Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lily Allen says children ruined her music career

Teletubby

Featured Posts

NATAH
5 minutes ago, Karl said:

Beyonce says hi :anveeroy:

beyonce is a total power house though, there's a reason there's only one beyonce :giveup:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2

StrawberryBlond

Lily's always said conflicting things about how she views her career and children. When she first got pregnant by her husband, she claimed that she was giving up music because she wanted to focus on being a mother. So before her child even got born, she made the choice to leave, it was a planned thing to step back, not a consequence of motherhood that she didn't forsee at the time. After suffering a stillbirth, it was clear she still really wanted children as she went on to have two. She released her long-awaited third album just a year after the birth of her second child. The album went #1 in the UK, she went to #1 with the John Lewis Christmas song and had a further two top tens from her album and toured with it. So, I don't see how her children ruined her career. She said at the time that she was glad to get back into music again as she was so bored being stuck at  home with her kids but then later said she didn't even like the album but had to tour with it anyway. She also opened for Miley on the Bangerz tour at the same time. Then her next album, in 2018, didn't have any hits as she didn't promote it, but at least she was still making music and again, she toured with it. So, she put out 2 albums and toured with each one since having kids. Hardly throwing her career away. I think she's just annoyed that her music isn't as beloved anymore or her fanbase isn't as dedicated and is blaming it on her kids. There have been singers that have all but given up on music since becoming mothers, she's done more than some have. She wants to be there for her kids as having an absentee parent left her with emotional scars but then publicly says that they ruined her career, a statement which will be on the internet forever and they'll definitely find out about which may leave emotional scars.

I think Lily has always struggled with what she wants. She thought she wanted kids but then found that life was more difficult than she realised, she wanted huge success but found it suffocating when she got it. She was also diagnosed with ADHD last year which she'd likely been suffering from for years and would explain various issues she had with wanting to get distractions from her kids and turning to drugs and sex workers. She's claimed over the years that a lot of her behaviour came from feeling insecure and now I think her putting her flagging career on her kids is just part of that.

• Like 3
  • Shook 1

blackpink

i get what she’s saying. if you want to be a hands on parent and give your child what they need to grow up in a stable household you probably won’t be able to dedicate the same level of devotion to nurturing a music career, especially as a woman in the industry 

• Like 4

GAMS
21 minutes ago, Karl said:

Beyonce says hi :anveeroy:

Bey isn't the standard of motherhood or stardom. Did you even read the article?

GAMS, gay popstar
  • Like 1

Okinawa

It's a theory and not proven that Lily Allen without kids would have had a longer successful career, it could be the reason or not, and Lily acts as if she remained a super pop star without them. Lily allen imo is (or should i say WAS?) a great singer, but she cannot blame FULLY her kids ... some of her more recent music just was bad and generic, replaceable and basic and none of her kids forced her to do basic music, it was her and the producer's choices. :franminervini::ororomunroe::wtf: AH: AND I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND THAT THERE ARE OVER A MILLIARD WOMEN ON THE GLOBE WHO WORK SIX HOURS A DAY OR MORE AND STILL HAVE KIDS AND THEY MANAGE DO IT IT; AND THEY MANAGE TO DO SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS DESPITE HAVING KIDS. Lilly allen just is...lazy...? has become accustomed to being rich and doesn't know what full work anymore means. Though, she may be hard-working and not lazy at all and still have no success because hard work does not equal outcomes that are desired; and life isn't fair, show business isn't fair. Many artist try hard and never succeed. She still has enough time to do albums, especially considering albums are usually released only ever 2-5 years anway, and a concert tour is usually followed by a break of a year or more.

There are many artistis without kids whose stardom declined steadily after a peak, while others remain successful while getting kids. Remember how Britney got extra attention with her kids and how she had a #1 Comeback with two kids during Circus era (womanizer). And then another #1 song with "3".

It's too easy to blame kids for that... that's like Trump saying China is the reason for USA's bad economic performance. It's too easy, too one-dimensional, too reduced.

Edited by Okinawa
~We are Reel Cool~

PartySick

Kind of a crappy thing to say but oddly loving?

She didn't want to split her attention between her career and her children, opting to give her kids the stability and care they deserved and letting her career wither.

Sounds like a good mom tbh. Glad she's breaking the cycle of neglect.

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Love 1

phantasmas

not to be rude but i dont see a need for her music in this day and age 

maybe if we all of a sudden got obsessed with britpop and whiteboi hiphop again then yeah i guess :flippy:

Okinawa

@PartySick woha, I just realized you're a Mod again, a Golden Mod, how is it possible that you became a Mod without Admin currently being here? Are there positions below Admin that can appoint Mods?

~We are Reel Cool~

PartySick
7 minutes ago, Okinawa said:

@PartySick woha, I just realized you're a Mod again, a Golden Mod, how is it possible that you became a Mod without Admin currently being here? Are there positions below Admin that can appoint Mods?

Gold mods have most admin privileges/abilities, including adding moderators. It used to be that any mod could do that but since the last update, bronze and silver mods are more restricted it seems.

I had Sam add me back this morning so I can help out.

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD

Did she lie though?

A lot of examples before her already, too. When they comeback, they are never really capture the fame of their peak. Look at Fergie, Xtina, Gwen, among others. 

Sure, people like to put Madonna or Yoncé as example how this is not true, but how often does stars get to the level like them? They are clearly exceptions to this since there way more female pop stars who lose their career than keeping it. Combined with the showbiz that ever so misogynistic making it even worse combo. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Teletubby
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

I had Sam add me back this morning so I can help out.

@SharkmanthaC said:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 2

SharkmanthaC
4 hours ago, PartySick said:

Kind of a crappy thing to say but oddly loving?

She didn't want to split her attention between her career and her children, opting to give her kids the stability and care they deserved and letting her career wither.

Sounds like a good mom tbh. Glad she's breaking the cycle of neglect.

I'm going to neglect mine and just send them to you.

she/her/hers
  • LMAO 2