorite track is undoubtedly "Guilty as Sin?". But the lyrics of "loml"...what the hell?! This just hits way too close to home.Ā :messga:

Oh, what a valiant roar
What a bland goodbye
The coward claimed he was a lion
I'm combing through the braids of lies
"I'll never leave," "Never mind"
Our field of dreams engulfed in fire
Your arson's match, your somber eyes
And I'll still see it until I die
You're the loss of my life

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Ororo Munroe
24 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Pitchfork gave TTPD a 6.6 and The Anthology a 6

Ā 

less than Joanne omgĀ :franminervini:

• YAAAS 2

Teletubby
1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

less than Joanne omgĀ :franminervini:

still too much

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 1

doesshetho
On 4/19/2024 at 5:52 PM, Cody James said:

Maybe you can tweet her the name of your therapist since you claim to know just what she needs.Ā 

I would! He's actually really great and has helped me work through a lot of stuff and helped me get out of a self-victimizing mindset, something I really feel this album highlights in her writing. No hate, just wish she'd expand her subject matter as an artist. But if not, then it's just not for me as a consumerĀ :)

• Like 1

StrawberryBlond

How I'd love to know what's going on behind the scenes in the Kardashian household right now after thanK you aIMee and Cassandra. If I were Kim, I'd be hitting the roof. Not only did Taylor say that her mum wished her dead (even though Kris had said that she likes Taylor, her team and her mother and that she was interested in contacting her for peace talks some years ago) but she brings her kids into it by saying they'll one day be seeing along to these tracks that Kim will never know about her. Her kids are 10 and under, that is bang out of order to bring them up. I don't know if there are phone calls happening but Kim's trying to take the "don't feed the trolls" take by not giving Taylor the attention she so clearly craves by speaking out about it. Seriously, Taylor - Kim and Kanye are divorced and Kanye's going through a mental health crisis. Oh, yeah, and neither of them have gone after you in years. Why are you bringing this up now? Get. Over. It.Ā 

And this nonsense about putting out the extended version a mere 2 hours after the standard version despite telling her fans to buy all 4 variants to get an exclusive bonus track on each and here comes this version with all the exclusive tracks plus an additional 11 so they just could have bought one version...and putting a free-standing vinyl holder case with the TTPD logo on it suggesting it's not for general vinyls but for TTPD variants specifically...I have no words. Fans really need to wake up to how they're being used. If they'd buy just one version, she'd soon stop doing it. Billboard isn't doing enough to counteract this ludicrousness and severe overconsumption.Ā 

• Like 7

Agunimon
4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

How I'd love to know what's going on behind the scenes in the Kardashian household right now after thanK you aIMee and Cassandra. If I were Kim, I'd be hitting the roof. Not only did Taylor say that her mum wished her dead (even though Kris had said that she likes Taylor, her team and her mother and that she was interested in contacting her for peace talks some years ago) but she brings her kids into it by saying they'll one day be seeing along to these tracks that Kim will never know about her. Her kids are 10 and under, that is bang out of order to bring them up. I don't know if there are phone calls happening but Kim's trying to take the "don't feed the trolls" take by not giving Taylor the attention she so clearly craves by speaking out about it. Seriously, Taylor - Kim and Kanye are divorced and Kanye's going through a mental health crisis. Oh, yeah, and neither of them have gone after you in years. Why are you bringing this up now? Get. Over. It.Ā 

Yeah... This was a HUGE sour point for me on the record. Those immediately became eternal skips in any listening. I have listened to the album pretty much exclusively since it released and I have only listened to them both once, during my initial listening. I don't care about the lyrical content or any other meanings (I do think thank you aimee also has a message to someone in her childhood and it isn't an entire metaphor / direct reference to Kim), or how well written a bridge is. Its been nearly 10 years. You are the most successful music artist right now. These events helps catapult you. Shut the **** up about it.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 2

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

This was a big sour point for me on the record. Those immediately became eternal skips in any listening. I have listened to the album pretty much exclusively since it released and I have only listened to them both once. Its been nearly 10 years. You are the most successful music artist right now. These events helps catapult you. Shut the **** up about how you were right.

