Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Maren Morris to donate $1 from every tour ticket to LGBTQ+ organizations

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

A longtime supporter of the LGBTQ+ community, Maren Morris will give $1 from every RSVP Redux Tour ticket to organizations benefitting young queer individuals in partnership with the Ally Coalition.
https://people.com/maren-morris-announces-2024-rsvp-redux-tour-dates-8612648
GJMzy_ZX0AAql45?format=jpg&name=small

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 8

Quasi
12 minutes ago, clementine said:

$1? :awkney:

10 minutes ago, Shakmasda said:

Wow, such a humanitarian!

We love you president!

The alternative is not donating anything, which wouldn’t have even been questioned. This is still probably several thousand dollars that would have otherwise stayed in her pocket. Don’t be so negative. :awkney:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 8

BlingNotTheMusic

Okayyyy, am I about to start streaming ha music???

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

raragaga

Arrested Development GIF

xoxo
  • Love 2

skaxboy
29 minutes ago, clementine said:

27 minutes ago, Shakmasda said:

Wow, such a humanitarian!

We love you president!

This is pretty big given she has a country music background. She has stood up for LGBT folks on numerous occasions. She honestly giving queen behavior. She could have also sat there and done nothing. She was also on Drag Race not too long ago. 

From her Wikipedia page:

In 2017, Morris started the Heroes Fund and raised $70,000 to East Nashville Magnet High School that went towards their music and drama departments.

In April 2021, Morris donated $300,000 to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Together We Rise and Ecologi.

In August 2021, Morris joined several country artists to raise money for the program Together: Feeding Nashville. The concert raised money to address food insecurity in the Nashville area. A total of $450,000 was raised from the show.

Morris has been an advocate for making the country genre more equitable for fellow artists. She has commented on the inequalities particularly for white and black artists in the genre. "I'm a white woman in country music. I already have this sort of leg-up. There's a huge disparity between men and women in our genre, there's even more of a disparity between white women and black women trying to be in country music," she told The Ellen DeGeneres Show in 2021.

In her 2020 CMA Awards acceptance speech, Morris named several black artists who helped make the award possible including Mickey Guyton, Linda Martell and Brittney Spencer.

In early 2021, Morris spoke out against country artist Morgan Wallen when a video of him using a racial slur surfaced. "You can't control a human being, but you absolutely can let them know where you stand," she told Variety.

In August 2022, Morris replied to an Instagram post made by Jason Aldean's wife, Brittany. Both Morris and other country music singers including Cassadee Pope perceived Aldean's comments as transphobic.

While interviewing Brittany Aldean, Fox News Channel host Tucker Carlson referred to Morris as a "lunatic country music person." In response to this comment, Morris sold T-shirts through her website featuring the phrase "lunatic country music person" and the telephone number of the Trans Lifeline. She also stated that proceeds from the shirts would be donated to GLAAD.

In September 2022, Morris partnered with GLAAD to design a new T-shirt in honor of Spirit Day. Morris told The Los Angeles Times in September 2023 that she planned to leave the genre of country music. She cited the country music industry's unwillingness to reckon with issues of misogyny and racism, as well as its reluctance to support artists from marginalized demographics, as her reasons for doing so. 

I guess she sorta is a humanitarian. 
receipts-sister-patterson.gif

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 2

Economy
43 minutes ago, clementine said:

When u look at the amount of money a typical artist makes from each tour as profit for their share + taxes this is not that insignificant

Dont forget besides the cost of concerts, any profit made is gonna get split between promoters and label

If the artist makes $50,000 per concert profit after tax as their share and then gives $1 per 5000 or 10,000 seats thats suddenly 10% to 20% of their profits.

Its not as shabby as you might think if u understand margins

Even A list celebs are not generally making millions after tax income per concert for themselves despite their total grossing (Taylor Swift may be exeption)... more mid tier semi-famous artists definitely make A LOT LESS

Edited by Economy
  • Like 5

PartySick
23 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

This is pretty big given she has a country music background. She has stood up for LGBT folks on numerous occasions. She honestly giving queen behavior. She could have also sat there and done nothing. She was also on Drag Race not too long ago. 

From her Wikipedia page:

In 2017, Morris started the Heroes Fund and raised $70,000 to East Nashville Magnet High School that went towards their music and drama departments.

In April 2021, Morris donated $300,000 to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Together We Rise and Ecologi.

In August 2021, Morris joined several country artists to raise money for the program Together: Feeding Nashville. The concert raised money to address food insecurity in the Nashville area. A total of $450,000 was raised from the show.

Morris has been an advocate for making the country genre more equitable for fellow artists. She has commented on the inequalities particularly for white and black artists in the genre. "I'm a white woman in country music. I already have this sort of leg-up. There's a huge disparity between men and women in our genre, there's even more of a disparity between white women and black women trying to be in country music," she told The Ellen DeGeneres Show in 2021.

In her 2020 CMA Awards acceptance speech, Morris named several black artists who helped make the award possible including Mickey Guyton, Linda Martell and Brittney Spencer.

In early 2021, Morris spoke out against country artist Morgan Wallen when a video of him using a racial slur surfaced. "You can't control a human being, but you absolutely can let them know where you stand," she told Variety.

In August 2022, Morris replied to an Instagram post made by Jason Aldean's wife, Brittany. Both Morris and other country music singers including Cassadee Pope perceived Aldean's comments as transphobic.

While interviewing Brittany Aldean, Fox News Channel host Tucker Carlson referred to Morris as a "lunatic country music person." In response to this comment, Morris sold T-shirts through her website featuring the phrase "lunatic country music person" and the telephone number of the Trans Lifeline. She also stated that proceeds from the shirts would be donated to GLAAD.

In September 2022, Morris partnered with GLAAD to design a new T-shirt in honor of Spirit Day. Morris told The Los Angeles Times in September 2023 that she planned to leave the genre of country music. She cited the country music industry's unwillingness to reckon with issues of misogyny and racism, as well as its reluctance to support artists from marginalized demographics, as her reasons for doing so. 

I guess she sorta is a humanitarian. 
receipts-sister-patterson.gif

1) holy sh*t that was a thorough takedown

2) what a queen :bradley: I've been craving country music in the last week or so but there's hardly anything good. Let me stream ha

💚
  • YAAAS 2

Teletubby
9 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I've been craving country music

what??
michael-jackson-king-of-pop.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 1

PartySick
Just now, Teletubby said:

what??
michael-jackson-king-of-pop.gif

I like all styles of music thank yew

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952oo83dqj5jy1rh1lg1g4uapoe46nhkjqy77haldcc&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

💚

Teletubby
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I like all styles of music thank yew

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952oo83dqj5jy1rh1lg1g4uapoe46nhkjqy77haldcc&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

do you like this or is Peppa Pig better??

Edited by Teletubby

Bronco

She waa the UK support for The Chicks tour last year, she's a brilliant country artist and one of the few liberals in the genre these days.

• Like 1

Shakmasda

Oh my, why is it negative to call someone a humanitarian! I know about that 1 dollar proportion/percentage stuff, that's why I said that.

Am I in the world upside down? Nevermind.