Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift Singapore exclusive deal criticised by other Asian countries

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Singapore brokered a deal with Taylor Swift, so she wouldn't take the Eras Tour to other Southeast Asian countries. 

Taylor Swift kicked off her six-night, sold-out The Eras Tour stopover in Singapore on Saturday. It's the only place in Southeast Asia where she will perform due to an exclusivity deal.

Leaders in the Philippines and Thailand say they are irritated by the Singaporean government's decision.

The Prime Minister of Thailand, one of the countries slighted by Swift's one-stop island hop, told the iBusiness Forum 2024, which took place recently in Bangkok, that the Singaporean government offered Swift up to $3million per show in exchange for Eras Tour exclusivity

Filipino politician Joey Salceda is also speaking out about the perceived economic slight. He has called upon his country's department of foreign affairs to protest the grant awarded to Swift.

He told local outlets that the neighboring governments are meant to be allies, working in tandem to strengthen the region and that the deal Singapore brokered is a hurtful betrayal.

source source

Cockroach of GGD
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 11
  • Sad 2

Lucas

That's super mean for her fans from these countries...

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6

BUtterfield 8

The only thing I can say is Philippines doesn’t have a large enough venue for tours like Taylor’s.

Their biggest venue can’t fit Taylor’s stage inside Philippine arena aka the venue most artists use

also public transportation is scarce in that area so it would be a nightmare to go home 

Edited by BUtterfield 8
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

alsemanche

:awkney:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Guillaume Hamon

Did she really accept such a shady deal? I mean shady towards her Asians fans in surrounding countries.

It's not like if the tour wasn't making enough benefits to go everywhere and she needed deals to make it viable, she's largely grossing a billion...

Edited by Guillaume Hamon
  • Like 5

AnglerfishbraBENUS

imagine having that power lol

• Like 6

Anderson123

Fans mad Taylor is doing a limited edition thing. What’s new. :icant:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD

Not her fault. It's SG tourism board that initiated it. She must have considered a lot of stuffs to agree to it.

And as someone who lived in that SEA area for many years, let's just say that Singapore is the best place to holds these shows. The country is placed strategically.  The transport are plenty and a breeze there. It is safe. And the political climate is neutral. Language barrier is minimal since English is widely spoken there. Not to mention a lot of SEA people already visiting Singapore for leisure , some even doing every weekend since there are a lot of cheap flights from around SEA countries to SG.

Y'all should already knew places like Indonesia, Brunei, and Malaysia will be a tough sell.

Beyonce cancelled her show years ago in Malaysia cos she doesn't like to be mandated to compromise her show and costumes to respect the Muslims values.
And Gaga had to cancel her BTW in Indonesia after violence threats given if she still proceed with the show. And she also faced a lot of protest in Philipinnes.

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

ActualPatient

Oof $3M sounds like a really good deal. SG probably made way more than that. Vicious but damn is it smart.

Meanwhile, TS saved a lot in operating costs at the same time.

I don't like it but it's cunning. Peak bling not the music.

Edited by chuck
  • Like 2

dit

They are right to be upset tbh. Singapore has been doing this for YEARS which is taking a massive blow to the tourism industries of the neighboring countries like Thailand, Philippines', Malaysia and Indonesia. 

• Like 2

peto flex
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

That's super mean for her fans from these countries...

She cares only for the money...

💎💎
  • Like 8

julz
2 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

The only thing I can say is Philippines doesn’t have a large enough venue for tours like Taylor’s.

Their biggest venue can’t fit Taylor’s stage inside Philippine arena aka the venue most artists use

also public transportation is scarce in that area so it would be a nightmare to go home 

I think that it can be done in New Clark City Stadium or Phil. Sports Stadium (several days)...and i think many entities would offer transportation. It also bothered me that she skipped PH because we have super many Swifties here. The fame of drag artist Taylor Sheesh also proves that... But whatever... I want Gaga to be back here

• Like 2

Bradley
24 minutes ago, dit said:

They are right to be upset tbh. Singapore has been doing this for YEARS which is taking a massive blow to the tourism industries of the neighboring countries like Thailand, Philippines', Malaysia and Indonesia. 

But what does Singapore owe to the other countries?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HeavyMetal Halcyon
11 minutes ago, peto flex said:

She cares only for the money...

I honestly can’t imaging being a billionaire, and then intentionally accepting a deal for more money. Does she really need the additional $3 million from each show? No. She could have easily helped boost all of these countries economies, but chose her own pocket to fill. 

Chromatica Forever
  • Like 5

dit
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

But what does Singapore owe to the other countries?

fair but if it wants to be a fully integrated neighbor and cooperate with the other ASEAN nations it needs to stop doing things like this. ASEAN is probably the second or third biggest economic block after European Union and the Common Wealth economic block. Singapore's economy relies HEAVELY on it's much more populated neighbors. It may be the big dog economically in the region but it relies a lot on it's big neighbors as consumers. Regional economy is all a balancing act of give and take. When you hog up things, you are creating issues and it can tip the scales against you. Singapore needs to treed lightly . 

• Like 4