Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Why are the end of era music videos better?

Mr S

Featured Posts

Starmie25
4 hours ago, NATAH said:

, a total seizure trip near the end and then snap back into reality whewwww

Joanne GIF by Lady GagaJoanne GIF by Lady GagaJoanne GIF by Lady Gaga

Edited by Starmie25
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Ultimecia
4 hours ago, Gorehound said:

I agree that the Stupid Love video was...a choice :madge:.

But the visuals for the album as a whole was tacky campy cyberpunk so I get the ROM video.

I love the SL video, it's even campier than ROM's

Why is it fine for ROM to be camp but not SL :traumatica:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Gorehound
36 minutes ago, Ultimecia said:

I love the SL video, it's even campier than ROM's

Why is it fine for ROM to be camp but not SL :traumatica:

I didn't mean it in that way. There's nothing wrong with the camp aesthetic. Nearly all of Gaga's music videos are camp, but the SL video is just painfully garish, tacky and amateur. It's cute i guess and suits the song but stylistically it's just rly bad taste imo.

At least the ROM video had a bit of style to it, tho it still looks a bit cheap.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta

27monster27
5 hours ago, Gorehound said:

I agree that the Stupid Love video was...a choice :madge:.

But the visuals for the album as a whole was tacky campy cyberpunk so I get the ROM video. 911 was a complete breakaway from that aesthetic and I'm glad about that.

Ye I found the Applause video very underwhelming (especially after the visuals from BTW) but she did say that she only had 1 week to plan and make the video which is such a shame. (The DWUW video on the other hand was an absolute disaster from the start).

I know the G.U.Y video is a fan favourite, but I always found it to be a bit of a random disjointed mess, like she was trying to cram so many unused ARTPOP ideas into one thing.

I remember hearing something back in the day that Gaga wasn't very happy with the BTW music video either. Dunno if that's legit but I don't think it turned out the way she wanted. But I defo say that her videos definitely dropped in quality after the BTW era. Many of them look very cheap, or are just bad taste imo.

This doesn't actually answer your question lol I'm just musing.

I think a lot of this is because she either had too much on her plate to do a lot (2008 - 2014), or she lost a lot of passion after her management betrayal and personal trauma (more recent and is entirely valid). If neither of these were true we definitely would've had a Beyoncé level visual project by now. (We should know because that was the plan for ARTPOP until everything went to Scheiß).

he/him/his
  • Thanks 1

Gorehound
55 minutes ago, NATAH said:

no it is genuinely bad, just really odd and the vibes were off

i could easily create a stunning video concept that appreciates the beauty of the song

What would you do? :partysick:

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta

VOLANTIS

Let's be honest. Born This Way was the last era where Gaga served gag worthy visual after visual nonstop. And that was more than 10 years ago.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Madame Goo Goo
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

It's bad.

This. I honestly think it is her only bad music video. It is honestly comical how bad it is. 

You also have to remember the context of the video release to understand why it is so bad. The first few seconds from the video where the “mysterious” vans come and get her from the desert was released as the videos teaser and had people expecting a much more elaborate plot line in the music video. Then it is just black and white footage of her in her dressing room, freshly refreshed from Dr. Epione, and then footage of her singing the song from what could’ve been the album cover photo shoot. Not to mention that we had already seen the A-YO promotional “video” which already did that.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NATAH
1 hour ago, Gorehound said:

What would you do? :partysick:

something inspired by her AMA performance, with all the light up grass, i think there's a lot of potential there :partysick:

mother, what must i do?
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

BlingNotTheMusic

Tbh the John Wayne video is one of my favorites from her, except I would've loved an extended version because that instrumental is just amazing. I miss her super long videos.

ROM is the video that I feel is closest to GAGA that we've got in a long time. GUY is it's own thing but ROM has the choreo, the lewks, the visuals, it's just everything for me. SL was awkward and wasted concept, 911 was cute but the aesthetics don't match the sound. I see what she was trying to do but not sure it translated. Was hoping the Chromatica "world" would continue...

One of my favorite things about Gaga is her visual/performance artistry and I haven't felt connected to an entire project since BTW. ARTPOP was almost there but we know how that went...

No one does visuals like her and back in the day, she was SERVING short films. Give us another MTN, give us another Paparazzi. Give us Telephone!

Here's hoping LG7 is the visual, double album we all deserve :vegas:

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu
  • Like 1

A Very Gaga Holida
5 hours ago, Didymus said:

It's bad.

It really is terrible omg, I watched it the other day in the toilet and it was even worse than I remembered :cryga:

• Sad 1

Starmie25
19 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Tbh the John Wayne video is one of my favorites from her, except I would've loved an extended version because that instrumental is just amazing. I miss her super long videos.

Preach!!

lady gaga joanne GIF by Interscope Records

• YAAAS 1

A Very Gaga Holida
3 hours ago, Gorehound said:

I didn't mean it in that way. There's nothing wrong with the camp aesthetic. Nearly all of Gaga's music videos are camp, but the SL video is just painfully garish, tacky and amateur. It's cute i guess and suits the song but stylistically it's just rly bad taste imo.

At least the ROM video had a bit of style to it, tho it still looks a bit cheap.

Respectfully, why do you think ROM looks cheap? That’s the last word that would cross my mind to describe it :shrug: While I love 911’s imagery a lot more, I think it looks a million times cheaper than ROM