Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

GaGa Nurtec ad controversy (reflection)

dit

Featured Posts

Sarah H
15 hours ago, Stef said:

IMG-8507.jpg

I still can’t get over the fact that this is a genuine caption on a Lady Gaga Instagram post like :air: 

Ah I remember genuinely thinking she'd been hacked :saladga::ladyhaha:

• LMAO 2

Dancing Shadow
57 minutes ago, XxBones said:

It’s actually illegal in other countries to advertise drugs directly to consumers. United States and I think New Zealand are the only ones that legally can. Since they can do it here, drug companies dump a ton of money into marketing. They know they can make profit if they advertise to the people and not the Drs. I think Gaga signing a deal with them and taking the money to help them promote it is still part of their plan. You are correct that just suggesting a medicine isn’t promoting it but signing a deal and taking their money to do it is completely different. 

yeah i know its illegal in other countries, but its not here..

also, if the medicine helps her, why wouldnt she take the deal? it might help other people 

"I hope that you will love me in this way For who I am—not then—but for today"

Rat Q

Not cringe. She been using all the money she’s been making through selling ish on a very compelling and cohesive set of projects. She’s been siphoning a lot of that money to her creations. Mark my words 

"Hesperus is Phosphorus"

Agunimon
1 hour ago, Rat Q said:

Not cringe. She been using all the money she’s been making through selling ish on a very compelling and cohesive set of projects. She’s been siphoning a lot of that money to her creations. Mark my words 

I marked them under 'delusional'! :ororomunroe:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

27monster27

The fact that people were dragging her for this as someone who has suffered (emphasis on suffered) from migraines in the past is so saddening to me.

he/him/his
  • Thanks 2

GagaGame

I still don't understand why people were mad at this? If it's because they used professional footage, I understand, but I don't think this was the case

LG7? CANCELLED
  • Like 2

Anderson123

She didn't deserve the negative reactions she got but I wish they'd have used different pictures for that partnership. And it has nothing to do with "OH the Chromatica Ball not coming out, they got pics before us", but something more fitting for that. I get that she uses medication for her body pain and maybe they wanted to link it to performing and the exhaustion of it idk but the concert pics with the Chromatica aesthetic felt out of place or just random as if they got them from a google search.

• Like 1

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, GagaGame said:

I still don't understand why people were mad at this? If it's because they used professional footage, I understand, but I don't think this was the case

The company's shady as hell, that's why.

1 hour ago, 27monster27 said:

The fact that people were dragging her for this as someone who has suffered (emphasis on suffered) from migraines in the past is so saddening to me.

It's not that they were against drugs against migraines. It wasn't about that.

GagaGame
12 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

The company's shady as hell, that's why.

It's not that they were against drugs against migraines. It wasn't about that.

Ohh ty

LG7? CANCELLED

Cello
On 2/11/2024 at 1:31 AM, HelloHangoverz said:

I think at the time, and maybe even now(?), she was trying to find her footing in terms of boundaries and how much time to spend and share as Gaga vs Stefani, her private self. I would never criticize somebody for wanting to live more of a private life. But I guess for me it's like...you're making me feel like a nuisance for continuing to love and support you :cryga: Do you hate me? Should I go? I'm sure that's not really the case, but people feel the way they feel, and then to be bombarded with paracetemol adverts, people are going to be upset. It's like gurl you set your boundaries and you stick to them, but it goes both ways. You can't just treat us as wallets when you're not around.

Points were made. I'm not a person who especially minds a long wait between music releases, but when the only interaction for months at a time is adverts it gets a bit :saladga: I'd rather she posted nothing at all if she wants privacy 

she/her 💗 free my mind

Cello
On 2/11/2024 at 8:11 AM, Future Lovers said:

I'm not really one for debating the usefulness or not of the medication. That's sort of overall irrelevant to the issue for me. 

My issue is that I don't think celebrities should be promoting pharmaceuticals period, full stop. I don't care what their relationship to the medication is or what their reasonings are, it's just not something that a person with influence ought to be doing. 

Regular ads for medications are touch and go but I see their purpose and I can see where they could be beneficial. But when you throw a celebrity endorsement into the mix, it to me begins to grow very distasteful. Celebrities pushing general products like makeup and beverages is a tale as old as time, but celebrity endorsement of medication can get to be dangerous.

I don't think we should ever aim to make a medication look "cool" or trendy in the same way we do a piece of clothing or a drink. Getting people to inquire or buy your medicine because their favorite celebrity said they should take it is just not the move. These commercials need to be kept strictly to fact and their proper use without someone famous trying to peddle it, especially to their fanbase. 

Keep celebrities out of medicine. That is a space for doctors and patients to discuss together, not for famous people to try and play influencer in. 

Facts :applause:

she/her 💗 free my mind

Gagaism
On 2/10/2024 at 4:35 PM, TheSine said:

It's hit or miss because me personally I didn't give two flying pigs. I can understand people's frustration because TCB is something we were all hoping for, but at the end of the day it wasn't as serious as people made it out to be. I did get a good laugh or two out of it though.

Pigs can’t fly anyway though :anveeroy: