💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Charli XCX addresses criticism of the ‘Brat’ album cover

Teletubby

Featured Posts

doraemon

if beyonce can write just her name on her fifth album, anyone can do it. just let her do it.

• Thanks 3

Grigio Guy

As someone that does graphic desing (it's my passion lol), I think this cover is GENIUS. The girls that get it, get it.

Religion is a product to sell.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Pennywise
9 hours ago, PartySick said:

I have things to help with so I needed to be official again :bradley:

Feels good to have power again though!

I mean...responsibility and a duty to this site and the gals, gays, and strays that call it home, yeah

Reveal hidden contents

Snow White Witch GIF by Disney+

Should I do a hate crime to celebrate this? :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • LMAO 1

PartySick
1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

Should I do a hate crime to celebrate this? :poot:

Go talk sh*t about Reagan again!

Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • LMAO 2

Elohim

Good sis is walking around half naked to basically every event, and complaining about people demanding to see women body on album covers.

I don’t mind the cover album (I actually find it cool) or whatever she’s wearing, but just stop bullsh*tting around with all these nonsense :trollga:

• Like 2

Future Lovers

I acknowledge her talent but Charli has always given me the impression that she's unfortunately one of those people who thinks they're far more subversive and innovative than they truly are. And what's that done is lead her down this strange path of lecturing people on social media as if they're all too stupid to understand the concepts she employs, when they're in reality not that complex. 

• Like 6

TheSine

You know, I'm not even mad at it. I think it's just the arial font that makes it look blegh.

🖤TheSine🖤

Gorehound

Ok her album cover is so punk

It's not about it "looking good", it's about rebelling against the norm. Once again this demonstrates that most people just don't understand art.

People all said the same thing about Tracey Emin's 'Bed'.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

Versace

There are so many simple covers that people come to love. She could have easily used a better font/backdrop and the backlash could have been less. This cover screams lazy, done in less than a minute vibes. And I’m saying this as someone who likes her music. 

• Like 2

Gorehound
16 hours ago, PartySick said:

Not sure anyone cares if she's on it or not, just that her cover isn't giving minimalist and trendy, it's just...ugly, boring, plain, and lazy :laughga:

Bright green with arial font (usually the first font on anyone's list of free fonts) and not even capitalized :icant:

Who told her that was ok :icant:

You guys are missing the point. It's the 'brattiest' move she could've made. It's punk.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta

Ultimecia
12 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Ok lowkey I need bjork to stop listening to whoever told her about eras bc I think she leaned a little too hard into it for fossora and it felt a bit unnatural and forced compared to previous albums. Arca, WAS THIS YOU??

I disagree with your point, but I can see where you're coming from!

To me, the fact that she was still touring for Utopia until December 2023, and that she barely added any Fossora tracks to the setlist demonstrates she's not **that** into / stuck in an "era" mindset.

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...

elijahfan
13 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Ok lowkey I need bjork to stop listening to whoever told her about eras bc I think she leaned a little too hard into it for fossora and it felt a bit unnatural and forced compared to previous albums. Arca, WAS THIS YOU??

Gurl…. Björk invented eras.

• YAAAS 1

Leoooo

I respect it but Its like she's made the cover for mysoginists, rather than fans, which is slightly off-base imo considering they wont be the ones enjoying the music (or artwork) anyway, but  lets just see if the music / visuals pull it all together

Edited by Medusa

Ziggy
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Gurl…. Björk invented eras.

Sure but she is definitely more explicitly leaning into them over the past few years. Like bjork never really acknowledged it in such a…conscious way prior to the last couple of years and I wonder what spurred that on. Her eras were always more…organic. Like fossora felt for the first time like she consciously considered the image she was inhabiting whereas every other album felt like it quite naturally came about during the process. She even said herself in most cases she didn’t really see what these images were until well after the fact, that is until fossora where she came *into it with the image and the music together

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Ultimecia said:

I disagree with your point, but I can see where you're coming from!

To me, the fact that she was still touring for Utopia until December 2023, and that she barely added any Fossora tracks to the setlist demonstrates she's not **that** into / stuck in an "era" mindset.

I cut her some slack bc covid and also for an indie act, legendary as she is, I imagine cornucopia was HUGE expensive for her. All that said, my point was more that I think in past eras it’s been clear from her own admission that the “image” became clear much later on to her and this was the first era she seemed to have the image and music developing hand in hand to a point where this era is when she made a whole a podcast series on the images of her career. Like this era seemed to be very very *consciously visual whereas I felt her past eras were less cohesive visually. Even Homogenic, the homogenized album, you have videos as disparate as alarm call, Jóga, and bachelorette and which are *nothing like the cover art. If there is that visual character throughout, it’s certainly not as consciously thought of which puts less constraints on her creativity imo and also lets the character and era blossom kind of organically through themes and tropes and such rather than thought out visual parameters. But fossora the visuals are pretty singular and focused—dark red, teal, mushrooms, etc. like even the videos that deviate like ancestress and ovule still carry that red throughout. It feels a little mood board-y.

theyre not bad visuals, per se, but I point this out to say I think she was just more consciously aware of this “tarot” thing she’s described this time and i felt like it showed—sometimes good (ancestress), sometimes so so (fossora and the album cover).

Edited by Ziggy
  • Love 1