๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

opinion

LG7: Hype Train ๐Ÿš‚ ๐Ÿš‚ 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stef

Featured Posts

Hennycomb
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Hits and misses. A lot of the things that were broken on Chromatica were fixed on DoC though.

Free Woman got her revival (thank you, Rina :pray:), Replay slaps HARD, the additions to Plastic Doll and Babylon were pretty good, even if they weren't completely creative remixes, even the Stupid Love remix is kind of a vibe :music:

That mess at the end of Sine can die in a fire :huntyga:

But I hate hyperpop so that's just me :icant:

Do you mean at the end of sine from Chroma or DoC? Cause that ending from the original mix is a breakbeat and "notorious being" sounds like just the song to have a breakbeat and LG7 is the perfect album to put more of it on. I absolutely love it. Bjork's Mutual Core has it and it f-cks me uuuuuup

southpaw773
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Hits and misses. A lot of the things that were broken on Chromatica were fixed on DoC though.

Free Woman got her revival (thank you, Rina :pray:), Replay slaps HARD, the additions to Plastic Doll and Babylon were pretty good, even if they weren't completely creative remixes, even the Stupid Love remix is kind of a vibe :music:

That mess at the end of Sine can die in a fire :huntyga:

But I hate hyperpop so that's just me :icant:

I donโ€™t know what the hell they did to the Sine remix. That drop at the end is when I press skip.ย 

• Like 1

PartySick
Just now, Hennycomb said:

Do you mean at the end of sine from Chroma or DoC? Cause that ending from the original mix is a breakbeat and "notorious being" sounds like just the song to have a breakbeat and LG7 is the perfect album to put more of it on. I absolutely love it. Bjork's Mutual Core has it and it f-cks me uuuuuup

Oh no, I LOVE the end of Sine from the original version.

That ugly mess at the end of the remix is the thing I would change if they ever invented time travel.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

PartySick
Just now, southpaw773 said:

I donโ€™t know what the hell they did to the Sine remix. That drop at the end is when I press skip.ย 

I remember being excited for DoC until that was teased :ladyhaha:

Hennycomb
Just now, PartySick said:

Oh no, I LOVE the end of Sine from the original version.

That ugly mess at the end of the remix is the thing I would change if they ever invented time travel.

Ah yes, I listened to the remix a total of 2 times. The first one to get to know it and the second to try and understand it. Hate it.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

plane jane

oh yโ€™all tasteless

the SFA Remix >>> The Original Versionย 

and thatโ€™s on PERIOD!!!ย 

• YAAAS 2

tyler k

can we pls take the chromatica vs DOC discussion elsewhere omgย 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

plane jane
4 minutes ago, tyler k said:

starting to think that rumored Vogue X Steven Klein shoot is real omgย 

wait, what??!ย 

PartySick
3 minutes ago, tyler k said:

can we pls take the chromatica vs DOC discussion elsewhere omgย 

Never!

Not until pop stans understand music that goes "BURSGHBURSGHBURSGHBURSGH" is annoying and if LG7 has ANY of it @ChicaSkasย and I will be visiting Gaga's house againย :grr:

Probably to cry :franminervini:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1

Rocketno10
18 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I won't say it'sย badย :icant:

But it is her least intellectual album for sure, lyrically one of the weakest, and the production isn't "polished", it's sterile yet infested with boring, flat sounds from Bloodclot's sample packs. Don't get me started again on how the songs were gutted and mutilatedย :messga:

My favorite song from the album is Enigma and it took me going to TCB 3 times for me to even care for it at all :messga:ย aside from my own mixes and a few mixes others have sent to me, I haven't pressed play on a Chromatica song once this year :messga:

But my own music tastes have changed too so that's no surprise. I've HAD IT with modern pop. It all sounds simultaneously overproduced but underwhelming. Not a single major new release this year has stuck with me. The closest was Billie's album and I ditched it 'cause it got boring after a couple weeks :rip:

I've already lowkey accepted that I won't care for LG7 'cause the snippets and info we've heard haven't gotten me excited at all. When she was doing jazz and released Joanne I thought she was evolving as an artist and venturing into new and exciting things but Chromatica was such a backslide and LG7 just seems like it'll be her doubling down on that regression because the fans want "dArK pOp" to get pegged to in the clubย :laughga:

For now, miss Gaga is an actress to me and I'm personally ok with that since there's a plethora of music I am very into right now:whitney:

Spoiler

Nah for real, people are so excited for Gaga to go back to dance pop root, me as well. But when I first pressed play and Alice came on I was likeโ€ฆ oh noโ€ฆ oh no this is SO BAD. Fun tonight ended and my enthusiasm for the album TANKED, 911 one of my most anticipated song I was likeโ€ฆ. Okay itโ€™s cute, enigma didnโ€™t grow on me until chromatica ball thank god for that GODLY extended outro and her absolutely ENCHANTING diva walk back to the stage. Sour candy was literally one of the most BASIC K-pop song you could put out and having the most BASIC K-pop group Basic Pink absolutely did not HELP at all. Replay wasโ€ฆ very cute. Sine from above drops sound like any other edm drops back in the hay day and holy **** WTF was that drum n bass outro? Sis travel back to ****ing 2000s and canโ€™t find a way back because that **** is ANTIQUE AF burried it already! The only saving grace from that album for me was Babylon, an unapologetic queer ball room house vogue down classic. Yeah the album grew on me a lot later because itโ€™s a goddam Gaga album and you will bet your ass that I will find a way to love it. But everything else was so on the nose likeโ€ฆ. I canโ€™t

