Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Charli XCX addresses criticism of the ‘Brat’ album cover

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Stef
39 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Not sure anyone cares if she's on it or not, just that her cover isn't giving minimalist and trendy, it's just...ugly, boring, plain, and lazy :laughga:

Bright green with arial font (usually the first font on anyone's list of free fonts) and not even capitalized :icant:

Who told her that was ok :icant:

Omg ur back in ur gold era im MOVINGGG welcome back u abso legend x 

Signature loading… 👹🖤
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Bronco

Honestly I do agree with her point. 

I just think it's irrelevant to the "artwork" she used for her album cover. There's a wealth of Rock/Metal acts who's album artwork has literally always been drawn art as opposed to a photoshoot. Galantis went through a phase where every single had some weird fantastic animal face on it. 

If she wanted the album cover to reflect her point she could have done something creative like having the traditional album cover photoshoot, but then having herself deliberately cut out leaving the outline to make the point. As it stands, it looks like she's just using feminism to make herself 'invulnerable' to critique on a lazy album cover. 

• Like 2

Controversiaga

It’s an ugly cover 

you can have a graphic design cover without you on it

look at the veronicas 

The_Secret_Life_of..._(The_Veronicas_albHookMeUpAlbumCover.PNGThe_Veronicas_-_Godzilla.png

even this one:

The_Veronicas_Cover__04030.1707248463.jp

and mind you, the Veronicas are not ugly and their faces would not deter someone from listening to their album, someone’s graphic art can be enough!

The+Veronicas+-+Hero+image+2021.jpg?form

Edited by Controversiaga
Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Roughhouse Dandy

She's making throwback rave-y dance music. The cover looks like early 2000's flyers for parties that would be bumping her songs. Not every album cover has to feature the artist on it. This whole thing is so annoying; y'all (the tiny internet people in my phone) were hyping up the y2k aesthetic so lay in the bed you made. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 4

ARTPOPKISS

Personally I don't mind the cover I think it's got like pop minimalism computer vube to it rlly putting the PC in PC MUSIC 

F@ggotry at its finest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

alsemanche
4 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

It’s an ugly cover 

you can have a graphic design cover without you on it

look at the veronicas 

The_Secret_Life_of..._(The_Veronicas_albHookMeUpAlbumCover.PNGThe_Veronicas_-_Godzilla.png

Mind you, even her pop 2 vinyl cover was CUNT

51LCaMAj1yL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 3

alsemanche
5 minutes ago, Stef said:

IMG-8865.jpg

HELPPZNSKSMMS

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Controversiaga
Just now, alsemanche said:

Mind you, even her pop 2 vinyl cover was ****

51LCaMAj1yL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg 

This!! Yes!!! Like cum on

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Debithius

Nobody cares if you are on the cover or not, the cover is just ugly

• Thanks 1

HIM820
4 hours ago, NATAH said:

it's just sh*tty design, flat out

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

"Mysoginistic"... people are using all the big words every 5 seconds nowadays. Your album cover is just not good lol

4 hours ago, Pretty Savage said:

It’s not that deep lmao. You’re putting out something for your fans of course they’re going to criticize it. It’s not about your face or your body being on the cover it’s the laziness and the lack of creativity.

4 hours ago, bionic said:

girl nobody said they want your body or face on it

To be fair, the tweet she’s addressing and the comments underneath it are kinda saying stuff specifically about their bodies and images. Maybe not Charli’s, but definitely the other women. I don’t think they are intentionally being weird about it either, because they are really just commenting on how they are being displayed, not how they actually look. But that fixation IS becoming weird though. I’ve been noticing it more probably since GUTS was announced. Maybe I paid no attention to it before but I could swear it used to be like “wow I hate this cover” and we move on and just listen to the music. Now there are constant tweets, threads, and put downs about them everywhere, even going as far as trying to bully the artist into changing it in every comment. Then they show edits/AI of what they want and it’s usually a mix of pretty, glamorous, hyper feminine and sexy. So… I don’t think not liking a female artists’ cover is misogynistic, but the dialogue surrounding it is becoming very hard to deny lately. 

Edited by HIM820
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
39 minutes ago, Stef said:

Omg ur back in ur gold era im MOVINGGG welcome back u abso legend x 

I have things to help with so I needed to be official again :bradley:

Feels good to have power again though!

I mean...responsibility and a duty to this site and the gals, gays, and strays that call it home, yeah

Spoiler

Snow White Witch GIF by Disney+

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Love 1

Oriane

I love that the other covers from the tweet DO show women's faces and bodies, totally disproving her point :toofunny:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Thanks 2

holy scheisse

The 3 covers in that tweet aside from charli’s are perfectly fine album covers imo lol 

hers looks stupid and I say that as a big Charli fan it doesn’t need to be her face or body… but whatever she’s the artist and we’re the public so, lol 

Reality

girl...

violet chachki gay GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

It's genuinely just an ugly album cover. It has nothing to do with the fact that you're not in the cover art.

Also, before coming to this thread, I've scrolled past that image on Twitter so many times. I didn't even realize it was her cover art, I thought it was a meme :icant:

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 2