💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is LG7 a bit of a make or break for Gaga?

Mr S

Featured Posts

Trigger

No matter what she does, I’ll always support her and believe she is one of the most versatile, unpredictable artists the world will ever see. Had you told me she’d be starring as Harley Quinn in Joker 2 back in 2016 I’d laugh in your face. Equally, I’d laugh in your face in 2009 if you told me she’d put out something like Born This Way. Her ability to transform transcends anyone, and it’s what keeps her interesting to me, more so than the music itself.

That said, her decisions lately (with Richy, Nurtec, Haus Labs, etc.) has made me lose a lot of interest and sometimes even respect for her, and for me LG7 will absolutely be the turning point for me. I’ll lose faith a bit if it doesn’t deliver, and I say that as a fan since the very beginning in 2009.

But even if it flops, nobody will ever excite me the way she does. That woman could make an album of white noise and I’ll still live for it.

• Like 13
  • Love 3

MANiCURE 6

At this point I think she should do a Taylor's surprise release of LG7, no lead, nothing, just the album cover and a caption that goes, "you've been waiting, my new album is out tonight at midnight".

That would make the world explode.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 4

JustAnotherGayASMR
5 minutes ago, Trigger said:

That woman could make an album of white noise and I’ll still live for it.

That would actually be hilarious if she was to release an album of different sound waves such as white or brown noise after knowing the fans have been eagerly waiting

lady gaga smile GIF

After all it's just another gay x https://www.youtube.com/@JustAnotherGayASMR
  • LMAO 2

phantasmas

Beyonce has taken over my life so idk if Gaga can even snatch my attention back with music. It just doesnt seem as thought provoking to me anymore. :traumatica: 

• Love 2
  • Sad 1

HugoJG
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wild to see how many of you here are saying she'll essentially be done if this album isn't a major hit. She's solidified and she's for sure still got more hits in her. Age is viewed differently these days and her public image is the best its ever been. If Beyonce can still get #1's in her 40's and still have interest in her years between albums these days (6 years between Lemonade and Renaissance) and Rihanna still has fans hoping she'll release music even though she's devoted herself to makeup for 8+ years now, I think Gaga can still have success after 4 years or so since her last album. And she can totally act and still make music, many artists have done it. I'm surprised so many of you are underestimating her. Why do you choose to be on this forum if you don't have the confidence in her abilities? I find it pretty sad how Gaga once had one of the most supportive fanbases and now we can't even be super hyped for her next album. And we wonder why other artists are smashing and we aren't quite hitting the same level? :traumatica:

You can't blame the fanbase, she is partly to blame for things being like that.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I just think it's funny how some fans view her as someone who wants to be a Bey/Taylor in terms of pop music when I think she's made it very clear over several years now, that her career intentions are different. She has shaped an incredible lane for herself that no one else can claim. Too many fans view her acting or jazz as side projects when in reality these are pillars of her post-ARTPOP career. She's a different artist now. She's not going to suddenly jump back into being the "it girl" of the radio, hot 100, having hit and after hit after hit for 2 years or something. She's going to film another movie, she's going to continue singing Jazz, she'll have another Haus Labs campaign, and yes she'll have another album. But the expectation needs to be adjusted. Her being a multifaceted icon is actually what makes her more unique and interesting than Bey or Taylor. :shrug: This distinction should be viewed as a strength instead of a weakness that's somehow holding her back from chart dominance. She's doing what she wants, and it might not be what you want and that's okay.

tumblr_pnppuyTxnI1r8j1j3o1_400.gif

1 hour ago, WhiteWitch said:

I mean this as a general question and not directed at anyone, but is that level of “success” even what Gaga wants? What does success look like for her?

I mean look at the bad in addition to the good that Bey and Tay deal with. We criticize a lot of decisions and express frustration at what could be, but sometimes I feel like we forget to ask what is best for Gaga. She has been clear that she struggles with mental health, we’ve seen that struggle viscerally on camera. It’s very plausible that she doesn’t want that level of fame, or what it comes with. I picked up on that resentment of fame a lot in ASIB and her more reserved interaction. I also think it’s important for us to ask ourselves if our love and support of an artist is contingent on that level of performance and notoriety, or if it would be better for the mental health of those artists, as well as our own, to curb our expectations and just enjoy the ride.

