💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Tortured Poet's Department - OUT NOW

HausOfMark

Featured Posts

River
2 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

The vinyls still have exclusivity as they’re all completely different artworks and are not going to be available forever which is where their actual longstanding worth is derived from. Its not about the songs and fans knew that going in.

Just like with the songs on some of the Midnights physicals we knew they’d be available online release day and we knew they’d eventually come via leaks and would come to streaming later like they always did. No one bought these vinyls under the delusion that that’d be the only place to get those songs, they bought them based on the artworks.

Maybe people outside the fanbase weren’t aware of that, and that’s all good, but we’ve been around this block before and knew exactly what it was we were signing up for.  

nobody knew about the second album, it was just a speculation :emma:

Usually the bonus tracks come to streaming a few months after release, not 2 hours after in a second album... which invalidate their "bonus track" statue

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

HelloHangoverz
7 minutes ago, River said:

not 2 hours after

she's really taking the piss isn't she 

x factor lol GIF by X Factor Global

don't be fooled by the rocks that I got, I'm just HelloHangoverz from the block
  • LMAO 5

River
1 minute ago, HelloHangoverz said:

she's really taking the piss isn't she 

x factor lol GIF by X Factor Global

Happy mediocrity day :icant:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

HelloHangoverz
Just now, River said:

Happy mediocrity day :icant:

All's fair in love and scammery 

• LMAO 2

HelloHangoverz
4 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

“To a Melbourne audience of her Eras Tour, Swift said that ‘The Tortured Poets Department’ came from a “need” to write. It’s just that maybe we didn’t need to hear it.”’:bradley:

NME breaking cover for philanthrophic reasons. There is still good in this world :sara:

• Thanks 1

Future Lovers
17 minutes ago, River said:

Sorry but, you really don't understand the whole situation or you do but choose to sugarcoat it :emma:

I understand it perfectly? You’re saying people were scammed into buying vinyls on the back of a promise of an exclusive track when the reality was those tracks were going to be made available as a part of an extended version of the album and were not in fact exclusive to that vinyl and that said vinyl was not the full album. 

And I made the point that yes, pretty much the whole fanbase knew going in that those songs were not going to be exclusive to that vinyl. The artworks was the attraction. 

The double album theory has been floating around since the album was announced. The fanbase was not really taken by surprise that there was more material, the surprise was just how much of it there was. 

Again, we knew what we were buying when we bought it. We knew those vinyls weren’t gonna have exclusive “can only get it here” music. And we also were pretty confident that it wasn't gonna be every song she had ready to release either. 

You were taken by surprise with this. Swifties were not. 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

LadyxGaGa

also weren’t yall just complaining about her doing the this vinyl only has this exclusive and this vinyl only had this exclusive track so like what is it?? are u mad at the exclusivity or mad at the demand for more music and her supplying it?? like which hill are yall trying to fight on 

• Thanks 4

doraemon

Cassandra's melodies screams Singapore Airlines Safety Video instrumental!!

LadyxGaGa

like yall are acting dense as if 99% of the world doesn’t have access to a streaming site or as if EVERYONE bought her album on preorder 

like are u mad at her for making those physical tracks exclusive or making the entire thing digitally accessible 

Edited by LadyxGaGa

Future Lovers

1 minute ago, LadyxGaGa said:

like yall are acting dense as if 99% of the world doesn’t have access to a streaming site or as if EVERYONE bought her album on preorder 

like are u mad at her for making those physically tracks exclusive or making the entire thing digitally accessible 

It's so fascinating watching people get so upset about a situation that literally doesn't impact them in any conceivable way. They didn't buy one of the vinyls so literally what is there for them to be upset about other than it gives them something to harp on for their unhealthy obsession with not liking a celebrity? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

LadyxGaGa
2 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

like are u mad at her for making those physical tracks exclusive or making the entire thing digitally accessible 

Bronco
13 minutes ago, River said:

nobody knew about the second album, it was just a speculation :emma:

Usually the bonus tracks come to streaming a few months after release, not 2 hours after in a second album... which invalidate their "bonus track" statue

The bonus album isn't on physical so it's relevance to the physical editions of the Std album is pretty much irrelevant. 

I absolutely think the tactic this launch to have 4 unique bonus tracks was a bad one and very predatory. But the fact is that their release on digital streaming does not invalidate their "bonus track" state on their specific physical edition - they remain an exclusive/a bonus w/e you want to call it to their respective physical edition. 

But with the exception of Target paid for exclusives, or for artists that still do specific Japan editions, there's very few albums produced in the streaming era by any artist which have bonus tracks that aren't put instantly onto streaming to profit. Even before streaming, these deluxe editions/bonus tracks were made available for purchase on release day if not put up for advanced pre-order. 

Hell even the OG bonus tracks - hidden tracks at the end of an album - were made instantly available on itunes when that launched. 

• Like 2

Sinfullota

Listened to the first half of the album and it's a snoozefest. It's like I've been listening to the same song for 4 albums now. She needs to work with different producers and let other people write for her, cause her songwriting doesn't make sense. It's like random sentences put together by a 15 year old high school girl.

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 4

Illuminati
28 minutes ago, River said:

Sorry but, you really don't understand the whole situation or you do but choose to sugarcoat it :emma:

I think you're intentionally being disingenuous because you don't like her. Your argument being that tracks should remain off streaming like Love Me Right is also, well, a choice.

• Like 2