Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7: Hype Train ๐Ÿš‚ ๐Ÿš‚ (BRUNO X Gaga 8.16?)

Stef

Featured Posts

HelloHangoverz
16 minutes ago, TAlx said:

I know you were not replying to me and 'd love you to point where I mentioned anything about charts success and numbers;ย that being said, thanks for making it clear that you can't read and that you're looking to argue with someone.

I was talking about cohesion of her work. And on that, by all means I love her collaborating with legends, I was and am here for her jazz work etcetera - but the Rolling Stones collab did not do anything for her, unlike many others did. Neither did HMH. Neither did the Olympics. By "not doing anything for her" I mean that no one remembers them and it doesn't add anything to her actual legacy, they're merely flashes in a pan that are supposed to drag her audience through the apparent momentum towards "something", whatever that is, and inevitably leads to the vast majority of people having zero clue what her brand is / what she stands for etc. Unless the intention is to project herself as a "jack of all trades", but even that can be spread out over better defined segments of time, rather than "everything everywhere all at once".

And no, you're not tired of people's "negativity", you're just tired of computing the basic fact that not everyone agrees with you - which would be fine if you formulated like that, and you found the wrong person to try painting as "negative" here. Watch your mouth.

omg all this arguing and strife when we're on the cusp of new music! we block our own blessings in this fandom. stop the drama start the music!

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

6 minutes ago, Rocketno10 said:

Jesus she canโ€™t do things for fun? Not everything has to be calculated and contribute towards her legacy at all. She does whatever she likes and sheโ€™s having fun thatโ€™s it. All the collabs you mentions excluding HMH are great honors, a collaboration with THE Rolling Stones? If they ever asked me I would drop everything in my life to work with them in a heartbeat, and freaking Olympic? These are incredible feats and it shows how well respected and liked she is and even if it doesnโ€™t contribute anything to her legacy(it does) why does it effing matter? Let her live and let her create art, sometimes she missed the mark but you can sense a genuine passion with most of her projects and thatโ€™s what matters.ย 

Which is the equivalent of lacking perspective and doing things for little reason, which is exactly what she was criticizing. That's my point. I don't wanna belittle anyone by spelling it out twice, but it seems like it's the only way to get a simple notion across.

3 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

omg all this arguing and strife when we're on the cusp of new music! we block our own blessings in this fandom. stop the drama start the music!

Ofc, it's only "dramatic" when one doesn't agree with the general opinion of whoever's online on this forum at a given moment.

Hennycomb
2 minutes ago, TAlx said:

Which is the equivalent of lacking perspective and doing things for little reason, which is exactly what she was criticizing. That's my point. I don't wanna belittle anyone by spelling it out twice, but it seems like it's the only way to get a simple notion across.

You are repeating yourself not because we didn't understand it. It's because we don't agree. I don't want to "belittle" you by "spelling it out twice" but I don't agree that it means lack of perspective. It's a different perspective. She wants to do stuff for the public, for the sake of art, for us to consume and be happy.

Rocketno10
1 minute ago, TAlx said:

Ofc, it's only "dramatic" when one doesn't agree with the general opinion of whoever's online on this forum at a given moment.

No. You had a bad take on how she can use her free time and you are very condescending about it. That whatโ€™s happening. Donโ€™t even get it twisted and put it on other people. There has been genuinely good conversations between members who disagree with each other but the way you worded your post makes it sound like Gaga is attention seeking and shallow with her intentions. You mention lacking perspective and little reason for doing what sheโ€™s doing but not everything has to cut deeper than the ย bone, which Iโ€™m sure she will do with her actual big music project but in the meanwhile she can have as much fun and doing as much side projects as she wants. Even with no perspective about them because godforbid when people are being casual.ย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Rocketno10 said:

No. You had a bad take on how she can use her free time and you are very condescending about it. That whatโ€™s happening. Donโ€™t even get it twisted and put it on other people. There has been genuinely good conversations between members who disagree with each other but the way you worded your post makes it sound like Gaga is attention seeking and shallow with her intentions. You mention lacking perspective and little reason for doing what sheโ€™s doing but not everything has to cut deeper than the ย bone, which Iโ€™m sure she will do with her actual big music project but in the meanwhile she can have as much fun and doing as much side projects as she wants. Even with no perspective about them because godforbid when people are being casual.ย 

But if you're gonna criticize an entire pool of artists that do that thing, isn't it like... you should be held accountable for your words? And isn't it like ppl would build some expectation that you're not gonna do that thing yourself? "godforbid when people are being casual" but she was literally criticizing others for doing so and she was putting herself above that, not too many yrs ago.

And there's another comment before yours that says it's not about lacking perspective, but a ***different perspective***. Like sure, now we can just slap the title CONCEPT on anything just to forge a loophole of some sort and act like we're putting a new spin on talking s**t acting like it's not just talking s**t. Cuz we're artists, aren't we...

And yeah, im excited for the new music just as everybody else, it's just that it feels like she's contradicting herself on the very things that make her the artist that she is, or that she's trying to appear as.

tylerjs

yโ€™all itโ€™s like 8 in the morningย 

GIF by The Office

๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ธ monica from rhoslc kinda had a point
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 2

NATAH
1 hour ago, TAlx said:

I remember that interview of her where she was criticizing artists for lacking perspective and throwing s**t to the wall to see if it sticks - which feels like what she's been doing for a while now.

