Which  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which

• Beyonce
    • Taylor Swift

Featured Posts

Agunimon

But which is your personal favorite?
I would say my personal favorite is Taylor. While I was counting down the days to both of their releases, I would say Taylor's release was the one that was usually at the forefront of my mind. I know far more Taylor songs than I do Beyoncé's songs, and I didn't really start following her until 4.

Who is more interesting to you?
Beyoncé is far more interesting as an individual, but when it comes to the engagement with fans and the easter eggs in music videos, Taylor is more interesting.

Who is more talented in your eyes?
Taylor has the talent of creating a song. It is her passion. There's only one popular artist I think who I think can pen a song better than Taylor and that is Lana.
Beyoncé is far more talented when it comes to performing and raw singing ability.

Who has better music?
If I am comparing their entire discographies, Taylor.
If I am comparing recent discography within the past 4 or so releases, Beyoncé. 

Who has better aesthetics?
Beyoncé.

Edited by Agunimon

Lord Axel

Controversial hot take but I honestly don't understand the hype behind either of them, like yeah I enjoy a few songs by them both, but people treat them like they're the second coming of Jesus literally every time they even breathe at a sports event or whatever

ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ϟ†▽✰𝒿 ~
  • Like 2

Flippy

It’s Taylor for me :madge:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

RebeldeFaith

A little lesson for today:

And of course I choose Bey. :oops:

Something something idk
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a fan of either, they both have songs I like, so unbiased opinions:

- Beyoncé is without a doubt the better singer and performer, and her concepts are more interesting as a whole.

- Taylor is underrated as a lyricist in this site, and she has shown some improvement live. 

that being said... I don't have a preference for either. Beyoncé is objectively the better performer though.

Edited by Guest

ChicaSkas

I refuse to choose. I love them both

Por que no los dos! 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Taylucifer

I'm a swiftie soooo it Taylor for me. Do love Beyonce, what she is doing with there genre exploration albums is super interesting and she is an incredible talent, so glad to experience the greatest song writer of our time and greatest performer of our time:legend:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

AMRer

Sorry but these questions seem absurd to me :littlepotter:

I like them both, why do we have to keep on comparing them all the time? Looks tiring

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

salty like sodium
12 hours ago, SevenWonder said:

If Taylor could sing better, it'd be here. She's more singular. She can pick up a guitar and write a killer song all by herself. Beyonce is great, but she's the result of a TON of people/moving pieces putting everything together to make her, well, her. 

Nothing wrong with that. At all.

But I always find myself drawn to singular talent. It's why Gaga will always be my favorite. Gaga would be impossible to not look at if you saw her playing in a dive bar, a piano bar, on a movie screen, or Dodger stadium. She needs nothing but her own body, her own voice, a piano and viola, magic. 

Beyonce probably has better/more interesting songs, but Taylor is more instrumental to her songs' creation. So Taylor wins for me.

I should say I am not much of a fan of either (never owned any of their records, seen them live, etc.)

This is like claiming Taylor also doesn't work with producers and engineers... The only difference is Beyoncé knows how to pick who she works with when Taylor always works with the same dude (Antonoff) or whoever is hot right now (Max Martin), as opposed to up and coming minority artists, or unknown talents (like Beyoncé does). At the point both of them are in their career, their talents are very much plural, as opposed to singular. Because the industry relies on teams of people helping you achieve your vision (producers, arrangers, sound engineers, etc.).

It's also very dismissive to claim Beyoncé isn't instrumental to her songs. Read any interview of her collaborators – she has the vision in mind from the start and is crucial to the final product. For Texas Hold 'Em they flew a banjo player in from across the country or something just because she had something in her head no one else was able to play.

Edited by salty like sodium
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Roughhouse Dandy

I respect everyone's opinion, but it doesn't sit right in my soul how dismissive some are because Beyoncé doesn't write her songs word for word. The way she gives her vision/aesthetic prompts with a piece of something she wrote herself, has an entire camp of people write different lyrics to different instrumentals and pieces 3 4 5 different parts into one cohesive narrative song that feels personal to her (IMO) is just as impressive as writing it herself. That takes such a depth of musical knowledge to make work. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

salty like sodium
2 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

I respect everyone's opinion, but it doesn't sit right in my soul how dismissive some are because Beyoncé doesn't write her songs word for word. The way she gives her vision/aesthetic prompts with a piece of something she wrote herself, has an entire camp of people write different lyrics to different instrumentals and pieces 3 4 5 different parts into one cohesive narrative song that feels personal to her (IMO) is just as impressive as writing it herself. That takes such a depth of musical knowledge to make work. 

not to mention that all of that would be impossible with a lack of vision. i'd love to see anyone criticising her for doing that criticise film directors for hiring set designers and costume designers and cinematographers and scriptwriters because they didn't make the whole movie themselves. it's as shallow an argument as that. :huntyga:

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

juicyjuicy

I have Taylor Swift’s music blocked on my Spotify. I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF

• Thanks 1

NCgaga

I pick both. Beyonce is a better vocalist and live performer. Taylor has more musicality and writes songs. 

I have more Taylor in my playlists as I like more of her songs, but I wouldn’t say either one is Better than the other. They are both better at different aspects. 

RochestrMonstr

I definitely like more Taylor songs, no question. 

But Beyoncé has always had this flawless Queen vibe that no one else seems able to attain so naturally. I have to give it to her. 

GAGASEXUAL

Musically, Taylor; everything else, Beyoncé.