Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
movie

Horror Movies 2024 - Mega Thread

Flippy

Featured Posts

Fantina
10 hours ago, Flippy said:

You know, I actually really enjoyed it but I felt like some things were just over so quickly and it made no sense… but other than that, it was great! I’ll probably wait to watch it on digital next! :oops:

I can agree that some scenes felt rushed, but all in all, it was a worthy sequel. I love how we are seeing a revival of 80s/90s movies and culture this year. Same goes for songs, lots of inspiration from that period too. 

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.
  • Love 1

Flippy
10 hours ago, Plastic Flower said:

Late reply but... Beautiful gowns. :huntyga:

Definitely a concept. Not great execution and I wasn't in love with the acting of the line delivery.

Ok I thought I was missing something since so many people were praising it :bradley: I’m glad I’m not alone in this :selena:

31 minutes ago, Fantina said:

I can agree that some scenes felt rushed, but all in all, it was a worthy sequel. I love how we are seeing a revival of 80s/90s movies and culture this year. Same goes for songs, lots of inspiration from that period too. 

Yes! Definitely it wasn’t a bad sequel so at least there’s that! It was pretty fun! I’ll be rewatching it tomorrow! :billie: My friend hasn’t seen it so it’s the right moment! Lol

Also… looking forward to the last part :cheeky: it’s giving S3 of Drag Race with Manila :legend:

Edited by Flippy
TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Like 1

Flippy

Updated the OP with the following Trailers:

Spoiler

Salem's Lot (MAX, October 3rd)

Hold Your Breath (Hulu, October 3rd)

House Of Spoils (Prime Video, October 3rd)

It's What's Inside (Netflix, October 4th)

Little Bites (Theaters / VOD, October 4th)

Your Monster (October, 25th)

Additionally, I'm starting a Horror Movies 2025 Mega Thread! :) 

Here it is!

Edited by Flippy
TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Levine
On 9/8/2024 at 4:50 PM, Fantina said:

2. The Empty Man (2020) Apparently the movie suffered a lot because it came out just when COVID-19 hit, so it performed poorly in theatres. Recently, I saw someone recommending it on a YouTube video, so I decided to give it a go. The plot of the movie is really interesting, but unfortunately suffers from a very bad trailer that does it no justice at all. This, plus the fact that the movie is 140 minutes long, I am not surprised that no one is rushing to see it. To keep it short, it's a movie that somehow manages to mix together all different kinds of classic horror movie tropes into a story that you need to piece together. You really need to pay attention and listen to it, in order to fully understand what is going on.  There is a lot of ambiguity in some of the stories and I wouldn't fault you if you found it boring or if you had no idea what was happening most of the times. The opening scene is one of the eeriest I have seen in recent years and sets the tone for the story moving forward. Go watch the trailer (will be provided in the lowermost spoiler) and decide if you want to go see it. 

I just watched it because of your post and I LOVED it. I do remember I watched the trailer and I said "meh", because it really doesn't give it justice (I love how in the comments section of the trailer many people said that too).

I loved that it was more than 2 hours long. And yes you really have to pay attention to everything in order to get the full thing. 

Great movie. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

franminervini

Guys I wanna watch Oddity but where can I find it? 

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!
  • Love 1

Flippy
16 minutes ago, franminervini said:

Guys I wanna watch Oddity but where can I find it? 

It will be on Shudder on the 27th!

• Like 1

Fantina
1 hour ago, Levine said:

I just watched it because of your post and I LOVED it. I do remember I watched the trailer and I said "meh", because it really doesn't give it justice (I love how in the comments section of the trailer many people said that too).

I loved that it was more than 2 hours long. And yes you really have to pay attention to everything in order to get the full thing. 

Great movie. 

IT REALLY DOESN'T DO IT ANY JUSTICE WHATSOEVER !!!

That scene where he spies on the cult members performing a ritual, only for them to stop and stare at him gave me chills :enigma:

Glad you liked it, I kinda wanted to update the thread with movies I watched recently but was hesitant since it is a 2024 thread, and the movie came out 4 years ago :bradley: Wanted to stay on topic :oops:

• Love 2

Flippy
58 minutes ago, Fantina said:

IT REALLY DOESN'T DO IT ANY JUSTICE WHATSOEVER !!!

That scene where he spies on the cult members performing a ritual, only for them to stop and stare at him gave me chills :enigma:

Glad you liked it, I kinda wanted to update the thread with movies I watched recently but was hesitant since it is a 2024 thread, and the movie came out 4 years ago :bradley: Wanted to stay on topic :oops:

Oh feel free to discuss any movies you enjoy! :kara: it’s essentially a horror movie (yearly) thread but There’s no rules about what you can discuss/recommend :party: I actually watched it when I got the chance and really enjoyed it! I had actually forgotten about it so, I’m glad you mentioned it again :)

• Love 1

Fantina
13 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Oh feel free to discuss any movies you enjoy! :kara: it’s essentially a horror movie (yearly) thread but There’s no rules about what you can discuss/recommend :party: I actually watched it when I got the chance and really enjoyed it! I had actually forgotten about it so, I’m glad you mentioned it again :)

Oh okay, glad to hear that !!! :runhug:

I will try to update the thread whenever I have time and have watched something interesting:vegas:

Glad you enjoyed the movie :heart:

• Love 1

Fantina

OKAY,

Found some free time to write about 2 movies I have seen recently :oops:

Again, these are spoiler free (the spoilers are in the spoiler section) so feel free to read them :queenga:

1. Crow (2024) This is going to be hard to say because the original is probably one of my favorite movies ever, but the 2024 version definitely has some issues. It kind of sucks, especially since I had high hopes based on the teasers and the casting choices. Bill Skarsgard is unironically one of the hottest celebrities imo and seeing him in this role definitely made the movie ....uhm...watchable. This is probably the hottest a guy has ever looked in a movie recently lol. Him and FKA Twigs have some chemistry, but it really has no time to shine due to awkward pacing and weird plot choices. I understand that it doesn't have to follow the original, as I'm a fan of directors and writers pursuing their own stories, but some of the plot elements felt underdeveloped. 

Major spoilers below:

Spoiler

- We are constantly bombarded by Eric's flashbacks and nightmares, but we never fully understand what happened to him in his childhood. 

- The "movie" Dom shot that exposes Vincent as a bad guy could have definitely been utilized more in the second half of the movie. It would have been way better if Eric hijacked the opera screen and played it there so everyone can see that something was wrong with Vincent.

- I liked the way they expanded on the hell and purgatory part of the universe, but the rules don't make any sense. At first, he could have saved both their lives, but suddenly starts doubting her when he sees the video of her killing that girl. Then he gets another chance but now he has to live in hell while she gets revived. If you spend the first half of the movie building their chemistry and showing their love, how does he suddenly develop DOUBT after literally being told that the evil dude can manipulate people. I understand why, but I kind of felt that it could have been executed WAY BETTER.

If it wasn't for Bill and FKA Twigs, I don't know if I would have managed to sit through almost 2h of this movie :toofunny: The opera scene was also quite cool!

2. The Blackcoat's Daughter (2015) I wanted to watch this one because it was written and directed by Osgood Perkins, who also worked on Longlegs (2024). I immediately recognized Emma Roberts (AHS) and Kiernan Shipka (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) so I decided to give it a go. Both Longlegs and this movie have the similar chilling atmosphere that makes you wonder what is going to happen next. A similar episodic structure was present, with the story divided into three parts, each focusing on one of the main characters. While Longlegs had the T. Rex soundtrack and sound design, this movie had much less, making it feel almost as if the actresses were delivering their lines in an empty void. The actresses did an amazing job delivering the film’s eerie story, but you definitely need to pay VERY VERY close attention to understand what's happening, as the film shifts back and forth between different perspectives. I had to read a Wiki article to understand what was going on in one of the scenes :toofunny::ladyhaha: If you like slow-building, atmospheric movies then give it a go!

Trailers for each of the movies are included in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
Edited by Fantina
  • YAAAS 1

Born This Way

I think I'm gonna have to watch Halloween Ends for the first time soon :neyde:  I don't want to but at this point I guess I ought to.

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy
  • Shook 1

RickMonster98

speaking of horror, uglies starring joey king is scarily bad you should def check it out:billie:

• LMAO 1

Flippy
10 hours ago, GUY27 said:

Seeing The Substance tonight and I can’t wait..!!!!

OMG let me know it is! I want to see it! 

Flippy

So, I just found out about this film, and I gotta say, I'm intrigued :oprah: (Updated the op btw :cheeky:)

I'll try to check it out at some point. Apparently it's FINALLY being released after a long wait and limited viewings.