Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Lady Gaga Release... How Will She Fare With Her Pears?

Economy

Featured Posts

julz

Lady Gaga will be fine. She is already a household name around the world, and has a solid fanbase...around the world. She can still have a number 1 single or album, as long as the timing is right. If she pulls a surprise release, maybe that can happen i guess. What happened with Tiktok (songs are removed) is a big factor i think so let us see.

HausOfAntonio

My dream is that Gaga just goes full experimental and doesn’t give a f*** about charts anymore.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Memento
39 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

My dream is that Gaga just goes full experimental and doesn’t give a f*** about charts anymore.

every pre-era cycle i enter this mood

Talk **** on me again ill sandwich your fuggin face
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Magic Mike

Experimental and without caring about Taylor / numbers ; i second that 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Corous

I can't understand why everyone says that Gaga doesn't care about the charts, clearly she does, if that weren't the case she would release music much faster without caring about anything like Lana does, however she doesn't and for example in the Chromatica era she used bundles to have more sales and strategic collaborations to have more impact (Blackpink in Asia, Elton in Europe and Ariana in the Americas), I also do not feel that Gaga and Beyonce are comparable, the latter has a much longer career than Gaga's and more consistent in terms of releases to stay current musically.

• Thanks 1

HausOfAntonio
3 minutes ago, Corous said:

I can't understand why everyone says that Gaga doesn't care about the charts, clearly she does, if that weren't the case she would release music much faster without caring about anything like Lana does, however she doesn't and for example in the Chromatica era she used bundles to have more sales and strategic collaborations to have more impact (Blackpink in Asia, Elton in Europe and Ariana in the Americas), I also do not feel that Gaga and Beyonce are comparable, the latter has a much longer career than Gaga's and more consistent in terms of releases to stay current musically.

Most of the “promo” for Chromatica seemed more like her label pushing her to have any sort of commercial success more so than her genuinely wanting it though… these sorts of cheap strategies to get more sales (eg. Merch bundles) always come across as more of a label thing than an artist thing to me. 

Delulu Rogers
4 minutes ago, Corous said:

Gaga is weird. She'll do things like bundles and collabs but then she won't actually push any singles or film mvs etc which would lead to better chart success. Sour Candy was completely wasted for example and that could have easily been number 1 with a billion views. 

• Thanks 1

monstertoronto
3 hours ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Gaga is weird. She'll do things like bundles and collabs but then she won't actually push any singles or film mvs etc which would lead to better chart success. Sour Candy was completely wasted for example and that could have easily been number 1 with a billion views. 

I agree about Sour Candy. There was hype and BP were huge. 

Tyler1992

Less than Taylor. But at this point she’s so overexposed and top heavy in terms of charts it’s not something Gaga would even worry about. Taylor has proved she only cares about the bling, so who cares. 

More than Katy. In terms of the pairs overall arch, Katy has only won a couple of “battles”. 

Starmie25

With the way some of y'all talk about Lady Gaga, I'm sadly expecting 40k pure sales, 89 streams on Spotify and her tour consisting of small hut tents in the bahamas since she's "forgotten" and a "hag" :traumatica:

• LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 1

Yaaaas Gaga

Gaga’s strength is that she doesn’t rely solely on her music for her success. I think an album release combined with a hopefully successful Joker movie will see her catapulted right back into the spotlight, similar to when A Star Is Born was released.

I think well-timed and effective marketing could really give her a moment in the second half of this year/early part of next year and given her relative silence of late, I for one would love to see her on the front pages again.

Mr S

You can't compare any artist to Taylor. She'd destroy Beyonce and Rihanna as well so no shame in admitting that she'd destroy Gaga.

From a label POV, she really should try to release before Taylor doe a quick #1 album debut. But truthfully like someone mentioned, even after 7 weeks Taylor would outsell Gaga on her debut week.

• Like 1

Tinnitus15
17 minutes ago, Mr S said:

You can't compare any artist to Taylor. She'd destroy Beyonce and Rihanna as well so no shame in admitting that she'd destroy Gaga.

From a label POV, she really should try to release before Taylor doe a quick #1 album debut. But truthfully like someone mentioned, even after 7 weeks Taylor would outsell Gaga on her debut week.

True. Midnights is going #2 on billboard with 51k units even now. 

gagzus

We also have to remember, Taylor’s current hype is because she’s re-released her albums in quick succession combined with other studio albums so she’s constantly had 2-3 albums out at all times all with different genres and all with different appeals. For example we forget Taylor debuted before Gaga did and some fans now weren’t around for Gaga’s debut never mind Taylor’s so for some people it’s new music entirely.

we live in an age of quick access now where everyone can digest songs and albums fast and they want a new one straight away. Gone are the days of waiting for a single to come out then buying it on CD then watching your favourite artist on TV and radio promote it globally then releasing another single and doing the same and then waiting months for an album, not to mention patiently waiting for music videos to drop as well on MTV. That’s when Gaga thrived tbh when popSTARS existed.

• Like 1

gagzus
8 hours ago, Corous said:

Actually I’d argue if she cared about sales and being #1 in the modern age of quick releases and access and streaming she would release a commercial album every year or 2 instead she’s doing side projects like movies, philanthropy and working with her idols on music that might not be so successful.

the bundles and stuff were marketing strategies her label did and collaborated with her digital marketing team that run her website and her online presence, they probably just sent her an email with things she needed to post and she probably scheduled posts etc. she’s no longer as chronically online as she was a decade or more ago.

plus Gaga is comparable to Beyoncé id argue, there’s a reason she’s grouped with Beyoncé as a next gen legacy artist, we even have pop singers now saying they grew up watching Gaga and listening to her and you can see and hear her influence everywhere. Same for Beyoncé. 

• Like 1