Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

The Fortnite collab is a smart move by her team

LeafBug

Featured Posts

Fck I luv Art

"What's fortnight ? Is what I am seeing real, or is it just a sign?
Is it all just virtual?"

"Battle for your lives Fortnite players !!!" 

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤
  • YAAAS 1

darkgaga
21 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

It's not an event/concert otherwise they would've been hyping this up with a countdown etc. 

And they cant start that tomorrow? Or in a few hours. We just had one pic with zero info

• Like 1

Reality

It's definitely smart in the sense that it'll get her name out there for a bit before LG7, but the timing just feels super weird. Like, why now? Chromatica was 4 years ago, and while I understand that the pandemic really halted a lot of promo, I feel like she still could've done it sooner. It just feels like too little too late imo.

I'm hoping that the reason why they waited so long to do this is for one of two reasons: 1.) they'll directly tease something about LG7 during the event or 2.) they're getting Gaga out there more to get people ready for LG7 soon. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

AnglerfishbraBENUS

the only thing that is annoying about it is that wasn’t she supposed to be the first one to do this? i just like when she gets credit for being ahead of the curve loll like if ARTPOP came out in 2012

• Like 1

MessyTop
2 hours ago, Roronoa said:

It might not necessarily have to do with her wanting to extend the era. Ga is not as big with Gen Z as Taylor is but she is still a business brand. Think about it. How many ways can she realistically get the most people talking about her at this point in time? Specifically young people who have time to stream and money to spend. 

The only people that even know about Chromatica are us diehard fans. Don’t forget she did not really promote this album so the music will be fresh to a younger audience (like Bloody Mary and HML). Fortnite is where the youth and biggest Twitch streamers are at right now and it will keep her in the public interest for LG7 and Joker. That’s a GOOD thing. It might feel like she’s not letting go of an old era (to us) but not to the rest of the world. At worst it’s just her completing a contractual obligation. Something bigger is coming, brace yourselves because I think year will be ours.

My straight friends have been messaging me all day about it (they’re not Gaga fans) so obviously her team did something right. I just pray they don’t drop the ball. It would help if her own fans can spread some positivity on social media. :pray:

And lastly, Chromatica is a great album that deserves to be heard. She deserves one final moment in the spotlight so we don’t reminisce in 10 years and feel sad not more was done. Babylon or Replay gaining recognition would just be icing on the cake and we can enter the LG7 era on a positive note. 

Why a new thread? Discuss it on the Fortnite thread. Moderators? 

ryansamonster

It’s crazy to me how so many fans are shitting on this after YEARS of waiting for something. 
like, you don’t think this is the start of more to come?? Fortnite, then TCB film, then LG7… it’s all happening right now. Stop complaining, it’s not cute.
Especially those same few users who are complaining in every thread about this… 

• Like 1

TEANUS

There’s three scenarios here in my opinion:

1. This is the LAST little moment and justice for Chromatica to bridge the gap into LG7, maybe TCB film is finally coming too? I’m not expecting a big theatrical release or massive promo but quietly drop the damn thing somewhere for the fans, I can’t imagine there’s any financial or image loss to be had?

2. The event is just now being used in combination with studio pics, increased social media presence, rumor mills, and public appearances to generate hype around Gaga’s name before LG7

3. The event comes and goes and we wait in silence for the next studio pics captioned “🕷️” or “💀

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

A Very Gaga Holida
3 hours ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

the only thing that is annoying about it is that wasn’t she supposed to be the first one to do this? i just like when she gets credit for being ahead of the curve loll like if ARTPOP came out in 2012

No, I don’t think so :enigma:

TEANUS
3 hours ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

As far as I know not the first, but she, Ariana Grande, and The Weeknd were named in ooooold files about events like these. If I remember correctly Travis Scott (🤮) was the first

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS