πŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT πŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Katy's career allegedly sabotaged

weed

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
Just now, G U C C I said:

…couldn’t do a rebrand/reinvention of herself because she lacks versatility and let’s be honest she’s not the most talented.Β 

F2DTeImaQAQnZvC.jpg

• LMAO 11

Spartacus

I'm reading allota comments in here and thinking "But, Taylor Swift..."

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…π€πŒπ„ π„ππˆπ†πŒπ€β„’
  • Like 1

Lucas

I don't really believe that.

SHE decided to stop working with Dr. Luke after the Kesha story went public, and she relied on him a lot to get hits. People didn't enjoy her music as much without Dr. Luke resulting in lower sales.

SHE changed her hair style because she didn't want to be Katy Perry anymore. We all know the GP's reaction to her hair & new style was awul.

SHE trashtalked Britney Spears a few times at the beginning of the PRISM era. I remember this got her a lot of hate on Internet in 2013 which is when her popularity decline really started.

SHE never evolved with her sound and image, so people got bored of her. The reason why Harleys In Hawaii is her most memorable song of the last decade is because it's so different from her usual sound and image.

Β 

• Like 7

Red

I’m proud to always have loved Witness regardlessΒ :bon:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

SlowLoris

So getting bad reviews from a website equals sabotage?Β  Of course pitchfork doesn't like her, why would they?Β Β 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

River

Idol has bad impact on artists because they have to be mean many times for the drama and the GP don't like mean celebrities.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 6

PMM

i would write sth but that will take me a lot of time and i am too lazy.
but know that business is business and we as stans dont know **** insideΒ 
do i believe her career was sabotaged? yesΒ 
when you look at the paper witness era (bon appetite and ss) as songs are smash hits
someobody wrote different narrative and people went with itΒ 

I Am a Joke
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Versace

Lol do these critics actually think they control commercial success, many albums that sold millions have poor reviews or won no Grammies. Katy’s decline is simple, for 2-3 reasons.Β 

1-She stopped working with Bonnie McKee and Dr.LukeΒ 

2-She never really experimented unlike her peers so people got bored

3-The aesthetic choices around her during Witness (especially) and Smile were considered not sexy when prior a lot of girls wanted to look like Katy and the guys lusted over her (it’s sad this is a factor for her downfall but its undeniable)

• Like 3

Lucas
3 minutes ago, PMM said:

when you look at the paper witness era (bon appetite and ss) as songs are smash hits

They peaked at 59 and 46 on the Hot 100, wouldn't call them smash hits but they're bops for sureΒ :laughga:

• Like 1

JorgeX
1 hour ago, gumzy3000 said:

This is ridiculous. The truth is that the public just got tired of her doing the same thing over and over again.

So if that is the case, why the public isn’t tired of taylor swift doing the same thing over and over again?Β 
Β 

oprah winfrey GIF

Bronco
4 minutes ago, PMM said:

Except for the fact that Bon AppΓ©tit was a collab with a homophobic rap group - when a lot of Katy's fans were gays. And it came at the peak of her weird stunts.Β 

And Swish Swish is the only song with any longevity from that album for Katy, but 3rd singles are never smash hits when released after flops. Plus it was reheated beef with an artist who the GP had decided to stop hating again, and it wasn't even good shade.Β 

• Like 1

Bronco
5 minutes ago, JorgeX said:

So if that is the case, why the public isn’t tired of taylor swift doing the same thing over and over again?Β 

Country (Debut, Fearless), Pop Country (Speak Now, Red), Pure Pop (1989, Rep, Lover), Indie-Folk (Folklore & Evermore) and currently Synth Pop (Midnights).Β 

That's way more variety than anything Katy put out which was Pop Rock, Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop. And let's face it, she had diminishing returns on each pop album she put out in terms of quality.Β 

• Thanks 7

CoolTrainerTerry
2 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Country (Debut, Fearless), Pop Country (Speak Now, Red), Pure Pop (1989, Rep, Lover), Indie-Folk (Folklore & Evermore) and currently Synth Pop (Midnights).Β 

That's way more variety than anything Katy put out which was Pop Rock, Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop. And let's face it, she had diminishing returns on each pop album she put out in terms of quality.Β 

Um, I think you forgot her Purposeful Pop Era

• LMAO 13

holy scheisse

Mmm maybe people just got bored of herΒ :ororomunroe:

Β 

it was hilarious when she put out chained to the rhythm which is a critique (?) on consumerism and conventionalism (being generous bc it wasn’t as deep as it was just fun/vibey) coming from one of the most mass produced pop stars of the 2010sΒ