đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Dua Lipa's Argylle bombs at box office

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Director Matthew Vaughn's new film Argylle is bombing at the box office despite its star-studded cast and whopping $200million production budget.

A reported $80 million was poured into the film's market budget.

The spy flick - that critics recently dubbed 'one of the worst movies ever made' - is en route to an estimated $16.5 million domestic opening from 3,605 theaters after it grossed just $5.6 million on Friday, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

And the international numbers aren't much better as Argylle is expected to earn $16.9 million in those markets.
source

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Sad 2

dubstep111

People don’t wanna watch these kinds of movies duh. We want horror! How much money do they have to lose to learn lol

PunkTheFunk

This had Netflix written all over it. Very few people are going to take 3 hours out of their day to drive to a theatre, pay $15+ per person for a ticket, and pay another $20+ for popcorn and drinks for a movie you could probably find 10 different variations of on streaming services right now.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

Chromatography
1 minute ago, Admin said:

Dua Lipa is on screen for about 3 minutes

that’s surprising to me. based on the ads i have scrolled passed for this movie they use her so without knowing anything i would think she’s a lead

• Like 1

River
4 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

This had Netflix written all over it. Very few people are going to take 3 hours out of their day to drive to a theatre, pay $15+ per person for a ticket, and pay another $20+ for popcorn and drinks for a movie you could probably find 10 different variations of on streaming services right now.

Apple TV+  :emma:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

River
Just now, Chromatography said:

that’s surprising to me. based on the ads i have scrolled passed for this movie they use her so without knowing anything i would think she’s a lead

Bryce Dallas Howard is the lead and she's like hidden behind Dua :air:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

pachinko
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

This pretty much sums it up. :vegas:

weed
7 minutes ago, Admin said:

Dua Lipa is on screen for about 3 minutes

Very weird how they advertised it with so much focus on her when it's a big budget action movie full of A-list actors... could have been a surprise cameo if she's there for 3 minutes.

Future Lovers

When are we going to stop assigning whole films to celebrities who are in them for less than 5 minutes? 

This is like saying “Dua Lipa’s Barbie smashes at the box office” 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 8
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 2

Anderson123

I watched this yesterday with no expectations because my friend likes action / fantasy movies but they were also showing The Holdovers and Past Lives which are the next ones I’m going to see. 

Argylle isn’t thaaat bad but it’s so cheesy and doesn’t take itself serious. Dua Lipa is also there during the first 5 mins so I don’t understand how this has been promoted with her at the front. That dancing scene with Henry is pretty much half her appearance lol. 

This was also more a Bryce Dallas + Sam Rockwell lead movie. I was disappointed Henry was not that much in it but it’s part of the story. 

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 1

MaybeKermit
46 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

When are we going to stop assigning whole films to celebrities who are in them for less than 5 minutes? 

This is like saying “Dua Lipa’s Barbie smashes at the box office” 

Tbh wasnt it kiiiiiinda the same when Gaga did Machete and Sin City ? 

blzr

Have you guys heard there’s speculation (TikTok conspiracy theories) that Taylor Swift wrote Argylle lol