That's the very thing, she wasn't completely right. I'm sick of the "as soon as the unedited phone call came out, everyone realised Taylor was telling the truth." Yes, she didn't consent to the "made that bitch famous" line but she did consent to the rest and told Kanye she'd support him when the song came out but when it was released and the new lyric got to her, she feigned complete ignorance and innocence of existence of the track and believed everyone would take her word for it. Well, Kim was clearly a lot smarter than she's given credit for and wisely made sure Kanye recorded that call as she knew Taylor would be the type to claim victimhood if he made such a lyric without her permission as proof. But for some reason, people are hung up on the new line, acting like that cancels out the fact that Taylor lied about knowing the song beforehand. Undoubtedly, her rage is almost completely aimed at Kim and not Kanye who created the song (how very un-feminist of her) because she can't get over that another woman called her out, was smarter than her and was one step ahead of her. Taylor's used to having the upper hand and when she doesn't, she implodes.

I notice too that in her mind, she's allowed to write songs about anyone who ever did her wrong but if someone dares to cross her in any way, she's vicious and acts like they have no right to behave like they are. When did Taylor ever ask another person for their permission to write a diss song about them? One rule for her, a different rule for everyone else. She never went after Calvin Harris after he called her out for trying to claim the song This Is What You Came For was stolen from her. He said she chose to co-write under a pen name and "I know you're off tour and you need someone new to try and bury like Katy, etc, but I'm not that guy, sorry, I won't allow it." One of the few people she didn't try to push a beef further with for some unknown reason.

Agunimon
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That's the very thing, she wasn't completely right. I'm sick of the "as soon as the unedited phone call came out, everyone realised Taylor was telling the truth." Yes, she didn't consent to the "made that bitch famous" line but she did consent to the rest and told Kanye she'd support him when the song came out but when it was released and the new lyric got to her, she feigned complete ignorance and innocence of existence of the track and believed everyone would take her word for it. Well, Kim was clearly a lot smarter than she's given credit for and wisely made sure Kanye recorded that call as she knew Taylor would be the type to claim victimhood if he made such a lyric without her permission as proof. But for some reason, people are hung up on the new line, acting like that cancels out the fact that Taylor lied about knowing the song beforehand. Undoubtedly, her rage is almost completely aimed at Kim and not Kanye who created the song (how very un-feminist of her) because she can't get over that another woman called her out, was smarter than her and was one step ahead of her. Taylor's used to having the upper hand and when she doesn't, she implodes.

I notice too that in her mind, she's allowed to write songs about anyone who ever did her wrong but if someone dares to cross her in any way, she's vicious and acts like they have no right to behave like they are. When did Taylor ever ask another person for their permission to write a diss song about them? One rule for her, a different rule for everyone else. She never went after Calvin Harris after he called her out for trying to claim the song This Is What You Came For was stolen from her. He said she chose to co-write under a pen name and "I know you're off tour and you need someone new to try and bury like Katy, etc, but I'm not that guy, sorry, I won't allow it." One of the few people she didn't try to push a beef further with for some unknown reason.

I fear I am not familiar enough about all that to comment but did not want to leave you hanging after such a long response.Ā :pawsup:

LadyxGaGa

YALL SHE JUST BROKE HER RECORD FOR MOST VINYLS SOLD IN A WEEK

• Sad 1

StrawberryBlond
21 hours ago, Agunimon said:

I fear I am not familiar enough about all that to comment but did not want to leave you hanging after such a long response.Ā :pawsup:

Read into it if you can. The list of all her one-sided beefs is quite concerning. The way Calvin spoke, it suggests he knows from dating her that she looks for trouble whenever she's bored, no matter now banal. Her exes really never respond. I don't know if it's out of respect or she makes them sign NDAs because I really would struggle to be that gracious. Her fans believe anything she says, so a diss song from her could really affect your career.

27 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

YALL SHE JUST BROKE HER RECORD FOR MOST VINYLS SOLD IN A WEEK

It would be more amazing if she didn't scam her fans into buying all 4 variants in order to get an exclusive bonus track on each (even making a point of saying they were super exclusive for a limited time) only to put all of them plus an additional 11 tracks on a double album 2 hours after the release. Radical as it sounds, if I was the head of Billboard, I'd make a rule that 1 transaction = 1 sale. So pre-ordering 4 variants would count as 1 sale. The artist would still get the money of 4 but it would only count as 1 unit. Then we'd see how many variants they'd release and if bonus tracks would even exist anymore...

• Like 1

Teletubby

Christians say she needs prayer

not just mocking, but straight up blasphemy. Iā€™ve been saying this and I will continue to: children of God do not need to be listening to these lyrics. Iā€™m going to get called every name under the sun for saying this because itā€™s not popular. but ā€œpopularityā€ isnā€™t what we are called to seek in this hour as Kingdom-minded women. Taylor Swift doesnā€™t need to be on your playlist, she needs to be on our prayer list.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 1