opinion

Joanne vs. Cowboy Carter (VOTE)

Noah X

Joanne vs. Cowboy Carter  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Joanne vs. Cowboy Carter

Featured Posts

Noah X

Unpopular opinion, but Cowboy Carter made me so much more appreciative of Joanne...:bradley:

I was listening through CC like...

liyahsphoenix-zachary.gif

It didn't wanna make me get out of my seat...Listening back to Joanne, it's such a bop...So many good funks and also ballads. AYO is the original YA YA tbh. :vegas: The only songs I like are 16 Carriages, Texas Hold em, and Levi Jeans

I was excited for Beyonce and I love her, and this is not about pitching women in music against each other etc, but my main point is I think we've been giving Joanne too much sh*t, when truly she was ahead of her time  :firega: We truly took her for granted.

***KEEP DISCUSSIONS CIVIL PLS :huntyga:

Edited by Noah X
  • Like 4

• Noah X changed the title to Joanne vs. Cowboy Carter (VOTE)
Lextyr97

In my opinion CC makes Joanne look like sh*t lmaooo agreed on the AYO and Ya Ya comparison but Ya Ya is 100x better imo

• Like 19
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 10

FATCAT

Let’s keep things civil guys or I’ll close this thread. I probably should have preemptively closed it but it’s slow let’s see how it goes

Purr more, hiss less.

PMM
2 minutes ago, Lextyr97 said:

In my opinion CC makes Joanne look like sh*t 

true 
tumblr_inline_mkqr6696w31qz4rgp.gif

I Am a Joke
  • LMAO 1

monketsharona

I don't even understand why Monsters are keeping comparing Joanne to Cowboy Carter when the later is truly a country album while Joanne is just not close to be a country album :enigma:

Edited by monketsharona
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Noah X
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Let’s keep things civil guys or I’ll close this thread. I probably should have preemptively closed it but it’s slow let’s see how it goes

Of course we love both Gags and Bey 

this is supposed to be a productive discussion about the two albums as creative pieces.

and there, I edited my post to have friendlier language :huntyga:

Edited by Noah X

InTheCloset

I feel like Joanne was a bit all over the place. 'country inspired' but not exactly country. About a dead aunt but basically the songs didnt match the theme or go with the message she was trying to convey.

I dont hate it though but Cowboy Carter is good. For some reason Beyonce's production always sounds expensive and polished but not over polished.

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Roughhouse Dandy

I love both, but Cowboy Carter takes it with ease. It's such a cohesive project and feels personal. Joanne feels like it started out as one thing and became another halfway through making it. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 4

FATCAT
8 minutes ago, Noah X said:

Of course we love both Gags and Bey 

this is supposed to be a productive discussion about the two albums as creative pieces.

and there, I edited my post to have friendlier language :huntyga:

It wasn't you I was worried about :messga:

Purr more, hiss less.
  • LMAO 1

Noah X
8 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

I feel like Joanne was a bit all over the place. 'country inspired' but not exactly country. About a dead aunt but basically the songs didnt match the theme or go with the message she was trying to convey.

:deadbanana:

• LMAO 1

alsemanche

CC >>>>>>

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

InTheCloset
39 minutes ago, Noah X said:

:deadbanana:

well not to be mean but it is true. Joanne started with one idea and ended up being a mixture of different ideas and wasnt cohesive

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Sad 1

Bronco

CC is better than Joanne - it's more cohesive, it keeps that core "Beyonce" flavour despite being a genre hop, the production is better, it has more of an identity. 

I voted for Joanne though as it's more the style of country/americana I prefer. 

Railing
1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

I don't even understand why Monsters are keeping comparing Joanne to Cowboy Carter when the later is truly a country album while Joanne is just not close to be a country album :enigma:

I mean, they're both extremely performative, with a clubby popstar suddenly donning cowboy hats and talking about rodeos and being like "I'm a country singer now" :rip: But I liked a lot of Joanne, idk

• LMAO 4