Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Charli XCX addresses criticism of the ‘Brat’ album cover

Teletubby

Featured Posts

HotLikeMexico

No shade, but it just sounds like she wants to be a victim with this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

TEETHTEETH

I find it hilarious. It’s intentionally bad. Very fitting for something titled “brat”. And getting a reaction apparently so it’s working whether fans like it or not. When the music serves I’ll actually like it more. 

• Like 1

Obobo

tbh I like her music but I think she’s a sort of narcissist.

I never took her as an artist with a deeper message to show the world… “brat” on some green background does nothing for me. She attempts these grand pop rollouts and voices all these opinions but then her own artistry doesn’t match her statements.

She acts like we even know what brat means? I even saw some promo trucks with “charli sex tape” with that same green background and like I just don’t get it? 

• Thanks 1

weed

I feel like she must be joking 

• Like 1

Emigrante

Maybe graphic design is her passion.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
  • LMAO 1

nightadieu

With her previously sharing marketing ideas for the album that “her label sent her” I’m assuming the whole conversation about the cover is just that, a marketing gimmick

• LMAO 1

killme89

Why are yall so upset lmao , nothing she said was wrong nor does it deserve the comments I’m reading LoL anywho album cover is refreshing and fits the club techno vibe perfectly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nathaniel Arven

i think it's clever. put in among many other covers and all you'll see is this one

Sneaky Oliver

I get what she’s saying, I think it’s kinda hypocritical to say no one asked for her image on the cover, if she had a photograph of her over a green background with the same font and title, people would like it better 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

olive specter
7 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I think it’s kinda hypocritical to say no one asked for her image on the cover, if she had a photograph of her over a green background with the same font and title, people would like it better 

87654.png

people would like it better not because they desperately want to see her body, but because it would add something unique, that you cannot recreate by yourself in 2 minutes, lol

even a random doodle would add a lot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dayman

It’s an objectively wrong point to say face or body on an album cover is because of misogyny. Male pop stars use their image for their albums just as frequently. Plus there are female pop stars that have albums that don’t use their image for their covers too. Lorde, Beyoncé, Grimes, SZA to name a few. In pop music a big part of the the genre is the artist image and the album cover is the ideal place for it to be front and center. Whether the album is physical or streamed the artwork will appear after all.

• Like 1

Ziggy
3 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I mean I somewhat agree, I like that each cover is like a reflection of her evolution. A bit like Björk who sees each of her album covers as some kind of a tarot card representing the character she's embodying in the record. But I also think it would be ballsy and unexpected not to feature herself at some point. Would be a very anti-pop move.

Ok lowkey I need bjork to stop listening to whoever told her about eras bc I think she leaned a little too hard into it for fossora and it felt a bit unnatural and forced compared to previous albums. Arca, WAS THIS YOU??

• Shook 1

Ziggy
1 hour ago, nightadieu said:

With her previously sharing marketing ideas for the album that “her label sent her” I’m assuming the whole conversation about the cover is just that, a marketing gimmick

Nah people were really pressed on Twitter about it unless her label got so many plausible gay bots on retainer :laughga:

Agunimon

An interesting take. I guess the music will speak for itself but considering that only a niche part of the pop listening culture listens to her. Is an album cover like this one to grab the attention beyond the people who will pick it up anyway? I am exaggerating of course but I truly know of no people who know anything about her beyond those who frequent gay bars and like hyperpop. 

Chromatography

i mean girl it doesn’t have to have you or your face/body on it. also a little ironic considering the crash cover. i love you charli but please don’t act like this low res text is some sort of statement