💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7: Hype Train 🚂 🚂 (see you next year ⋆𐙚₊˚⊹♡ )

Stef

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, Togekiss said:

You guys stop quoting that Debbie Downer, they’re boring and today should be fun!

How do you call someone whose fun depends on having everyone else abstain from bringing a different opinion to the table?

• LMAO 1

lilboyblue
2 hours ago, TAlx said:

I was talking about cohesion of her work. And on that, by all means I love her collaborating with legends, I was and am here for her jazz work etcetera - but the Rolling Stones collab did not do anything for her, unlike many others did. Neither did HMH. Neither did the Olympics. By "not doing anything for her" I mean that no one remembers them and it doesn't add anything to her actual legacy, they're merely flashes in a pan that are supposed to drag her audience through the apparent momentum towards "something", whatever that is, and inevitably leads to the vast majority of people having zero clue what her brand is / what she stands for etc. Unless the intention is to project herself as a "jack of all trades", but even that can be spread out over better defined segments of time, rather than "everything everywhere all at once".

OMG with the over-analyzing. Not every move Gaga makes has to be calculated to be part of a grand scheme to build a legacy! In fact, she SHOULDN'T even be thinking of that when she decides what she wants to pursue. She should only go by feel and by passion and by love of what she's doing. Or else, we'll get messes like veteran popstars trying to recreate past successes, and we know how that usually turns out.

And please don't get it twisted—collaborating with The Rolling Stones is a huge honor, as well as being part of a beloved franchise as Top Gun and working with iconic musicians. And performing at the Paris 2024 opening ceremony is historic. Those are opportunities you grab when they are offered to you! Geez.

In your mind, they add nothing to her legacy, but chances are, those experiences have added immensely to her as an artist and mean so much to her as an individual.

On-topic: 2h 13 minutes!! :legend:

Edited by lilboyblue
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, lilboyblue said:

OMG with the over-analyzing. Not every move Gaga makes has to be calculated to be part of a grand scheme to build a legacy! In fact, she SHOULDN'T even be thinking of that when she decides what she wants to pursue. She should only go by feel and by passion and by love of what she's doing. Or else, we'll get messes like veteran popstars trying to recreate past successes, and we know how that usually turns out.

And please don't get it twisted—collaborating with The Rolling Stones is a huge honor, as well as being part of a beloved franchise as Top Gun and working with iconic musicians. And performing at the Paris 2024 opening ceremony is historic. Those are opportunities you grab when they are offered to you! Geez.

In your mind, they add nothing to her legacy, but chances are, those experiences have added immensely to her as an artist and mean so much to her as an individual.

Performing at the Paris 2024 opening ceremony can be historic. Her performance wasn't. Same goes for the other ones listed.

Again, I'm bringing up the "values" and execution, not the intention.

lilboyblue
1 minute ago, TAlx said:

Performing at the Paris 2024 opening ceremony can be historic. Her performance wasn't. Same goes for the other ones listed.

Again, I'm bringing up the "values" and execution, not the intention.

*YOUR opinion on their values - You didn't like it, sure. But it 100% meant a lot to her and that's what matters.

I love it for her because those are artistic projects she can pursue without much pressure from fans. Not everything has to be a big culture shifting moment, and that's okay.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Roronoa

I think the loyalty of fanbases is a good indicator of an artist’s ability to create art that resonates. 

There’s a reason why Little Monsters are so much more loyal than Katy Perry’s or Dua Lipa’s fans. We keep coming back because what she does invigorates us. It’s always new, exciting and most importantly, well done. Good art has organic longevity. You can’t buy it and you can’t fake it. I may not care for all her projects but I can see the heart and soul she pours into them. She is objectively good at what she does. 

The future is bright with her in the world. 

Spoiler

That Pink Pom Pom performance could have been better but she wasn’t the problem. She was brilliant in a poorly directed number. Whoever directed it is the one at fault. They failed to consider a lot of things like camerawork, setting, environment and time of day etc. 

Edited by Roronoa
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4

lilboyblue
1 minute ago, Roronoa said:
  Hide contents

That Pink Pom Pom performance could have been better but she wasn’t the problem. She was literally shining in a poorly directed number. Whoever directed it is the one at fault. They failed to consider a lot of things like camerawork, setting, environment and time of day etc. 