Its very hard to see how quickly fans arguably overreact to situations without detailed information, and how extreme our emotions swing from elation to disdain based on our individual experiences and expectations when these artists don’t know who we are as individuals. We’ve over personalized this to a detriment to everyone when it really is much easier to just like what we each like, let others like what they like, and enjoy what art we do get or decide it didn’t click for us. Sometimes it seems like we argue just to feel heard or just to argue and that’s honestly not fun for anyone or a community. Criticism is certainly fair of course. Nurtec is a prime example. 

I can only speak for myself but it basically comes down to this: LG7 isn't make or break it for her, but it is for some fans. OG fan here and my support/interest for her has been waning the last few years: Richy, Nurtec, Haus Labs, the 2023 silence, ARTPOP 10TH cash grab, BTW 10TH "ANNIVERSARY", etc.

I just want her to sell and be passionate about her album and music the way she is about makeup, jazz, Nurtec, acting, and kindness :huntyga:

No matter what happens, I will still say she has one of the best voices of my generation, is one of the best performers and icons of my generation.

But there are so many artists lately that have been putting out more daring and interesting projects and visuals, Allie X to start. And I just miss that commitment to a project from Gaga, giving the fans an experience. TCB was definitely a step in the right direction, but unfortunately her tour visuals and concepts have been more appealing than the actual era and videos imo.

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 6

LuvitLevit

OK, I haven’t said much but I can’t let everybody talk about Chromatica like it wasn’t a success. While it was a big delay with the COVID-19 pandemic, I think people forget the fact that it was a first full stadium tour for her. This was the first tour of hers to make over $100 million Since Born This Way. The album had two top fives, and what it needed to do at the time. Chromatica, while maybe not her biggest was still a moment. 

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

BlingNotTheMusic
7 minutes ago, LuvitLevit said:

OK, I haven’t said much but I can’t let everybody talk about Chromatica like it wasn’t a success. While it was a big delay with the COVID-19 pandemic, I think people forget the fact that it was a first full stadium tour for her. This was the first tour of hers to make over $100 million Since Born This Way. The album had two top fives, and what it needed to do at the time. Chromatica, while maybe not her biggest was still a moment. 

It definitely was a moment and one of her best tours but I think people were talking about the album itself and it's minimal impression on pop culture and music, compared to her previous works. Tbh I have had several situations where I'm in a group setting or one-on-one and someone brings up Gaga and their first recollection is ASIB/Shallow. I had to remind them of Stupid Love, and some thought ROM was a Ari song feat Gaga 💀 They don't even remember or have to be reminded of Chromatica. Gaga fans, popheads and stan Twitter are the only ones who really know it exists, unfortunately :derpga:

The album was wayyy too safe for her and lacked a lot of what we have come to love about her music: strong melodies, hooks and bridges, memorable choruses (911 I'm looking at you). Don't get me wrong, I listen to a lot of the tracks often, but they are missing that Gaga punch or little extra something that made them different from pop songs you'd hear elsewhere. The Bloodpop influence made it so watered down with no edge at all. The Free Woman instrumental "chorus", the 1000 Doves "chorus".

The list goes on but all of this to say that her recent posts about being inspired to write again have me hyped that something great is coming!

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Gaga2645

A lot of monsters will in fact turn in their stan cards, but 100% she has won over the GP through her many different endeavors. And because of that, she will be fine at the end of the day. 
I still stand firmly that she began to check out after feeling betrayed by her fans in 2013. She won’t dare say it in front of a camera obviously, but I feel pop music has become a form of some spare pocket change for her (and this is 100% not shade to her music at all since 2013 she’s written so much beautiful material) I fully just believe with the way her fans have consistently treated her since 2013, she could just care less to feed anymore. 
I do still think with LG7 it will be a moment and I believe that she’s inspired and the such, but I do feel her overall dynamic/relationship as a whole has shifted and probably for the better

• Like 3

LordByron28

I don’t think it is make or break. It will affect the trajectory of her career but people on this forum are discrediting the fact that Bloody Mary was very popular especially for the younger crowd. Also that Hold My Hand had big exposure. I believe that her best bet for LG7 will be tying the era in with Joker 2 promo. Still let it be its own thing but using the hype and anticipation for Joker 2 to promote LG7. Joker 2 could be one of the biggest moments of her career. I’d say her previous peaks being Bad Romance and ASIB. Certainly depends on the quality of her album and singles but I don’t think it is as dire as people are making it to be. 

