💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How important is Joker 2: FAD for Gaga's career?

Yaaaas Gaga

Featured Posts

McQueenAddict

as a cinephile who tracks the oscars obsessively, i'm predicting that the film is gonna bomb. the first joker was a lightning-in-the-bottle event which happened at a specific time, in a certain specific cultural context. the novelty has worn off, and the demographic which pulled up the first film is not going to be here for this one. 

Edited by McQueenAddict
  • Shook 1

Chlorine Sevigny

I don't think the stakes are that high. If it flops, at least it was a risk. Maybe it'll force her to work on less tentpole/blockbusters. I'm getting a bit sick of that. :max:

MelbHawker

Given the Joker / HQ’s insane popularity & relevance in pop culture over the last 15 years.. if she butchers it, it ain’t gonna be good for her. The first film triumphed, but should FAD flop she’ll cop 100% of the blame.

• Like 3
  • Shook 1

phantasmas

i think its important to her personally but I believe she couldve gone for any role really

Agunimon

This will extend her potential fanbase to straight men. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Psyduck

If this flops, FADga will forever be embedded on OGH's mind.

keep on looking for Psyduck

SevenWonder

I don't think it's all that important. Gaga is so firmly entrenched as an A Lister, a movie doing well or flopping won't change that. She'd need three or four flops in a row or so before that would happen. 

Red

Honestly I think her increase in popularity if the movie is a hit would be lower than the decrease if it flops :shrug: She’s already an icon, she doesn’t need Joker FAD. It’s a slay but it ain’t 2018 anymore. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Rahrahbitchson

People saying that this could flop or not be as huge as the first one, clearly didnt saw the first movie. Joker leaves you wanting to see MORE and what happens next, it is a very good movie and if they had cast any other actress to be Harley, people would still go to see it. There is no chance that this movie will be a flop, so get real.

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • Thanks 3

Reality
2 hours ago, McQueenAddict said:

as a cinephile who tracks the oscars obsessively, i'm predicting that the film is gonna bomb. the first joker was a lightning-in-the-bottle event which happened at a specific time, in a certain specific cultural context. the novelty has worn off, and the demographic which pulled up the first film is not going to be here for this one. 

I think it depends on how good the story and performances are. I don't think the film will do as well as the first one, both from a box office and awards standpoint, but I don't think it's gonna bomb either. I agree that the first movie captured a certain 'lightning-in-a-bottle" event that will be very difficult to replicate, but I think that's why they decided to swing big for the sequel. If you're gonna do a sequel to a movie like Joker—of which many people believe a sequel isn't even necessary—you need to take big, creative, and interesting swings.

The demographic that showed up for the first film might not show up, but that's dependent on the quality of the film itself. If it's genuinely good, people who saw the first one will show up again. And even if they don't, other kinds of demographics will show up. I mean, Gaga + musicals? They're getting the gays together for this one :sweat:

🃏🖤👹
  • Thanks 4

Stephen
3 hours ago, McQueenAddict said:

What does tracking the Oscars have to do with a movie bombing or not? :healedmyheart: Unless you mean bombing AT the Oscars? :oprah: Usually bombing refers to box office which would only happen if the movie is genuinely bad.

I do agree that it's a long shot for Gaga's Oscar chances though. Most people don't realize how hard it is to even get the nomination, let alone the win.

Economy

It may seriously propell her forward again but that partly will also be determined by other projects right before or after (AK LG7)

BlingNotTheMusic
3 hours ago, McQueenAddict said:

I respect your opinion but Joker was released in 2019, right before the pandemic.

Now, more than ever, people are talking about mental health and all that intertwines with it. I personally think this is an even better time to release something like this. 

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

BlingNotTheMusic

Imo, even though Gaga shined in HoG, the film has more cons than pros imo and has low replay value. ASIB has lots of replay value due to the music and story, but even as a liddo, I've seen it a bit too much :healedmyheart:

There's A LOT riding on this film. If you flash back 10 years ago to Oct 2014, Gaga was fresh off the ARTPOP era and in her JazzGa era to start her image cleanup from the last two albums. Since then, her biggest song/album etc has been "Shallow"/ASIB, and that was 6 years ago. We are now nearly halfway through the decade and (when it comes to the GP) very few other than gays and liddos remember ROM (let alone any other Chromatica tracks, lbr)

So yeah this is the perfect time for Gaga to reenergize her image and status within pop culture. Joker 2 will only go so far though. Even with a spectacular film and, presumably, awesome soundtrack, if she wants staying power she's going to have to appeal to the iPad generation meaning uploading TikToks of her music and all that :messga:

Unfortunately, we are done with the days of TV performances and interviews so she "has to" pivot to leave the old promotional ways behind and "get with the times".

Tldr: Joker is a big opportunity for her and I have faith it's going to be huge. 

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

LordByron28
2 hours ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Imo, even though Gaga shined in HoG, the film has more cons than pros imo and has low replay value. ASIB has lots of replay value due to the music and story, but even as a liddo, I've seen it a bit too much :healedmyheart:

There's A LOT riding on this film. If you flash back 10 years ago to Oct 2014, Gaga was fresh off the ARTPOP era and in her JazzGa era to start her image cleanup from the last two albums. Since then, her biggest song/album etc has been "Shallow"/ASIB, and that was 6 years ago. We are now nearly halfway through the decade and (when it comes to the GP) very few other than gays and liddos remember ROM (let alone any other Chromatica tracks, lbr)

So yeah this is the perfect time for Gaga to reenergize her image and status within pop culture. Joker 2 will only go so far though. Even with a spectacular film and, presumably, awesome soundtrack, if she wants staying power she's going to have to appeal to the iPad generation meaning uploading TikToks of her music and all that :messga:

Unfortunately, we are done with the days of TV performances and interviews so she "has to" pivot to leave the old promotional ways behind and "get with the times".

Tldr: Joker is a big opportunity for her and I have faith it's going to be huge. 

I mean I’d say Bloody Mary was fairly big for Gen Z and millenials with it being a tik tok viral hit that got a decent amount of radio play all things considered. So her name was kept semi relevant in 2022 after Haus of Gucci. Fortnite as well is good at keeping her in a segment of the GP’s eye since it is played by roughly 200 million users a month. Hold my hand may not have been massive for the GP but it is on a really big film coupled with an Oscars performance in 2023. Tony Bennet and Rolling Stones collabs appealed to a very small segment of boomers. She hasn’t set the world on fire with a big phenomenon since Shallow or major hit since RoM but she has been relevant to a large and diverse portion of people with different collaborations. She hasn’t faded away and done nothing since Chromatica. 

With that said, I mostly agree Joker: FAD has the potential to be really big for her. By far the biggest film she has ever been apart of considering the original was a billion dollar grossing film and is apart of the Batman universe in a major role. The first film was also highly talked about for its socio-political commentary. I suspect this film will have similar commentaries. A musical aspect to it will likely draw a lot of attention. It remains to be seen how it will be viewed. While her legacy is already solidified to an extent. This film could be a major step in her acting career since it is the biggest project she has ever been apart of and likely the highest grossing one. I imagine it could be the most challenging for her as well. 

Edited by LordByron28
  • Like 3