This is my initial thought on the album, it has negativity so if you donโ€™t want your vibe ruined please donโ€™t read. Of course my opinion on Chromatically has since changed but yeahโ€ฆ. These are my unfiltered thought from initial listen. Love yโ€™all lidos and Gaga of course so please donโ€™t come for me

vanus
2 hours ago, tyler k said:

i adore that ABBA-influenced sinppet... the harmonies are GORGEOUSย 

but streets are saying its AI:deadbanana:

Girl its giving parody, idk how can you think that is realย :laughga:

imma cut a bitch
  • LMAO 1

Hennycomb
2 minutes ago, Rocketno10 said:
ย  Reveal hidden contents

Nah for real, people are so excited for Gaga to go back to dance pop root, me as well. But when I first pressed play and Alice came on I was likeโ€ฆ oh noโ€ฆ oh no this is SO BAD. Fun tonight ended and my enthusiasm for the album TANKED, 911 one of my most anticipated song I was likeโ€ฆ. Okay itโ€™s cute, enigma didnโ€™t grow on me until chromatica ball thank god for that GODLY extended outro and her absolutely ENCHANTING diva walk back to the stage. Sour candy was literally one of the most BASIC K-pop song you could put out and having the most BASIC K-pop group Basic Pink absolutely did not HELP at all. Replay wasโ€ฆ very cute. Sine from above drops sound like any other edm drops back in the hay day and holy **** WTF was that drum n bass outro? Sis travel back to ****ing 2000s and canโ€™t find a way back because that **** is ANTIQUE AF burried it already! The only saving grace from that album for me was Babylon, an unapologetic queer ball room house vogue down classic. Yeah the album grew on me a lot later because itโ€™s a goddam Gaga album and you will bet your ass that I will find a way to love it. But everything else was so on the nose likeโ€ฆ. I canโ€™t

This is my initial thought on the album, it has negativity so if you donโ€™t want your vibe ruined please donโ€™t read. Of course my opinion on Chromatically has since changed but yeahโ€ฆ. These are my unfiltered thought from initial listen. Love yโ€™all lidos and Gaga of course so please donโ€™t come for me

If I'm being honest, it happened the same to me but inverted, when it was released I had those reactions and then it quickly shifted to hype and love, so I listened to the album a lot in the beginning cause it was new Gaga music, but nowadays I go back to it once a year. If she went more underground house it would've been way better (I looooove house) but she went for radio house. A miss. It's like you love CINTHIE, Huxley, Dusky etc. and someone makes you listen to Calvin Harris and David Guetta. Very disappointing for a house fan.

• Love 1

SpiritBunny

Anyways! Idk about yall but Iโ€™m excited for next week to come and nothing happens only for everyone to unanimously agree something MUST be coming the week after the next!ย :icant:

• LMAO 5

vanus
30 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I won't say it'sย badย :icant:

But it is her least intellectual album for sure, lyrically one of the weakest, and the production isn't "polished", it's sterile yet infested with boring, flat sounds from Bloodclot's sample packs. Don't get me started again on how the songs were gutted and mutilatedย :messga:

My favorite song from the album is Enigma and it took me going to TCB 3 times for me to even care for it at all :messga:ย aside from my own mixes and a few mixes others have sent to me, I haven't pressed play on a Chromatica song once this year :messga:

But my own music tastes have changed too so that's no surprise. I've HAD IT with modern pop. It all sounds simultaneously overproduced but underwhelming. Not a single major new release this year has stuck with me. The closest was Billie's album and I ditched it 'cause it got boring after a couple weeks :rip:

I've already lowkey accepted that I won't care for LG7 'cause the snippets and info we've heard haven't gotten me excited at all. When she was doing jazz and released Joanne I thought she was evolving as an artist and venturing into new and exciting things but Chromatica was such a backslide and LG7 just seems like it'll be her doubling down on that regression because the fans want "dArK pOp" to get pegged to in the clubย :laughga:

For now, miss Gaga is an actress to me and I'm personally ok with that since there's a plethora of music I am very into right now:whitney:

See you when abracadabra comes out, far goat ย :ororomunroe:

imma cut a bitch
  • LMAO 1

PartySick
1 minute ago, Rocketno10 said:
ย  Hide contents

I do not share some of those opinions but honestly I feel the moodย :franminervini:

On my first listen, I was only annoyed with Alice 'cause it was so short and missing so much, structurally and sonically. It felt flat which isn't something SL and ROM suffered from so I vibed with them. Discovering the mutilated corpse of Free Woman really put me off the rest of the album until Sine came around. I've always loved Sine, outro included :flower:ย the slight dissonance from the strings, the melody is beautiful, vocals are great, the lyrics are probably the best on the album, it was immediately the 10/10 for me.

Then all the steam from that was lost 'cause 1000 Doves was made to sound like a Cher reject (the actual ballad version is beautiful). Babylon had to grow on me too 'cause there was too much missing compared to the demo (even though I ended up liking the album version more in the end).

I was always lukewarm at best on Chromatica. It didn't resonate as well as Joanne did for me and it was missing the spark ARTPOP and BTW had, but you could tell she was reaching for that decade old spark rather than just moving forward.

I was disappointed by Chromatica for the same reason I was disappointed by Alien: Covenant (which I also ended up loving anyway hiย :cheeky:). Ridley Scott made this new film in the Alien universe exploring human origins, mythology, and a brand new storyline. It was received with mixed results, much like Joanne, but it was perfect in my eyes and I was so excited for what was next. Then he caved to the people who cried "nooo we want another alien slasher film", just like Gaga ditched what she was working on to make Chromatica as a "return to form". But I don't personally value "returning to form" :madge:

I'm too lazy to turn my phone and put all this in a spoiler, feel free to disregard my opinions anywayย :cheeky:

• Like 1