Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

15+ Songs in Joker

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic
3 hours ago, G U C C I said:

but given what has been said about the blood and violence and even potential r*pe

Excuse me? I'm not prepared for this :messga:

• Like 1

BlingNotTheMusic

Also, I'm confused.

Where did we get info that the music and covers would be strictly jazz?

Spoiler

I know the Judy Garland tea leaked

But they said 15 well-known songs. Do we have information that shows it's old songs, not newer songs? I can definitely see some 90s alternative/grunge working for this...

hieronymus
5 hours ago, Creyk said:

I checked on reddit and film forums not twitter. Also, incels were the target audience for the first movie.

Have they somehow seen the movie? I don't understand how a film without even a teaser trailer can be ascertained to have a target audience.

And no, incels weren't the target audience for the first film. They were the ones who most vocally latched onto the film's violent underdog message.

• Like 4

InTheCloset
3 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Trust me, they know what they're doing and they will do it right. Also all the leaks about plot details are fake! The set and project have been super locked 

Who are you?

People i think we have an insider among us

The closet lives……….

Creyk
10 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

No, it won't. It's going to be very successful regardless, worldwide hormonal teenagers and simpler audiences will eat up anything Joker related after the first one and they don't read online reviews 

If that was the case The Marvels and other movies coming from successful franchises would have been  successful. What you are thinking of is "word of mouth", which does affect the movie going tendencies of hormonal teenagers and "simpler audiences". If the movie receives negative word of mouth because of the huge amount of songs, that will affect these 2 demographics as well.

Edited by Creyk
  • Like 2

TimotheeChalamet
1 hour ago, InTheCloset said:

Who are you?

People i think we have an insider among us

I'm not an insider but I know a lot about how those things work since I've worked in movie business for years and managed to attend various premieres including ASIB 😊 

(and yes sometimes I have access to important details going around in the industry)

Edited by TimotheeChalamet
  • Shook 1

TimotheeChalamet
52 minutes ago, Creyk said:

If that was the case The Marvels and other movies coming from successful franchises would have been  successful. What you are thinking of is "word of mouth", which does affect the movie going tendencies of hormonal teenagers and "simpler audiences". If the movie receives negative word of mouth because of the huge amount of songs, that will affect these 2 demographics as well.

But keep in mind that Marvel movies' quality has been falling for years now and they are quite different from what Joker was. It still will be a success. Feel free to quote me back if it flops but it won't. 

Edited by TimotheeChalamet

InTheCloset
9 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

But keep in mind that Marvel movies' quality has been falling for years now and they are quite different from what Joker was. It still will be a success. Feel free to quote me back if it flops but it won't. 

@TimotheeChalamet babes dont jinx it.

The closet lives……….

InTheCloset
12 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

I'm not an insider but I know a lot about how those things work since I've worked in movie business for years and managed to attend various premieres including ASIB 😊 

(and yes sometimes I have access to important details going around in the industry)

So you know the industry. Get me a night with mr cavill and mr evans ples:traumatica:

The closet lives……….

TimotheeChalamet
6 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

So you know the industry. Get me a night with mr cavill and mr evans ples:traumatica:

Don't derail the thread 😂

Jokes aside I want to clarify that I don't know anything specific about the storyline etc but I've been involved in press and promo stuff for a while and can say that in this business some things are set in stone even before releases. And that's the case. 

• Like 1

StrawberryBlond

Remember that the only song from the original movie was My Way by Frank Sinatra, a classic jazz standard. It resulted in a commercial resurgence for it and became relevant to a new generation. So, Joker fans won't be totally against the utilisation of music in the movie. If it sticks to timeless songs that everyone knows and likes, as this news suggests, that puts it in a different category to the average musical, as jukebox musicals tend to be. There was also use of multiple new songs in 2016's Suicide Squad (the first live action depiction of the Joker/Harley relationship) and they did well commercially and there was also a resurgence of the 60's song, You Don't Own Me, with the modernised version by Grace and G-Eazy. It's no wonder that any movie associated with the Joker character wants to utilise music to some degree. Fans expect this now. I don't think  we have much to worry about. If there are very few new songs, that also suggests Gaga really threw herself into acting above all else, which is good news for how her performance may be received. 

• Like 2

i Love the Lady

I feared all along these studio images weren’t for LG7 but for the soundtrack. I hope I’m wrong

Nathaniel Arven

just realised one thing : Gaga is so much into her legacy era. the way she is settling in pop culture. the way she infused it... 

Edited by Nathaniel Arven

AnglerfishbraBENUS

just want to remind people that jazz songs are supposed to be interpreted. Yes technically they are covers, but they originate in a time when the songwriter was the famous one and singers sung the songs. No one calls Frank Sinatra’s Fly Me To The Moon’ a cover even though the first recording was by Kaye Ballard in 1954. It’s because he made it his own. With any of these songs (most of which you might not have heard before) it’s a chance for Gaga to make them hers. Think ‘I will always love you’ by Whitney Houston vs Dolly’s original maybe. 

that’s all :) 

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Alfonso

Isn't this based on a supposed insider's info? As far as we know they haven't done screenings yet nor given any direct information from the movie to anyone, right? I just think it's pretty funny how they just say it might have music and it might be 15 songs but it might not be that either. 

Wouldn't Grace, who also gets intel from her film sources, also have this information before them?