rumor

Katy's career allegedly sabotaged

weed

Featured Posts

Gaga2645

Not mister Dā€™s entertainment news ā€¦ ew

• Like 6

27monster27

Can anyone explain how Christina's downfall was planned? Did it have anything to do with how RCA made her write different songs for Bionic?

he/him/his
  • Thanks 1

JessFletch

Cognitive dissonance can be a life raft

anigif_sub-buzz-22272-1495467380-14.gif

edit- meaning she is choosing to remember/recall incorrectly- and any sabotage was, in large part, the result of sh*t like the above gif lol

Edited by JessFletch
šŸŒ“āš–ļøšŸŒ—
  • Like 14
  • LMAO 11

gumzy3000

This is ridiculous. The truth is that the public just got tired of her doing the same thing over and over again.

trolly troll troll
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 13

Psyduck

hmm but the quality of her music also went downhill. she was also overexposed from 2013 to 2017.

keep on looking for Psyduck
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

PartySick

She wasn't sabotaged, she just hit a peak in popularity. It's always a bubble that risks getting popped. Some artists, like Gaga, have other things to fall back on and can regain stability and popularity after their bubble's burst.

Katy simply put out two meh albums (ironically my favorite of hers), had a Vegas show, and became an Idol judge.

She can absolutely come back with a vengeance any time though imo

A homo in eco-friendly packaging šŸŽ
  • Like 25

Teletubby

@River did that:river:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 1

moonsago

Maybe there is some truth to it but we canā€™t ignore the fact that the public just didnā€™t care anymore and the music was not on par to her previous stuff quality wise. Not to mention her odd behaviour during that time.Ā 

• Like 7

high culture

Sabotaged by her barber in 2017 maybe

• Like 1
  • LMAO 61

FATCAT

They might have sabotaged her but they didnā€™t force her to make music the public didnā€™t seem to embrace. Sometimes your time just comes and goes. I think she still has plenty to give!

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 6

Noah

Her Image shift seemed drastic at the time, her personality was weird (the IG Live comment about Obama, making fun of Britney) the Music didn't fit into the soundscape of 2017 - by the time Smile came around, she had released like 6 Singles (NRO, Small Talk, HiH, Daisies and Smile) and none of them hit despite big budget Music Videos, lots of Promotion etc. and it was just hard to keep up for her in a time where Dua Lipa kind of took her spot with several Radio Hits.Ā 

It just happens to a Popstar, it's the part where you have to start being strategic and think about how you want to position yourself in Pop moving forward, which is why I am excited for Katys comeback.

āŸ” ā‹† Ėšļ½”ā‹†šŸ¦¢ā‹† Ėšļ½”ā‹†āŸ”
  • Like 5

Ladle Ghoulash

Iā€™m not really sure how clickbait journalism would really be specific to Katy, tho lol. It felt like Vice and countless other outlets were trashing Gaga for clicks in 2013-2014ā€¦what allegedly makes Katyā€™s situation unique here?Ā 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

G U C C I

Is this some narrative she is paying to be pushed since she is reportedly making a comeback album this year?
Ā 

Because I canā€™t see how anything was planned for her to have a downfall? She just lost popularity with the public and couldnā€™t do a rebrand/reinvention of herself because she lacks versatility and letā€™s be honest sheā€™s not the most talented.Ā 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

HelloHangoverz

Katy needs to inject some personality into her music. I like it, butĀ likingĀ it is as far as it goes. I don't get a lot of personality or innovation from her. It's just more dance music and that's it.

don't be fooled by the rocks that I got, I'm just HelloHangoverz from the block
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1