💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lily Allen says children ruined her music career

Teletubby

Featured Posts

PartySick
5 minutes ago, SharkmanthaC said:

I'm going to neglect mine and just send them to you.

I'll raise them to be feral

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • LMAO 1

SharkmanthaC
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

I'll raise them to be feral

As long as they listen to Gaga.

she/her/hers

Catnikko
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

Gold mods have most admin privileges/abilities, including adding moderators. It used to be that any mod could do that but since the last update, bronze and silver mods are more restricted it seems.

I had Sam add me back this morning so I can help out.

is it because of the master account expose i read in the thread about admin :fatcat: you were forced to come out of hiding :enigma:

Edited by Catnikko
Actual patient

PartySick
4 minutes ago, SharkmanthaC said:

As long as they listen to Gaga.

Recreating this with your kids except the double feral one will be singing Bad Romance or something

5 minutes ago, Catnikko said:

is it because of the master account expose i read in the thread about admin :fatcat: you were forced to come out of hiding :enigma:

No :air:

Legit just figured it was time to come back, I've been on break for almost half a year :ladyhaha:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Agunimon
6 hours ago, Gohan said:

She chose to ruin her career though.

gohan please you're supposed to be a scholar. :traumatica:

Luke78619

Hopefully this news will lead on to her eventually releasing the new album she’s been mentioning here and there :firega:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

SharkmanthaC
3 hours ago, Teletubby said:

@SharkmanthaC said:

Mine haven’t even got here yet but if I can work a 10 hour day and then come and keep everyone in line here while feeling like I’m going to barf at any given moment, she can have a career too. I mean I’ve never even heard of her honestly but I guess I could see how being a pop star would be difficult for a mother. Too bad I missed my pop star calling. :glamourpuss:

she/her/hers
  • Love 1

PrinceGaga

It's a weird way of putting it. Kinda puts blame on the kids almost - like it's their fault or she resents them because of it. I'm sure she means that she had to decide between her kids or pop stardom and she chose kids, but saying her kids ruined something is a bit much. She could have just chosen a different life for herself but she didn't. Don't really like this. 

Reject False Icons

I forgot about Lily, oh the British pop girlie we could have had, there hasn't been any, have they?

I literally thought that xtina's, Gwen's and Fergie's fans would say the same about their children :ladyhaha:

well, you never know the craziest pop girlies retire when they have kids and the conservative ones still keep their career alive for years, What Gaga will do with hers is a question I'm anxious to know

Edited by Reject False Icons

Economy
10 hours ago, Bronco said:

I mean I definitely disagree. 

Madonna didn't tour between the end of the Girlie Show tour until the Drowned World tour about 7 years later in part to focus on newishly born Lourdes and lets face it, Ray of Light having a dedicated tour in 98/99 had the potential to set records given how big the album was. Didn't ruin her career. 

P!nk took 2 1/2 years off between her biggest era & tour in order to have a kid. And then followed it up with an even longer break for a 2nd kid. And in that time she went from Arenas to Stadiums. 

What hurt Lily Allen's career was her having mental health issues (inc postnatal depression), she was basically the UK media's punching bag after Britney and by all accounts had a **** childhood. 

Identifying a few Elite A-List that didnt have a significant decline after absense from kids doesnt prove it cant hold you back

Its a well documented and researched fact that the income gap between men and women is most prominent in women who become mothers due to damaginf effects to career while women who do not are much closer to equality (tho still not 100%)

I dont see why the same cant apply in the celebrity world. Entertainment is a highly competitive fast paced industry where its a constant battle to stsnd out and succeed. Having to take extra time off ahd having other responsibilities does not help you in that department

No one is saying its impossible to be a mother and a super star at the same time and that it necessairily HAS to ruin your career. Shes just saying in her case it did and that she chose her kids over her career.

The fact some female celebs exist were much less held back by the hurtle doesnt mean it isnt a big hurtle nevertheless

Helxig

I have always admired her honesty. It's all true, you really can't be a popstar writing, recording in studios, doing press tours, touring the world, other promo etc AND be an attentive, loving parent. It takes a huge amount of someone's time and energy to really be there for their kids.

But good on her for doing it anyway and really committing to being a good mother and breaking the cycle or neglectful parents. She could easily have chosen her career instead, and had them raised by nannies and never been there for them. It must an incredibly difficult decision to be faced with.. knowing that you have to actively kill your career in order to give 100% to your children

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Love 1

ChicaSkas
6 hours ago, SharkmanthaC said:

I'm going to neglect mine and just send them to you.

AFTER ALL THAT TROUBLE 

youll send one to me and one to him :beat:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • LMAO 1

Bronco
2 hours ago, Economy said:

Identifying a few Elite A-List that didnt have a significant decline after absense from kids doesnt prove it cant hold you back

Its a well documented and researched fact that the income gap between men and women is most prominent in women who become mothers due to damaginf effects to career while women who do not are much closer to equality (tho still not 100%)

I dont see why the same cant apply in the celebrity world. Entertainment is a highly competitive fast paced industry where its a constant battle to stsnd out and succeed. Having to take extra time off ahd having other responsibilities does not help you in that department

No one is saying its impossible to be a mother and a super star at the same time and that it necessairily HAS to ruin your career. Shes just saying in her case it did and that she chose her kids over her career.

The fact some female celebs exist were much less held back by the hurtle doesnt mean it isnt a big hurtle nevertheless

I mean if you actually look at her career and how it played out its beyond obvious that the reason her career never took off is her substance abuse issues. 

And yes, people are saying its impossible - there's literally a direct quote from Lily saying you can't have both. 

OnFireTheseDays
14 hours ago, pachinko said:

Imagine having children nowadays

I’ve got a 7 month old son and he’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me 

• Love 1

Jase

God I miss her. 

Now gonna go and listen to pop masterpiece The Fear.