Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Lady Gaga Release... How Will She Fare With Her Pears?

Economy

Featured Posts

VasilisVas
14 hours ago, gagzus said:

Gaga’s very much in the same lane as Beyoncé that she’s now a legacy artist and has longevity that goes beyond even her music now, which Taylor doesn’t tbh

yes Taylor has her sales and popularity now but she will inevitably have a fall eventually, every artist ages out eventually and Taylor will probably too when she’s about Gaga’s age or a bit younger. But unlike Gaga she has nothing else to fall back on really.

so short answer;

Gaga will still do fine, she has a solid fan base and enough GP support, especially if the music is to their taste (and by the sounds of it she might be going in that direction after doing dance music again and it not hitting the same in the wider audience)

Taylor is only 2 years and some months  younger than Gaga. I definitely don’t think age is much of a factor. 

Corous
2 hours ago, gagzus said:

Actually I’d argue if she cared about sales and being #1 in the modern age of quick releases and access and streaming she would release a commercial album every year or 2 instead she’s doing side projects like movies, philanthropy and working with her idols on music that might not be so successful.

the bundles and stuff were marketing strategies her label did and collaborated with her digital marketing team that run her website and her online presence, they probably just sent her an email with things she needed to post and she probably scheduled posts etc. she’s no longer as chronically online as she was a decade or more ago.

plus Gaga is comparable to Beyoncé id argue, there’s a reason she’s grouped with Beyoncé as a next gen legacy artist, we even have pop singers now saying they grew up watching Gaga and listening to her and you can see and hear her influence everywhere. Same for Beyoncé. 

She doesn't release often but in each release she uses tactics to maximize her sales such as the discounts or bundles that I mentioned before, we could say that this comes from Interscop but Gaga is the boss and easily with the influence she has she could simply tell them no and that wants to release her album in a traditional way but she doesn't...

About Beyonce, I don't deny that Gaga had an impact on her, at the time Gaga was very big and had an impact on many artists, the thing is that Beyonce has about 10 years more career than Gaga, She comes from the Cristina, Britney, Pink or even Mariah era... so it doesn't seem like the most appropriate comparison to me.

Maxine Puth
4 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

Taylor is only 2 years and some months  younger than Gaga. I definitely don’t think age is much of a factor. 

4 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

This. Funny how “when Taylor is Gaga’s age she’ll have nothing to fall back on” aka… acting? But Gaga started being serious with her acting career at 29, after her “flop” era. Taylor is 34 and the biggest global pop star. 

Edited by Maxine Puth

Gorehound
10 minutes ago, Ghost Face said:

A Lady Gaga what?

Something from a long forgotten past

I'm fine, Ta
  • LMAO 1

TheOriginalOne

LG7 when we ask her how she’s faring after Gaga abandons her 2 months into the era 

Im Not Okay Season 9 GIF

• LMAO 1