šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Tortured Poet's Department - OUT NOW

HausOfMark

Featured Posts

Roughhouse Dandy

Finally gave it a chance.Ā 

2nd part should've been the main album with a few songs from the 1st as bonus tracks.Ā 

There were about 2 times where I thought "hmm that was good writing" and more than a few times I cringed hard.Ā 

The shtick was old before this project and didn't get any fresher. The pettiness and lack of restraint made me like her 25% less than I did. But I'm happy for her fans who got fed.Ā 

This is my Hannah Montanaā„¢ļø lipgloss.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OMonster

I think the album is a very impressive and moving body of work. It's Taylor's most mature, introspective album by far. It's the musings and streams of consciousness from a woman who lost her mind as her life spiralled out of control. I think it provides a fascinating insight into her psyche as the biggest pop star on the planet. It's interesting and tragic how her rebound brought everything crashing down for her. That whole escapade forced her to look at herself in the mirror, and the end of her long-term relationship, with an intense and critical lens. I think the music chronicles that journey really beautifully. It's completely unhinged in places.

I'm confused by the criticism on here tbh. There isn't a 'gel pen' song in sight. I think it's a very mature album. Yes, with some frivolous lyrics here and there but the intense focus on them is to completely ignore the actual poetry she's written. Poems aren't pop songs. That might be why many on here don't like this album: because it doesn't follow a recognisably pop formula and the lyrics are a bit all over the place. But that's the point. The lyrics aren't supposed to be perfectly-formed or even make much sense to the average listener. This an introspective album that probably won't work for an audience that isn't interested in, or doesn't have even just a superficial knowledge of, Taylor's inner life. It's clearly an album for the fans in that sense (despite it being so critical of them too).Ā 

I think this album in time will be seen as Taylor's most interesting. She really let us into her mind and thoughts at the most unbalanced and turbulent period of her life. I can't think of a pop album from someone of her status that does that in this way.Ā 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 2

LadyxGaGa
9 hours ago, Rat Boy said:

Especially when she sang ā€œslurp that **** till it c*msā€. That whistle note at the end! :diane:

ARIANA GRAN-WHO?!Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• LMAO 1

salty like sodium
50 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I think this album in time will be seen as Taylor's most interesting. She really let us into her mind and thoughts at the most unbalanced and turbulent period of her life. I can't think of a pop album from someone of her status that does that in this way.Ā 

Please don't hate me, but i don't find Taylor Swift's mind to be a particularly interesting place to explore ā€“ which is how I feel this album is unlikely to end up interesting that many more people than her diehard fans. Don't get me wrong, I like her lyrics and her writing but she strikes me as someone who's never really experienced any real hardship in life. Like the worst thing that's ever happened to her in her life was breaking up, or having Kanye stand up on stage to tell her BeyoncĆ© deserved an award more than her. I don't find her take on life that compelling since it doesn't strike me as though she's lived much beyond fame, success and fan obsession...

The reason folklore worked so well is that for once she wasn't obsessing over her (limited) life experiences imo...

Edited by salty like sodium
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

MOT

I've said it before and I'll say it again now - Taylor IS very popular, she IS very successful, she HAS achieved a lot, and for that I tip my hat to her. But exactly how she has achieved all that is simply beyond me. I listened to two tracks and then my corner threw in the towel to save me from further punishment. This albumĀ is bad poetry with some tinkling noises in the background.

• Like 3

Okinawa

I wanted to listen to it today but after reading the posts here, Idk, I am feeling demotivated but I will start now...so...

~We are Reel Cool~

salty like sodium
1 hour ago, Okinawa said:

I wanted to listen to it today but after reading the posts here, Idk, I am feeling demotivated but I will start now...so...

it's not a bad album, just not AOTY either and since TS is overrated and overexposed people are slagging it by being tired of her being painted as being the best musician ever. If you just listen to it expecting a casual, laid back, synthpop/indie album, it's decent, there's definitely nothing awful on it. It's just not "this is the best music ever made" material

Keeo

I wanted to dislike this album so badly, but then The Anthology dropped, I heard that "Folkmore" sound and instantly felt different about the whole thing. Sure, it's all a bit much, a bit flat and her delivery can drone on, but I find it meditative and comforting while working. Now and again a line would jump out at me, making me stop what I'm doing and take it in closely. And gosh, Taylor just makes me want to be in love so badly. I miss that feeling. (I secretly miss that crash too...)

robbiemalik

I hated it at first but when the extra fifteen songs came out majority of the song I didnā€™t care for Ā Iā€™m really enjoying it now, did we really need 31 songs? No but if she put together a strong 16 track album wouldā€™ve been amazing album as a whole.Ā 

• Like 1

LadyxGaGa

im loving fortnight the more and more i listen to it. Ā its such a good mv and song!!

• YAAAS 2

LateToCult

Alright. First half of the album has processed more in my little brain and I think I like it more than the second half. This album isnā€™t easy to digest if youā€™re not a fan. The titles are long, the way songs maintain a similar sound throughout makes them seem boring, and some of them are a little wordy. But I think thereā€™s real gold here if youā€™re a person like me that likes to just lay down and have a record play.

ā€I saw in my mind fairy lights through the mist
I kept calm and carried the weight of the rift
Pulled him in tighter each time he was drifting away
My spine split from carrying us up the hill
Wet through my clothes, weary bones caught the chillā€

Some of my favorite lyrics from the album.Ā :messga:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Omar Vela

they put that album on my office last friday and I couldn't tell when one song ended and the other one started... the whole thing sound the same

• Like 3

Opulence

I actually enjoyed the original album, especially the first half, but the 2nd album wasnā€™t needed

happy for the die hard swifties that are fed though

Teletubby

Pitchfork gave TTPD a 6.6 and The Anthology a 6

Ā 

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2

River
4 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Pitchfork gave The Anthology a 6

Ā 

I expected Pitchfork to give it like 9-10, that's surprising :air:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta