Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Olivia Rodrigo's management no longer allows to disperse free Plan B and condoms

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Olivia Rodrigo’s concerts will no longer feature local abortion rights groups handing out free emergency contraceptives and condoms on her Guts World Tour. However, National Network of Abortion Funds groups will still have an in-arena presence on stops on the tour through the singer’s Fund 4 Good initiative.

At Rodrigo’s St. Louis concert, the dispersion of Plan B and condoms became nationwide news due to Missouri’s near-total abortion ban and state legislators’ attempts to make access to the morning-after pill illegal.

However, the resulting publicity caused Rodrigo’s management to request that future abortion rights groups refrain from handing out emergency contraceptives at the upcoming shows, Variety reports, with Rodrigo’s team citing that “children are present at the concerts.”

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 10

Roughhouse Dandy

Just when I was hyping her up. Weak. Booooo tomato tomato 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 5

weed

FwMNqxDacAASQxG.jpg

but at least they will still have a presence

• Like 3

Westerosi
4 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

with Rodrigo’s team citing that “children are present at the concerts.”

Fair enough.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 2

Rat Boy

Based on some posts I read here on GGD it might be because some people don't actually know how to to use it properly/what it does (despite these same users trying to "educate" everyone). Make sure you know basic high school sex ed instead of  spreading misinformation! :bradley:

Edited by Rat Boy
"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

PartySick

Always "tHiNk oF tHe ChIlDrEn"

In 2018 at my JWT date Gaga had some local activists collecting signatures to get a motion on the ballot to allow former felons in Florida to vote which would have reinstated the voting rights of over a million Floridians, most of whom were black. Gaga even mentioned them during the piano segment of the show. They got enough support, it ended up on the ballot, and we voted to approve it.

All this despite the fact that kids can't vote.

Know what kids and teens can do though? Have sex. Get pregnant. Spread STIs.

Sucks that her team caved on this tbh.

We'll allow elementary schools to be shooting galleries but god forbid we face the reality that young people aren't ready to be parents.

💚
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 8

NATAH

who gives a f*ck about the children? her music is full of explicit lyrics anyway, children are not her target audience... teens and above clearly are (and for sure romantically involved teens if they're enjoying her content)

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?
  • Like 5

faysalaaa

I understand the intention, but giving kids condoms is weird. I always found it weird when schools in America gave kids and teens condoms in the bathroom!

Yes this is another one of my bad takes

• Like 2

Chromatography
8 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

Fair enough.

they can listen to her call herself an all american bitch but basic reproductive rights is too far?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

NATAH
Just now, faysalaaa1 said:

I understand the intention, but giving kids condoms is weird. I always found it weird when schools in America gave kids and teens condoms in the bathroom!

it's not weird, it's smart

teens will never stop having sex so the best route is to educate and protect them

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

ARTPOPKISS
Just now, faysalaaa1 said:

The kids are gonna have sex wether we like it or not and while I'm not advocating for teens having sex I also think that if they do do it they should do it safely better safe than pregnant or with an sti

F@ggotry at its finest
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

LaLa

Weak of her to give in to this hysteria, I’m sorry :triggered:

• Like 4

Westerosi
3 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

they can listen to her call herself an all american bitch but basic reproductive rights is too far?

It's up to parents to decide what they allow their children to listen to when it comes to swear words.

Educating prepubescents about reproductive rights seems rather unnecessary, though. 

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Chromatography
Just now, Westerosi said:

It's up to parents to decide what they allow their children to listen to when it comes to swear words.

Educating prepubescents about reproductive rights seems rather unnecessary, though. 

but why? isn’t it better to be educated about sex before having it? olivia’s music also alludes to having sex. if you’re bringing your 9 year old it’s not olivia’s job to protect their eyes and ears from something again that is a basic human right.

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

faysalaaa
3 minutes ago, NATAH said:

it's not weird, it's smart

teens will never stop having sex so the best route is to educate and protect them

I wouldnt allow my kids in a school where my kids are handed condoms

And its not true teens will never stop having sex, its the culture of normalizing this that create it.

• Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 4

• SharkmanthaC locked, unlocked and locked this topic