• Like 5

Sorcerer

It's not make or break for her. If she's doing a rock-inspired record, then she knows it's not certain to smash. She's not targeting a Taylor or Beyonce level of domination in music because her priorities are spread out to many industries. But if Joker 2 smashes commercially, critically, and awards-wise? That's going to be HUGE for her career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mdance4life

I have enjoyed reading everyone’s thoughts and opinions on this.

For me personally, I don’t feel that Gaga any longer needs to be this chart topping mega icon artist. I was freshly 18 when I saw her live for the first time, for $10, at an 18+ gay club in October of 2008. Gaga helped shaped me into a confident and amazing adult gay man since that very night. That’s 16 years of life changing amazement that sooooooo many of us have been able to experience. To me, that has been a significant amount of life changing and impact making time as she has risen up towards the legacy that she made.  There are generations of people who have been there from the inception and have experienced this incredible ride. And I feel that for many of us, at least from my generation, she has done a lot! Enough that a new direction in her career is completely warranted and deserved. She quite honestly walked so that other artists could run. 

I feel that the work she has done, the mountains she has moved, and the earth that she has shaken during her career has been immense and enough if she so chooses for it to be that way. Those of us who have been along for the whole ride, will always hold her as one of the greatest icons and legacies to have existed in our lifetimes. A true mover and shaker. I don’t need the media, the charts, or the other fans or general public to tell me if she is a true queen or not. I no longer need stats and data  to tell me if she is one of the most influential artists to have existed in my lifetime. I know she is, was, and always will be. I don’t think she needs another album, movie, endorsement or project to remind me of just how much she is Mother. What I have witnessed and experienced has solidified that and I won’t ever forget a moment of us. Of course, I would absolutely love for my mind to be f***ing blown away by whatever is next, but I’m just grateful to have had the experience and memories that I have and my biggest hope is that she continues to spend the rest of her time on earth with us doing not just what makes her happy, but whatever gives her the most fulfillment. If she quit commercial arts forever and settled down to become a stay at home mom never to put anything out again, best believe I’m gonna lay on my back, legs up and clack my heels for her. Always.

Edited by mdance4life
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4

Agunimon

For me it is, and while I won't always support her, I will always cheer for her.

I want her to succeed in anything she does, but I don't care about her acting career and I don't really care about anything else she does outside of music.

From a musical standpoint, I don't even care about the eras or the music videos or performances. I just want more music from her.

Waiting this long between albums from her when I became a fan of her at a time when she was constantly releasing new material is not the best. Though I love Joanne, and I really enjoyed Chromatica at the time, it is not something I really revisit anymore.

It has been extremely frustrating from being a fan of her in that kind of lense.

I stopped many years ago anticipating and pining for new albums. It'll come when it comes, was what my mindset grew to become. But I also am not surprised if it doesn't. It is sad.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Edonis

It's been a while since her music has been in the zeitgeist at the forefront of pop culture. I really, really hope her team pushes this next record. There is no reason Lady Gaga's music, what made her famous in the first place, can't resonate in people's minds like it used to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Galagala

Stans will lmao this out of no reason for sure.

--------------------------------------------

I think now I accept the fact that she's really not that talented as a songwriter. Great singer and a culture icon but her music production doesn't have the high quality as Taylor Swift's or Beyonce's usually deliver. Artists like the latter two keep reinventing themselves with better music while Gaga... obviously not at the same level for a long time. I don't like Taylor or Beyonce but I really admire their efforts in their own music. 

It's really sad to see her social media full of commercials/marketing/business stuff now, ,deliver like only 1 project(film or music) every 1-2 year, and talk with some over-the-top **** every time when she campaigns for a film. Money and awards... it's like these are the 2 biggest things she care now.

I will always love her and support her, but it's a bit frustrating to see her like this now.

Edited by Galagala
  • LMAO 4
  • Love 1