Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
achievement

LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)

Stef

Featured Posts

buzzkill
1 minute ago, Gorehound said:

what a pointless comment.

right back at ya

Gorehound
13 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

right back at ya

I don't see anything pointless about what I posted, nor did it need a random passive aggressive response. I was just expressing my disappointment that we have to wait a few more months for the album, and my hopes for more than one single before hand to keep us fed. We've all waited so long and are all so excited for LG7.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta

buzzkill
4 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

we have to wait a few more months for the album

see, that's what you have to do, i have to do, we all have to do. complaining won't change a thing, nor try to create beef online will. hope you enjoy the ride, single coming next month! 

Edited by buzzkill
  • Like 1

Gorehound
Just now, buzzkill said:

see, that's what you have to do, i have to do, we all have to do. complaining won't change a thing, nor try to create beef online will. hope you enjoy the ride, single coming new month! 

you started it hun. I'm not looking for any beef. 

But don't just shut people down when they express how they feel about things. Thanks x

And yes! Single next month :woohoo:

I'm fine, Ta
  • Love 1

LeafBug

I am never trusting this bitch again. Should have learned my lesson the last hundred million (reasons) times. 
Canadian Lol GIF

Edited by Roronoa
  • LMAO 4

chewing on pearls
2 hours ago, FATCAT said:

It's literally just the holidays. Novermber 27th - January 6th are basically just Christmas music streaming 24/7.

omg I forgot about the holidays lmao... not me making a whole list

• LMAO 1

Monet
3 hours ago, James Gibson said:

E isso acontece muito porque o nome da Gaga atrai muito interesse e todo mundo observa micro detalhe dela. Aí percebem um padrão de repetir histórias em entrevistas ou relatos que parecem absurdos.

Mas se tivessem o esforço de observar o que outros atores falam quando promovem um filme iam ver cada atrocidade. A própria Jessica Chastain que ganhou o Oscar no ano de HoG que falava de fantasma da Tammy Faye e umas ligações bizarrissimas.

Eu costumo dizer que a Gaga não é mentirosa, só louca e emocionada mesmo hauhauah

Exato. E isso de repetir histórias em entrevistas... todo ator faz isso, pq pasme! As perguntas nessas cabines de imprensa também são extremamente repetitivas. Pode pegar qualquer um, que 50% das resposta são sempre a mesma ladainha.

E todo ator também tem essas brisas pra entrar no personagem. É algo "normal" pra eles, sabe? Aí vem esse povo sem opinião própria e fica falando que a Gaga começou a fanficar com aquela notícia que ela desaprendeu a cantar, sendo que no contexto da fala dela e no do próprio filme, faz sentido :toofunny:

E a gente pode até pensar que é só uma coisinha da internet, mas o lance do 99 people in a room virou piada dos apresentadores do Globo de Ouro, sabe? Tipo, isso chegou na indústria...

• Thanks 1

Monet
4 hours ago, FATCAT said:

It's literally just the holidays. Novermber 27th - January 6th are basically just Christmas music streaming 24/7.

Last year, Christmas music were already dominating way before November 27th :bear: It's basically 2 months/1 month and a half of this now

BlingNotTheMusic
4 hours ago, Gorehound said:

Does anyone else feel a bit gutted that Gaga is ‘allegedly’ making us wait another 5 months before we actually get to hear LG7, when the music is clearly already finished? That’s one month short of half a year!

I don’t really see why she feels the need to give this album such a long rollout when the likes of Beyoncé and Billie cope just fine with a quick full album drop.

I’m totally stoked for the lead single in October tho, and we’ll hopefully get more singles between October and February.

4 hours ago, poeticprose said:

I do, I really do. It seems now unnecessary and quite rude to make all those teasers, snippets and them the actual album is coming out 4, 5 months after. Not to mention it's dated asf. :max:

3 hours ago, poeticprose said:

between the paris snippets and february 2025, that's almost a year. It's a lot of time.

There will be no second single before the album. Let's accept that before some "insider" starts to "leak" imaginary discussions between Gaga and interscope. :stalkga:

3 hours ago, EvilBunny said:

And also: charli release the first single from BRAT in February, and the album only came in June. It became her most successful work to date. So… it really comes down to how interesting the era and music will be. 

1 hour ago, Roronoa said:

I am never trusting this bitch again. Should have learned my lesson the last hundred million (reasons) times. 
Canadian Lol GIF

Yeah tbh as a long time fan since The Fame, I'm honestly incredibly disappointed we are waiting so long for the album. Especially after she teased it in May, "my fans hate when I say 'soon' but 'soon!'", along with her designer's August album tease, the Paris snippets in July, the "can't wait for you hear what I've been working on", "fantasizing about releasing all my new music at once", etc, on top of it nearly being FIVE years since the release of her last album. It seems Gaga must have gotten her way in negotiating with Interscope for a longer era instead of a Billie-style drop. :vegas:

Also, although other artists have had successful eras after 4 month spans between lead and album, this time around you'll have Halloween, US election, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. We saw how Radical Optimism panned out. And although Future Nostalgia did well, I think circumstances may have been different if it weren't for COVID.

All in all, we just have to accept it for what it is. I do hope that given the long gap and busy time of year, there will be a lot of album content (additional singles, visuals, interviews, TikToks or SM teases, etc) to keep fans engaged over time and maintain everyone's interest. Although the hype is clearly high right now, we've seen how attention spans fizzle after waiting too long to release the album.

At any rate, we DO have this "surprise project" and I genuinely think we will be getting additional content prior to the new album, so let's see what the good sis has in store. :anveeroy:

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu
  • Love 3

Noah

Am I missing anything?

in Terms of possible Promo Opportunities for LG7:

Generally: SNL, Late Night Shows (Kimmel, Fallon), Daytime Shows (Kelly, Jennifer)

November: BBMA (10th), EMA (17th)

December: the various NYE Broadcasts

January: -

February: Grammys (2nd)

March: -

April: iHeart Music Awards (6th)

May: AMA (no date yet)

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

EvilBunny
6 minutes ago, Noah said:

Am I missing anything?

Generally: SNL, Late Night Shows (Kimmel, Fallon), Daytime Shows (Kelly, Jennifer)

We have the SuperBowl in February too! Beyoncé released a Cowboy Carter commercial there. I hope Gaga pull up something similar 

• Like 1

Juanlittlem
8 minutes ago, Noah said:

Am I missing anything?

Coachella? Considering she was planning a show for Chromatica they might opt for it this time again, its happening in mid/late april.

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • YAAAS 2

NATAH
11 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Coachella? Considering she was planning a show for Chromatica they might opt for it this time again, its happening in mid/late april.

PLEEEEAAAAASSEEEEEEEEEEE :giveup:

mother, what must i do?
  • Thanks 1

SpiritBunny

Yall still talking about the feb release lol like ok let’s move on to something else. It is what it is. 

• Thanks 2

Darcklighter22
9 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Just think she's avoiding releasing full album in the middle of music industry freeze in December and US election in November. That will let her the opportunity to release a 2nd single in January. 

I don't think it's tied to any other project, she also probably want Joker, DWAS and LG7 lead single breathe a bit and have their moment.

Oh absolutely,  that's the only reason I see her releasing so late after the lead but in that same mindset she could just wait to release the lead until closer to the album since the stretch between both seems big in how music is consumed these days with streaming and all. I don't mind waiting since it was the same gap between BTW the song vs the album.