Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
achievement

LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)

Stef

Featured Posts

PartySick
1 minute ago, lastpopicon said:

the way the video is age restricted too :icant:

Her BEST performance and you will never convince me otherwise :firega:

It has everything I love Gaga for :firega:

• YAAAS 1

getbehindmybarrier

Justice for ARTPOP!

My husband just got addicted to the title track and I feel so proud. 

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

SHALLOW
9 minutes ago, vanus said:

Timelessly boring :lolly:

John Wayne, DIC, A-Yo, DH are BOPS. The ballads on ASIB, i get that you may not like them, but they're very well written. Also Shallow is a very dinamic song, everything but boring. 

It's important to distinguish your personal opinion from reality. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's boring. Joanne was something completely different from what Gaga was used to make, and that alone makes that album much more unique and interesting imo

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

lastpopicon
Just now, PartySick said:

Her BEST performance and you will never convince me otherwise :firega:

It has everything I love Gaga for :firega:

Her emotion on that performance is something that i can't get over, watch to it often.

We know she's a good actress, but this performance was no acting imo, you can almost feel her raw emotions, and it's especially touching because we know what swine is about.

PS: Enigma is also my fav Chromatica track :staymad:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • YAAAS 1

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I've already lowkey accepted that I won't care for LG7 'cause the snippets and info we've heard haven't gotten me excited at all. When she was doing jazz and released Joanne I thought she was evolving as an artist and venturing into new and exciting things but Chromatica was such a backslide and LG7 just seems like it'll be her doubling down on that regression because the fans want "dArK pOp" to get pegged to in the club :laughga:

That's exactly what i felt. I don't mind Chromatica but it really never felt interesting or like an evolution. The concept was also not very well put together at all. For LG7 i definitely expect something better, but as you said, the snippets really weren't that exciting. But i really hope I'm wrong. I'll enjoy the album regardless, even if it won't be my fave 

• Love 1

Juanlittlem
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

lyrically one of the weakes

Girl your fave album is Joanne which contains lyrics like "Ayo ayo we smoking them all" "Mirror on the ceiling" Hey Girl is in its tracklist and then you have Come To Mama, with more awful lyrics, then John Wayne being Gaga AGAIN talking about how she loves a bad man and also DIC and how she masturbates. Sure, that album is a masterpiece when it comes to lyricism! 

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Juanlittlem

No chromatica slander

iyanla vanzant not on my watch GIF

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 4

SHALLOW
8 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

No chromatica slander

iyanla vanzant not on my watch GIF

Chromatica is literally the first time i haven't seen an evolution from Gaga. It felt incredibly disappointing. I could tell she wasn't invested in its concept at all like the other albums. She literally let Bloodpop choose the name of the album cause she couldn't think of any. Also that color/tribe theory that went nowhere.

It's a very commercial album (look at the collabs. She didn't even meet with the Black pinks, it was just a collab to sell more.)

It's still one of the albums that i listen to the most, so i enjoy it, but honestly wouldn't give it too much of an artistic value to it.

I'm happy that you enjoy it, cause i do too, really, but i take it for what it is: a fun, commercial pop album, nothing more.

Edited by SHALLOW
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

GraphicModernGirl
2 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Girl your fave album is Joanne which contains lyrics like "Ayo ayo we smoking them all" "Mirror on the ceiling" Hey Girl is in its tracklist and then you have Come To Mama, with more awful lyrics, then John Wayne being Gaga AGAIN talking about how she loves a bad man and also DIC and how she masturbates. Sure, that album is a masterpiece when it comes to lyricism! 

Girl if you want metaphors go listen to Taylor Swift. This is the same woman that wrote I WANNA TAKE A RIDE ON YOUR DISCO STICK. She's fun. And of course she can be super deep sometimes. In fact, Joanne also has Angel Down, Grigio Girls, Joanne, Just Another Day, Sinner's Prayer, a lot of pretty good songwriting. Give that album a break it's been 8 years

not to be dramatic but -
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Juanlittlem
2 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I'm happy that you enjoy it, cause i do too, really, but i take it for what it is: a fun, commercial pop album, nothing more.

And sometimes thats enough! The Fame is iconic and its a fun album with quirky lyrics and it doesn't make it worse?

Hydrangea

I see we’ve been starved so long we’re eating ourselves and each other now. Nobody cares what you thought about chromatica, how about we look forward yea?

I’m a bad friend
  • LMAO 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 6

SHALLOW
Just now, Juanlittlem said:

And sometimes thats enough! The Fame is iconic and its a fun album with quirky lyrics and it doesn't make it worse?

The fame has another kind of cultural impact and yes, the lyrics were good and quirky. Chromatica is not at that level

• Thanks 1

Juanlittlem
2 minutes ago, GraphicModernGirl said:

Girl if you want metaphors go listen to Taylor Swift.

Metaphors have been in Gaga's songs since forever girl what are you talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Juanlittlem
Just now, SHALLOW said:

The fame has another kind of cultural impact and yes, the lyrics were good and quirky. Chromatica is not at that level

to you your opinion GIF

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

• Stef changed the title to LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)
  • River pinned this topic
  • Jase featured this topic