In all fairness, she opened the ceremony well! I loved it, and with the first few boats cruising down the seine, up until Gojira, I think. It was such a joyous mood! Then it became weird. :spin:

4 minutes ago, Roronoa said:

I think the loyalty of fanbases is a good indicator of an artist’s ability to create art that resonates. 

There’s a reason why Little Monsters are so much more loyal than Katy Perry’s or Dua Lipa’s fans. We keep coming back because what she does invigorates us. It’s always new, exciting and most importantly, well done. Good art has organic longevity. You can’t buy it and you can’t fake it. I may not care for all her projects but I can see the heart and soul she pours into them. She is objectively good at what she does. 

The future is looking good.

Hide contents

That Pink Pom Pom performance could have been better but she wasn’t the problem. She was brilliant in a poorly directed number. Whoever directed it is the one at fault. They failed to consider a lot of things like camerawork, setting, environment and time of day etc. 

She's got the vocals, that's undeniable. The rest? Objectively lacking and mid in comparison to her other projects.
And for an artist of her caliber, she's supposed to have a say in the direction / step out of stuff if they're subpar. It's not like she's just releasing The Fame and has to suck it up for every mishandled opportunity.

But it's kiss-a** daily, so whatever at this point.

Hennycomb
2 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

*YOUR opinion on their values - You didn't like it, sure. But it 100% meant a lot to her and that's what matters.

I love it for her because those are artistic projects she can pursue without much pressure from fans. Not everything has to be a big culture shifting moment, and that's okay.

Exactly. In that moment it was her duty to entertain, be directed, fit in and be part of the show and the story that was supposed to be communicated. It couldn't have been different. She sang very well, gave french cabaret vibes and did not draw attention away from the whole ceremony and towards her. She was a good addition. Celine on the other hand had a MOMENT, a beautiful one. Gaga had and will have these moments too. Doesn't need to be on EVERY performance.

• Thanks 5

NATAH
51 minutes ago, Hennycomb said:

If we're disagreeing on the quality of the acts, then it's not as objective as you think. Thinking that something is true for everybody cause it's very clear in your mind and then dressing your opinion in smirk sauce is a sign of arrogance. Yes, there are loads of things in art that are objective, what you described is not one of them.

It's very easy to stop consuming something that you don't like anymore.

get her, jade!

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 2

lilboyblue
3 minutes ago, Hennycomb said:

Exactly. In that moment it was her duty to entertain, be directed, fit in and be part of the show and the story that was supposed to be communicated. It couldn't have been different. She sang very well, gave french cabaret vibes and did not draw attention away from the whole ceremony and towards her. She was a good addition. Celine on the other hand had a MOMENT, a beautiful one. Gaga had and will have these moments too. Doesn't need to be on EVERY performance.

And if only for the fact that we got a lot of interaction from her in Paris, including the LG7 snippets, I'd say it was worth it. She seemed so happy and inspired!

• Like 1

Roronoa
2 minutes ago, TAlx said:

She's got the vocals, that's undeniable. The rest? Objectively lacking and mid in comparison to her other projects.
And for an artist of her caliber, she's supposed to have a say in the direction / step out of stuff if they're subpar. It's not like she's just releasing The Fame and has to suck it up for every mishandled opportunity.

But it's kiss-a** daily, so whatever at this point.

Okay? And then what? If you don’t like it, what do you want her to do about it? :brat: 

• Like 1

NATAH
Just now, Roronoa said:

Okay? And then what? If you don’t like it, what do you want her to do about it? :brat: 

time to fish more poo out that river so Gaga can try it again but whilst wearing a latex body suit, full bangs fringe and a discostick cus apparantly she has to keep doing only that or she's no longer consistent and a fraud!

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 3

Starmie25
12 minutes ago, NATAH said:

time to fish more poo out that river so Gaga can try it again but whilst wearing a latex body

:air::air::air:

• LMAO 1

Hennycomb
8 minutes ago, Roronoa said:

They just want to stir the pot and complain the pot is stirred. The day of the ceremony there were lots of people expressing what wasn't good about the performance. They could be here and join in freely. But they chose the hype around Bruno collab to point out "values". We all know that hype pre-announcement or pre-release is NEVER a good time to drop criticism in. Let alone in a shady tone. We're all here counting down jumping up and down waiting for music and then someone comes with complaints and expects what? A good conversation? Ok :interestinga:

Edited by Hennycomb
  • Like 1

• Stef changed the title to LG7: Hype Train 🚂 🚂 (see you next year ⋆𐙚₊˚⊹♡ )