๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kanye West may reach #1 on the Hot 100 next week

Teletubby

Featured Posts

JessFletch

Why do good things happen to -aggressively flawed- people?

โšซ๏ธ

Spartacus

It's what this modern day classic deserves. Congratulations. :coffee:

-๐“๐‡๐„ ๐…๐€๐Œ๐„ ๐„๐๐ˆ๐†๐Œ๐€โ„ข
  • Sad 1

RenegAde

Billboard is becoming a joke, every week I'm suprised how each song gets to no1 without making any noise. Like who has even heard this song. Or am I just out of loop

• Like 2

Teletubby
8 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Billboard is becoming a joke, every week I'm suprised how each song gets to no1 without making any noise. Like who has even heard this song. Or am I just out of loop

it's #1 on US Apple Music and US Spotifyย with almost two times more streams than the song at #2
3m.jpg

Cockroach of GGD
  • Shook 1

Ladle Ghoulash
51 minutes ago, JessFletch said:

Why do good things happen to -aggressively flawed- people?

Aggressively flawed is so diplomatic lmaoย 

• Thanks 1

JessFletch
1 minute ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Aggressively flawed is so diplomatic lmaoย 

I really don't want to be banned, but I'm a talker lol

hd-aspect-1468345776-giphy-21.gif

โšซ๏ธ
  • LMAO 2

RichAssPiss

Charts based on streaming reward "engagement" (positive and negatve) whereas charts based on sales reward sincere commitment to purchase the music for replay value. The industry has ruined itself by only seeking "engagement." It's why so many TikTok and streaming artists have little to no long term audience.ย  No one feels passionately. They're just riding a trend until it declines.ย 

Edited by RichAssPiss

sexy
6 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

Charts based on streaming reward "engagement" (positive and negatve) whereas charts based on sales reward sincere commitment to purchase the music for replay value. The industry has ruined itself by only seeking "engagement." It's why so many TikTok and streaming artists have little to no long term audience.ย  No one feels passionately. They're just riding a trend until it declines.ย 

But what is a chart supposed to measure? The intensity of a fandom's commitment, or what people are actually listening to? If a song is popular and millions are listening to it, it really shouldn't matter where it came from or how big that artist's permanent audience is. What's really an issue, IMO, is the way artists like Tay Tay warp their chart success by pushing a million different versions of the same album.ย 

But that isn't even the case here. Regardless how you feel about Kanye West (and there's plenty to say there), he's not at all a TikTok artist and has a massive fanbase that has stuck with him throughout all his hate speech, as well as a general public that maybe doesn't even keep up with his toxic behavior but just likes this song.ย 

By the metric you're proposing, Bloody Mary's resurgence wouldn't be reflected at all in the charts (i.e. instead of peaking at #41, it probably wouldn't have appeared at all if it were purely based on sales). The way people engage with music has changed considerably over the last decade, and streaming is both more reflective of people's actual listening habits as well as more democratic โ€“ counting only sales would wildly distorts what's *actually* popular.ย 

It's sorta like how in the early days of the Hot 100, the jukebox was a major gatekeeper of music. Does counting "plays" on radio or the jukeboxย reallyย give an idea of what songs are hits if your options are severely limited? The industry's always been changing and probably will continue to.ย 

Edited by sexy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JGD

Time to start mass streaming Beyโ€™s song.

Or if Taylor surprise drops the lead from TTPD and blocks Kanyeย :oops:

ALGAYDO

The fact that an out-and-proud Nazi can snatch a no.1 song so easily is wildย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

RudraCNG

Didn't even know he released something. Every time I read about him is for some disgusting behaviour.

Morphine Prince

His album has been #1 for 2 weeks in a row too.ย 

Karl

The lyrics in this song are so awful, who is streaming it without cringing.

BornAsUnic0rn

add places 2-5 of Spotify or Apple Music to a playlist and stream the F out of them.ย