Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

⚫️ LG7: FUNK 🎷 2025

Nutella

Featured Posts

• Nutella changed the title to LG7: FUNK 🎷 2025
Maxine Puth

I don’t doubt Gaga would make an absolutely amazing funk record, but it’s honestly not really something I think most fans have at the top of their list. I’d say a lot of us are still hoping for a rock centric electronic album, something like a heavier BTW and less 80s pop centered.

Funk is just a bit dated, which isn’t bad but it’s not ideal when her last solo album was also quite dated, and we had to wait 4+ years for her next. :traumatica:

Also I don’t get this take:

”If it dropped this summer, it would become our "Joker 2 press tour" soundtrack. But what if we don’t like Joker 2… and then LG7 leaves a bad taste in our mouths, forever after?  Or vice versa?

I don’t want Gaga to release music like Rihanna, but do we REALLY want her to release like Taylor??
Karma is her boyfriend but she’s flirting with overexposure...”

The Joker 2 press tour will have its own soundtrack. It’s like saying if LFS was released in 2018 they’d be playing I Get a Kick Out of You instead of Shallow for everything :ladyhaha: On top of that, yes. I really want her to release like Taylor. A new album every 1-2 years would be great. 

Nutella

@Maxine Puth funk is not my first choice BY A LONG SHOT, but I'll take it over rock/folk/country. If most fans want rock, then I misspoke and I am in the minority! Haha

My point about the joker 2 was that we would always associate LG7 with that film if they came out too close together. Personally, I'd rather have them stand on their own.

I love Gaga, but IMO no one should be releasing music at Taylor's pace. Enough already. Let the music breathe.

• Like 1

Maxine Puth
3 minutes ago, JessFletch said:

@Maxine Puth funk is not my first choice BY A LONG SHOT, but I'll take it over rock/folk/country. If most fans want rock, then I misspoke and I am in the minority! Haha

My point about the joker 2 was that we would always associate LG7 with that film if they came out too close together. Personally, I'd rather have them stand on their own.

I love Gaga, but IMO no one should be releasing music at Taylor's pace. Enough already. Let the music breathe.

I don’t think this is a genuine problem, this is the same fanbase that detaches Why Did You Do That? from its actual movie and bops to it, I don’t think they’d hate xyz simply because it came close to another project. :traumatica:

Also, how many people do you see associating Love For Sale with House of Gucci?  I liked that album, the movie was… a choice lol. Anyway, whatever she chooses I just hope we get new music soon. 

Nutella

Shot in the dark: we get a "harley x joker" ballad official song release on the same day as the trailer drops in April, after it features in the footage

JohnWayne92

I’ve been thinking it’s going to a soul/funk album since the church stuff she’s been posting. I don’t see her doing the trend of country - how 2015 - but I could see her doing this 

• Like 1

Nutella

@JohnWayne92 country is now going to be a "Beyoncé thing," at least for the foreseeable future, so Gaga would be taking a huge risk dipping back into that now. Let's hope she funks sh*t up

Nutella

Plus, she's already been there/done that 🤠
Her team may not always have a game plan, but I imagine she herself has some tricks up her sleeve...

Alegagaloo
11 hours ago, TEANUS said:

So the original LG5 :bradley:

THIS. Give me that funk disco dark bops 

• YAAAS 1

• Nutella changed the title to ⚫️ LG7: FUNK 🎷 2025