Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

New Nurtec Ad

edgy

Featured Posts

holy scheisse
11 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

OMG SAME! We are allergy sisters!

hey sister :teenidle: see you at the upcoming antihistamine convention! 

• YAAAS 1

Romkance

I know is just ad, but she's looks soooo good:firega:Happy Taraji P Henson GIF by NBC

Xoxo, Romkance🖤

ProfessionalClown

my mom has the worst migraines you can think of bc of her lupus and she tried this and said it was like a miracle drug. within minutes her migraine went away and usually she has little side effects leftover from the initial migraine, she had 0, it’s like it never was gonna happen.

i approve of this frfr

• Like 1
  • Love 4

SharkmanthaC
4 hours ago, Aren said:

Gurl I suffer from migraine, but I wouldn’t call it a community 

Yeah I have chronic migraines. Over 15 per month. Debilitating. Constant medication (which is real fun to manage while pregnant). Botox every 3 months. Mine get so bad, I even have my neurologists' direct cell phone number. So yes, I would call it a community. There are online support groups that have really helped me. But you do you, but don't assume I don't know what it's like to be a migraine sufferer.

she/her/hers
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

SharkmanthaC
45 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

my mom has the worst migraines you can think of bc of her lupus and she tried this and said it was like a miracle drug. within minutes her migraine went away and usually she has little side effects leftover from the initial migraine, she had 0, it’s like it never was gonna happen.

i approve of this frfr

This. I guess I'm just less of a critic of this because of how much Nurtec helped me. And it doesn't cause rebound migraines which so many of the other meds we have do. But I get the criticism about Gaga doing the ad. Just don't think we downplay how much a medication like this can help someone. 

she/her/hers
  • Like 2

ImAnEnigma26

She looks exactly what 38 year old famega would look like, just with a hint of epione :heart:

• Thanks 1

GagaSine

I just found out this drug has recently become available in Canada. My boyfriend and his father have been getting terrible migraines all their lives. I wonder if they would be able to get it prescribed and how much it costs here. My bf's doctor is pretty terrible so I wouldn't be surprised if she would refuse to prescribe it for him tho. 

Gaga2645
5 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Sorry but to me it comes across as para-social talk about a “community” that doesn’t tangibly exist. I’m not denying that there aren’t individuals and doctors and researchers that experience study and treat migraines but the language of “community” feels like it’s just co opting Gaga’s brand of being a “uniter” and condensing it into a pharmaceutical ad lol all she’s gotta do next is mention the bravery and kindness of the migraine community and my eyes will have officially rolled into the very back of my skull tbfh 

Brb formally joining the seasonal allergies community bc I deal with that every February March and April. 

Dealing with intense migraines as a child can really be a b*tch and scary for the parents lollll

Chromatography

i really hate it when celebrities partner with drug companies. it comes off as very sleazy to me.

• Like 4

holy scheisse
1 minute ago, Gaga2645 said:

Dealing with intense migraines as a child can really be a b*tch and scary for the parents lollll

If yall want to be regarded as a “migraine community” then by all means do so and once again - my apologies for offending you. but don’t get it twisted, I understand migraines suck as I’ve experienced them myself and witnessed them in others. Just bc I commented on how Gaga’s language choice in selling her pills comes across as manipulative to me doesn’t mean I don’t sympathize.

:heart:

BUtterfield 8

Am I missing something?

why y’all hating on a migraine ad?

• Like 1

Edonis
7 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

If yall want to be regarded as a “migraine community” then by all means do so and once again - my apologies for offending you. but don’t get it twisted, I understand migraines suck as I’ve experienced them myself and witnessed them in others. Just bc I commented on how Gaga’s language choice in selling her pills comes across as manipulative to me doesn’t mean I don’t sympathize.

:heart:

I get where you're coming from, but drug commercials did not invent the use of the term community to refer to groups of people suffering from chronic (and usually incurable) conditions. You've never heard phrases like "the autism community" or "the HIV community"? Social support is an important component of disease management, so using terms like that to describe shared experiences is not something new. 

Whether its usage is disingenuous for marketing purposes is a different story. 

• Like 2

MessyTop
14 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Am I missing something?

why y’all hating on a migraine ad?

You need to understand , marketing drugs/medicine is only legal in the United States. No other country in the world markets drugs. So for other folk it seems so out of line and not right. We Americans are so used to drug Commercials we don’t think twice about it. 

• Like 3
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2