💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Fan chosen singles?

Reject False Icons

Featured Posts

Reject False Icons

should official “choose the next single” polls be done again?
Has Gaga ever done one? :shrug:

Remember when Britney did it for If you seek Amy and it ended up being a hit, the same for Katy’s Dark Horse although walking on air was a hit too. 

Why labels stopped asking fans? :saladga: Do you remember other examples?

what do you think?

Edited by Reject False Icons

GAGASEXUAL

Lady Gaga has done it before between MANiCURE and Sexxx Dreams. As usual, nothing happened :awkney:

Edited by GAGASEXUAL

AnglerfishbraBENUS
2 minutes ago, GAGASEXUAL said:

Lady Gaga has done it before between MANiCURE and Sexxx Dreams. As usual, nothing has happened :awkney:

based on what we now know about both of those songs it does appear they were actually planned to be singles so who knows

• Like 2

Agunimon
2 minutes ago, GAGASEXUAL said:

Flopga not going with the fans. Smh. She doesn't realize we are little managers. Let us plan your eras and your promo because we don't trust your team anymore.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anderson123

Scheiße also won a poll Gaga did for 4th single. A couple of weeks later You and I got announced as the next single. 

I don’t blame it on Gaga because Scheiße was in her plans, Manicure, Sex Dreams and Venus too. Messy management during those times. 

We also probably would’ve had more for Chromatica if it weren’t for the pandemic. Free Woman, Sour Candy and Babylon were rumored to be singles. 

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 1

ALGAYDO
25 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I don’t blame it on Gaga because Scheiße was in her plans, Manicure, Sex Dreams and Venus too. Messy management during those times. 

Don’t forget that MTN was supposed to be the lead for BTW. And DITD was supposed to be the 3rd single off TMF instead of Alejandro. Her team has been consistently messy since the get-go lol 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Helxig

I feel like whenever artists do this their label shuts it down anyway. If artists actually had any freedom related to releases things would be totally different. Label execs are businessmen, not creatives, and they call the shots. I've always found it so strange that the ones in charge no nothing about art or music or even human emotion half the time

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anderson123
25 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Don’t forget that MTN was supposed to be the lead for BTW. And DITD was supposed to be the 3rd single off TMF instead of Alejandro. Her team has been consistently messy since the get-go lol 

Hmm that's true. I think Gaga wanted Alejandro though, she said she fought hard to make it a single.

• Like 2

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

Hmm that's true. I think Gaga wanted Alejandro though, she said she fought hard to make it a single.

Oooohhh yeah I remember her saying that. Which is kinda funny to think about. Because that means Interscope thought DITD was more radio-friendly than Alejandro lol 

• Like 2

Anderson123
28 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Oooohhh yeah I remember her saying that. Which is kinda funny to think about. Because that means Interscope thought DITD was more radio-friendly than Alejandro lol 

I remember Dance In The Dark and Alejandro getting released at the same time as promo singles and later removed from iTunes as if they changed their mind about it. Not sure what was going on but yeah such a shame Dance In The Dark ended up as a fan favorite, same with Scheiße.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

River

It's not really her team, but interscope going safe with the most radio friendly songs while pushing aside the experimental and potentially controversial songs.

DITD was too experimental for them

Scheiße was too controversial, because they thought that the word "****" was gonna make the US parents go insane

But somehow Bloody Mary, the most blasphemous song on the album, more than Judas, has been a success, nobody noticed the lyrics lol

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 3

artdoll
9 minutes ago, River said:

DITD was too experimental for them

But somehow Bloody Mary, the most blasphemous song on the album, more than Judas, has been a success, nobody noticed the lyrics lol

I thought Interscope were pushing for DITD to be the 3rd single but Gaga ultimately decided to make Alejandro the 3rd single?

Also people did notice Bloody Mary's lyrics! The religious TikTokers were super upset about it and satanic allegations against Gags were popping up again :ladyhaha:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

Delulu

Not really on topic (well kind of) but what I would’ve done to throw everyone off during TFM era is dropping Speechless as a single, that would’ve got people talking me thinks.

f*** u pop music
  • Like 1

Versace

When it comes to planned Gaga singles

I know Boys Boys Boys was supposed to be 5th from TF but got shelved cause TFM/BR were ready to release

For TFM it’s true the label was planning for DITD but Gaga pushed for Alejandro instead. DIDT probs got shelved cause Gaga was in BTW mode or label had budget for 3 singles. 

For BTW Gaga was deciding between MTN and BTW and ultimately went with BTW. TEOG became the third single cause of how well it was received as a promo single after Judas. I forgot how You&I became a single but I think it was doing well in the country scene? Gaga did have plans for Scheisse, Bloody Mary and HML as well as she wanted the era to have 8 singles but interscope was against that and I think seeing the controversy Judas created made them opposed to Schiesse and Bloody Mary. 

For ARTPOP Gaga wanted Aura as the lead but interscope wanted Applause. For the second single Gaga wanted fans to choose between Manicure and Sexxx Dreams but interscope chose Venus. When DWUW did well as a promo single, Venus got scrapped in its favor. DWUW mv being a mess had interscope almost call off the entire era but Gaga tried to revive it with G.U.Y after which she also moved on from the album/era. 

For Joanne I think everything went according to plan from what I remember. 

For Chromatica covid probably made us lose a potential single or two. There was a rumor that Free Woman and/or Alice had single plans. I also suspect Sour Candy could have been a single. 

• Like 1