Insert here all the random a** collabs that did nothing for her (the Rolling Stones thing, now this Bruno Mars thing), the projects that did nothing for her (the Top Gun thing, the Olympics opening thing), the image & brand thing that used to be so coherent and intentional and was threaded nicely through her phases, even during ARTPOP, and now it's just all over the place. This new era feels messy even before its beginning.

you're confusing a woman having fun with "seeing what sticks"

those collaborations were not career moves to become a chart topping superstar, she did them because she wanted to (the RS collab literally only happened cus they were in the same studio at the time)

if you want an example of throwing sh*t at a wall to see what sticks, i suggest having a good look at katy perry atm... there's a huge reason why she's still the one at the kid's choice awards instead of opening THE olympic games

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Hennycomb
2 minutes ago, TAlx said:

But if you're gonna criticize an entire pool of artists that do that thing, isn't it like... you should be held accountable for your words? And isn't it like ppl would build some expectation that you're not gonna do that thing yourself? "godforbid when people are being casual" but she was literally criticizing others for doing so and she was putting herself above that, not too many yrs ago.

And there's another comment before yours that says it's not about lacking perspective, but a ***different perspective***. Like sure, now we can just slap the title CONCEPT on anything just to forge a loophole of some sort and act like we're putting a new spin on talking s**t acting like it's not just talking s**t. Cuz we're artists, aren't we...

And yeah, im excited for the new music just as everybody else, it's just that it feels like she's contradicting herself on the very things that make her the artist that she is, or that she's trying to appear as.

You can quote me and we can conversate. What I'm saying is that she is not throwing things to wall to see if it sticks. That's not what she is doing. Those smaller projects help define her career but they're not the main focal point. She's not trying to HIT with those. There is not an ounce of problem in her doing those things. You talk like they shouldn't have happened, like they were a waste of time. Honestly, you just sound like those "I want TFM BTW Gaga back I hate jazz I hate Joanne" gays but you learned how to write more eloquently.ย 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hennycomb said:

You can quote me and we can conversate. What I'm saying is that she is not throwing things to wall to see if it sticks. That's not what she is doing. Those smaller projects help define her career but they're not the main focal point. She's not trying to HIT with those. There is not an ounce of problem in her doing those things. You talk like they shouldn't have happened, like they were a waste of time. Honestly, you just sound like those "I want TFM BTW Gaga back I hate jazz I hate Joanne" gays but you learned how to write more eloquently.ย 

I can see how you might not see it like that, speaking of the whole "throwing stuff to the wall" thing in liaison to her mini projects or whatever. I can't, for the love of whatever god, see how it's not clear how she keeps contradicting herself, and her alleged "values", when it's been a topic for ages and everyone just keeps rolling with it, but then some of us grew into fans because she used not to and that's where this... skepticism / disappointment stems from.

However, first catch me sayingย "I want TFM BTW Gaga back I hate jazz I hate Joanne" and then you get the right to come up with this counterargument, thank you very much. Til then, I can't relate.

Edited by TAlx

plane jane

why are yโ€™all fighting?! weโ€™re literally getting new music in less than 24 hours (allegedly)!!! LETS CELEBRATE ๐ŸŽ‰ย 

• YAAAS 9
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz
6 minutes ago, plane jane said:

why are yโ€™all fighting?! weโ€™re literally getting new music in less than 24 hours (allegedly)!!! LETS CELEBRATE ๐ŸŽ‰ย 

it will be a bloodbath when the album comes out. a paradox

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Thanks 1

Juanlittlem
6 minutes ago, plane jane said:

Shut up ohohoe

Locked in a basement again?! / I โค๏ธ Teletubby.
  • LMAO 1

Hennycomb

@TAlx

12 minutes ago, TAlx said:

I can see how you might not see it like that, speaking of the whole "throwing stuff to the wall" thing in liaison to her mini projects or whatever. I can't, for the love of whatever god, see how it's not clear how she keeps contradicting herself, and her alleged "values", when it's been a topic for ages and everyone just keeps rolling with it, but then some of us grew into fans because she used not to and that's where this... skepticism / disappointment stems from.

However, first catch me sayingย "I want TFM BTW Gaga back I hate jazz I hate Joanne" and then you get the right to come up with this counterargument, thank you very much. Til then, I can't relate.

Your point would make sense if she didn't have the ability to pull all that off. If it was all half-baked. But it's not. An artist who has the nerve and talents to transcend what made them famous is an artist who righteously follows their gut, who knows what they can do and knows they have the obligation to serve their art and their craft to us with their utmost capabilities. Not to show people they can do it, not to construct themselves as an artist, but for us to appreciate it. Having that voice and not sing jazz would be a crime. Loving rock and refusing to collaborate with a legendary band would be a crime. Being invited to perform at the Olympics and refusing for the sake of "perspective" would be a crime. Her voice and her mind brought her duties. I will never vouch for her to stop any of that even if that's not my cup of tea. She is not contradicting her values because her values always resided in making art and making it good. Whenever she talks about art in interviews, it totally aligns with what she is doing. Where you see contradiction I see evolution. Pop will never be low brow and she is proving that.

Edited by Hennycomb
  • Like 4

highongaga
6 minutes ago, TAlx said:

it's been like 15 years, do you really expect her perspective or priorities to not change? clearly after ARTPOP, her ideologies and values have shifted (especially in regards to her life as a popstar) and we should respect that, instead of criticizing the promotions, releases, performances, etc. she does for *the fans*

YEAHHH BUDDY
  • Like 2