Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
new music

Kim Petras - Slut Pop Miami

Joshua James

Featured Posts

Controversiaga
8 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Aaron is credited on the songs. So looks like all of them were made at the same time as the original Slut Pop songs since it was right after that when Problematique got scrapped and Kim and Aaron cut got into a fight and cut ties.

Wait I don’t know Kim and Aaron cut ties!??? What happened ??

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Contrapoints

Someone send a torrent link so I don’t have to pay Dr. Luke any royalties

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TEANUS
15 minutes ago, Kubi said:

Head Head Honcho is the standout track for me

This and Cockblocker

Banana Boat has me cackling too :ladyhaha:

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

TEANUS
5 hours ago, sarcamstic said:

better than slut pop og in my opinion!! :firega:

personal highlights are gag on it, get f****d, rim job, ****blocker & can we f**k :vegas:

Idk if anything can top XXX, Superpower B*tch and Your Wish Is My Command for me :giveup:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

HeavyMetal Halcyon

Gag on it and can we f**k are so good. I’m obsessed 

Chromatica Forever

hieronymus

fitting that it starts with "these bıtches can't suck like me" because this really does suck, especially compared to the first one

• Like 1

Poker
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm going to have to wait until Friday to listen to this. To those who've listened - does it sound production-wise like the original EP and does it sound summery to match the Miami theme? And what are your favourite tracks? Have to say, I'm disappointed Luke is still involved. At least he doesn't do the actual writing. 

Slut pop og felt more like finished pop songs and this one feels more like a vibe/mixtape but the production is similar. 

Kindness rules all.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

starcell

I’m definitely not the target audience for this…as someone who really enjoyed Turn off the Light, everything since then has been not for me ;( The lyrics and theme could be the same, but the production has me snoozing 😴 

Dayman
2 hours ago, Controversiaga said:

Wait I don’t know Kim and Aaron cut ties!??? What happened ??

Oh god I’m just going to give a play by play of what has happened since Slut Pop since it’s all such a mess.

We don’t know exactly what happened. But what we DO know is that Slut Pop played a role it seems. At the time of Slut Pops release Hit it From The Back was scheduled to be a single in March. It got seemingly pulled due to negative press around Slut Pop. With that the label then proceeded to scrap Problematique and start over. Kim and Aaron apparently had a fight over it and like may still not be talking even now? But they stopped working together over it. They unfollowed each other and everything over it. Aaron even started playing Problematique songs on his Instagram Live. (My personal opinion is it’s possible the label didn’t want Aarons songs because it seems everything Aaron works on Luke gets a credit and given the Slut Pop controversy around Luke being involved they were being mindful of optics)

So after THAT Kim finally was pushed to work with a variety of producers. They got Max Martin and did Jesus Was a Rockstar to seemingly test the waters. It flopped. Kim made an entire second album “Candy” which ALSO got scrapped. THEN started work on a new THIRD album. Then she did Unholy with Sam and it blew up and the label decided to strike the iron while it was hot and possibly rushed out Feed The Beast? Which is why it’s not cohesive at all and has several previously released singles that weren’t its “lead”. 

Then since most of Problematique leaked anyway they released the remaining songs that were already leaked. And now Slut Pop Miami based on the credits seems to just be outtakes from the same Slut Pop sessions as the first EP - which is further proven by Whale Cock being almost exactly the same as the snippet she posted right when Slut Pop released.

She definitely has a few songs with Aaron left that didn’t leak, such as “Keep It”. But everything that has released post Slut Pop that has Aaron or Luke’s name on writing or production was made prior to Feb 2022 it seems.

It seems like they’re on good terms again now with Problematique and Slut Pop Miami being released - as I imagine A LOT of the tension between them was purely over not getting to put those songs out. Aaron implied he was told the songs weren’t good enough - whether it was the label or Kim. But they both were high stress at that point over it. Kim posting sad insta stories and then having to delete and post new stories backtracking probably at the labels demand. Since it would go from “I hate my label this sucks I want to release THIS album” type of post to “I’m working on new material though you guys and I can’t wait to share it! You’re going to love it and it’s going to be EVEN BETTER”. Very “there is no war in ba sing se” energy.

• Like 5
  • Shook 2
  • Thanks 1

Omar Vela
7 hours ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

All tracks produced by Dr. Puke no thanks 

Cmon GIF by Kesha

it's ok, I'm listening on repeat just 4 u sister

• LMAO 3
  • Sad 1

Lanadelduck
4 hours ago, Dayman said:

Aaron is credited on the songs. So looks like all of them were made at the same time as the original Slut Pop songs since it was right after that when Problematique got scrapped and Kim and Aaron cut got into a fight and cut ties.

Wait they cut ties????