Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Rihanna

Brian

Featured Posts

I remember that Loud came out the same day the Beatles catalog was released on iTunes. Loud was still #1 there (and #1 in various non-US charts)

Loud lost the Billboard #1 to Taylor Swift's Speak Now (at #10 on iTunes) and then Susan Boyle's The Gift (wasn't yet out).

the Billboard 200 #1's around the time her other stuff came out

Rated R - Michael Jackson's This Is It, Carrie Underwood's Play On and Bon Jovi's The Circle.

GGGB - Michael Buble's Call Me Irresponsible, Linkin Park's Minutes To Midnight.

A Girl Like Me - Me And My Gang by Rascal Flatts (incidentally, their Nothing Like This was released the same day as Loud)

Music Of The Sun - Faith Hill's Fireflies, Staind's Chapter V and Hilary Duff's Most Wanted

This Is It seems like by far the biggest competition from amongst that list.

Anderson123

the Billboard 200 #1's around the time her other stuff came out

Rated R - Michael Jackson's This Is It, Carrie Underwood's Play On and Bon Jovi's The Circle.

GGGB - Michael Buble's Call Me Irresponsible, Linkin Park's Minutes To Midnight.

A Girl Like Me - Me And My Gang by Rascal Flatts (incidentally, their Nothing Like This was released the same day as Loud)

Music Of The Sun - Faith Hill's Fireflies, Staind's Chapter V and Hilary Duff's Most Wanted

This Is It seems like by far the biggest competition from amongst that list.

Gaga's The Fame Monster, Adam Lambert's For Your Entertainment, Shakira's She Wolf and Susan Boyle's I Dreamed a Dream (#1 I think) were also released the same week as Rated R, I think that was the hardest competition.

Edited by Alan123

Still no #1? Don't fret! - Rihanna's record company will be sure to release another in 9 months or so and give it another try. Team spirit!

No way. This is coming from a huge Rihanna fan, the album is a major disappointment, only album I was disappointed about this year.

Generic and rushed are the first two adjectives that come to my mind.

Although it will give a you a much greater appreciation for Loud and a HUUGE appreciation for Rated R.

It's really not that generic for a Rihanna album. Loud was wayyyy more generic. It doesn't even feel that rushed also. This album has everything that Rihanna has done all in one. It has a bit of the caribbean flavor in a few songs. A couple huge dance songs made for the club. Some pop/rock influenced songs. 2 or 3 hip hop songs. It's everything Rihanna loves in one album. It's her second best ablum imo. Drunk On Love and Where Have You Been would be the two reigning/best songs on the album and one is a ballad and one is a dance number. I personally am in love with it and Rated R was jus :legend:

Edited by Mike

Post your album counts!

We Found Love (w/ Single and album) - 102

Drunk On Love - 42

Where Have You Been - 36

Talk That Talk - 36

We All Want Love - 36

Roc Me Out - 35

Birthday Cake - 34

Farewell - 32

Cockiness - 28

Fool In Love - 28

Red Lipstick (combined with the Nicki mashup cuz its AHMAZING) - 18

Watch N Learn - 17

You Da One - 15

Do Ya Thang - 10

Queen Gloria

It's pretty bad. I'm not a fan to begin with and listening to it just made me sick of her. She doesn't make music of any substance it's just the same "na na na, na na na" **** over and over with dance/hip-hop beats.

Edited by CarrieMoonbeam

BoobyFromPalestine

I hate Rihanna but after BTW I've been going for her because I need s-x/s-xy songs (A la S&M,Raining Men, I also like Hard/Umbrella) and although I see Rihanna as a joke .. I see her as a joke who can make good dancey s-x-infested music .. So I'mma download the album and give it a try .. although WFL/YDO are not my type of songs at all :redface:

That GaGa reign just won't let up :legend: