💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift becomes a billionaire

Dennis

Featured Posts

27monster27

Kind of conflicted. Billionaires could easily redistribute their wealth to help so many people, but then again seeing women take on power that is typically only assumed of men is nice to see.

he/him/his
  • Like 1

PartySick
4 hours ago, RAMROD said:

He isn't. He got a lot of money but he also spent lavishly. He never get billionaire status cos he never was, cos of his spending habits. Hence why at the time of his death in 2009, Michael Jackson's estate was reportedly in significant debt due to various legal issues and extravagant spending.

And, in 2016, Forbes estimated annual gross earnings by the Jackson Estate only at $825 million. 

His estate made over $1 billion in 2019 alone

Edit: Though I guess this includes managing the many holdings he had in multiple businesses and brands, not pure music sales, but I still find the whole thing dubious tbh

Edited by PartySick
💚

PartySick
4 hours ago, hieronymus said:

Omg at first I thought you'd misread Michael Jordan as Michael Jackson and that was the MJ you were referring to. I need to give myself a chance to wake up before coming here

If you see "MJ" in my post, it's about the king of pop :ally:

💚
  • YAAAS 1

StrawberryBlond

I'm still confused as to how billionaire status is quantified today. I simply thought it meant you must have at least a billion in your bank account. But then, that will always be getting depleted because of tax, bills, staff wages, childcare costs, grocery expenses, charity donations, etc. So, do any of these stars actually ever have a billion or more actively in their account at any one time? I still wonder how much of it is accurate. Remember when it was claimed Kylie Jenner was a billionaire and then it had to be retracted? 

bionic
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm still confused as to how billionaire status is quantified today. I simply thought it meant you must have at least a billion in your bank account. But then, that will always be getting depleted because of tax, bills, staff wages, childcare costs, grocery expenses, charity donations, etc. So, do any of these stars actually ever have a billion or more actively in their account at any one time? I still wonder how much of it is accurate. Remember when it was claimed Kylie Jenner was a billionaire and then it had to be retracted? 

Pretty much nobody in the world will have $1 billion sat in their bank account. It'll be held in various investments, trusts, assets, etc that they would sell/liquify if they needed more fungible money.

For example (and not based in reality at all) Taylor's $1 billion could be

- 10 million in various bank accounts

- 90 million in limited edition luxury watches

- 400 million in trusts

- 500 million in stocks and shares

- and a 1 cent coin

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 3

olive specter
5 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Its unethical to accept money from the tour and albums you release into your bank account? lol

it's unethical to have more money then you, your family and your kids' kids will ever need and not give it away to other people who struggle their whole life

earning this kind of money is not the problem

the way it's earned is usually the problem and keeping it for yourself is another

there are people who could have been billionaires long time ago, but because they give away to charity and stuff, they are not.

Edited by olive specter
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Cello
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

His estate made over $1 billion in 2019 alone

Edit: Though I guess this includes managing the many holdings he had in multiple businesses and brands, not pure music sales, but I still find the whole thing dubious tbh

I wonder if his stake in Sony counted as separate from his own music earnings

she/her 💗 free my mind

PartySick
35 minutes ago, Cello said:

I wonder if his stake in Sony counted as separate from his own music earnings

Maybe, I dunno.

I don't really care 'cause he's not here to be charitable with it. I just hope Prince and his foundation is getting a sizeable chunk :noparty:

💚
  • Like 1

faysalaaa
1 hour ago, olive specter said:

it's unethical to have more money then you, your family and your kids' kids will ever need and not give it away to other people who struggle their whole life

earning this kind of money is not the problem

the way it's earned is usually the problem and keeping it for yourself is another

there are people who could have been billionaires long time ago, but because they give away to charity and stuff, they are not.

Okay so its not unethical to be a billionaire, its unethical to not give people in need money. Which applies to almost everyone in the world.

• LMAO 1

NATAH
38 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Which applies to almost everyone in the world.

do you enjoy missing the point on purpose? :messga:

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 4

Illuminati
6 hours ago, pachinko said:

I bet she is voting for Trump too. 

She has no history of ever supporting a republican and he's been an absolute creep to her directly so I don't see why she would.

If anything the latter might inspire her to donate to dems more.

• Thanks 1

Reality

i'm surprised she wasn't already a billionaire tbh 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1

faysalaaa
5 minutes ago, NATAH said:

do you enjoy missing the point on purpose? :messga:

Yes this is how real conversations go, sometimes I wont understand you, and now its your turn to explain it to me. But clearly you dont want to explain it for some reason, and want to tell me that im missing the point on purpose. If you want to live in a world where everyone understands and agrees with you, dont join a public forum.

• Shook 1

Gaga2645
1 hour ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Okay so its not unethical to be a billionaire, its unethical to not give people in need money. Which applies to almost everyone in the world.

No, because almost everyone in the world is not a billionaire 

• Like 2

NATAH
1 minute ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Yes this is how real conversations go, sometimes I wont understand you, and now its your turn to explain it to me. But clearly you dont want to explain it for some reason, and want to tell me that im missing the point on purpose. If you want to live in a world where everyone understands and agrees with you, dont join a public forum.

i shouldn't have to explain it to you when it's painfully obvious :messga:

mother, what must i do?