💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

achievement

LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)

Stef

Featured Posts

gagzus
2 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Ain’t no way the album isn’t out by the end of the year. It’s not 2011 anymore, there’s no need and no appetite for multi month hype building periods between lead single release + album drop. 

We say this as if Chromatica wasn’t originally meant to be coming out months after Stupid Love, without COVID :messga: 

Also I think people are confused about why I think February, I’m not concerned about hype or taking time to hype it. I’m on about IF they want the album to have the most chance of making massive sales they should wait till everything’s clear. That’s the main thought I’m having.

Edited by gagzus
  • Like 1

Ladle Ghoulash
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

We say this as if Chromatica wasn’t originally meant to be coming out months after Stupid Love, without COVID :messga: 

The timeline you gave was a 6 month gap between lead single and album drop lolol. Not to mention that, before COVID, the album was slated to come out 1.5 months after SL. So, barring another global catastrophe, I’d say it’s fair to assume the album will come out within 1-2 months of the lead single (ie before the end of the year).

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Edonis
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

Chromatica was originally set to come out April, about a month and half after Stupid Love's release. 

Anyways, I'm not disagreeing that the album may not possibly come out in 2025, but no way would it be February unless she plans to have 2-3 singles before the album drop. Realistically the album either comes out in November/December or early January. Not February/March/April (!!!) like some are saying. 

I can definitely be wrong though. 

Ladle Ghoulash
7 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Also I think people are confused about why I think February, I’m not concerned about hype or taking time to hype it. I’m on about IF they want the album to have the most chance of making massive sales they should wait till everything’s clear. That’s the main thought I’m having.

Re: the second half of your post: I actually think that timeline has the opposite effect- by needlessly dragging out the pre-album era, you exhaust the hype and media blitz of JFAD + LG7 lead and risk the audience losing interest. IMO, I agree with you that the tour still happens summer 2025 (post-Oscars etc), but I don’t see any benefit of waiting that long to release and I actually see a substantial downside in not capitalizing on JFAD and frustrating the audience with a needlessly long break between single + album, especially given that she’s been teasing it for most of this year as well. 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Like 1

Edonis

And just adding to the comment made earlier about LG7 and DWAS @gagzus, Gaga said in the article that she was finishing up her new album when Bruno made to call to ask about hopping on the track. I find it extremely unlikely they'll sit on new material for 8 months unless her team is really pushing a lucrative and intense roll-out that warrants a long-ass era lol

• Thanks 2

ProfessionalClown
6 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I’m on about IF they want the album to have the most chance of making massive sales they should wait till everything’s clear.

that still works with hype though. If they wait til february, it will flop massively. The hype will be nearly dead, Joker will have more promo than LG7 at that point, and it’ll just be a waiting game. Also i don’t really want a darker album (judging from the snippets) nearing spring. It would be a huge HUGE mistake and would pretty much guarantee a flop erax

Single and album in october, play it up for the spooky season, lead it ride for november, december will be holiday season so maybe do some fun stuff therezc and second single in january/feb to go with  award season and the hype she has there,

Hyping the album with Joker hype will do more good than waiting 

• Thanks 3

gagzus
Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said:

The timeline you gave was a 6 month gap between lead single and album drop lolol. Not to mention that, before COVID, the album was slated to come out 1.5 months after SL. Not really fair comparison. 

The timeline I gave was 3 months and maybe a week? I said drop the single around Halloween (Oct 25th) to match the vibes of the music with a music video. Then a week later when it inevitably is number 1 (Nov 1st) announce the album release date for say February 7th. 

She could then drop the album art and track list near Xmas time as a gift to fans. After the new year announce a tour for the summer, with tickets going on sale either on the same day as the album release or at the end of February to keep the numbers of the album up with album inclusion bundles. Then announce in January a second single/music video for the same day the album comes out.

Ladle Ghoulash
4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

The timeline I gave was 3 months and maybe a week? I said drop the single around Halloween (Oct 25th) to match the vibes of the music with a music video. Then a week later when it inevitably is number 1 (Nov 1st) announce the album release date for say February 7th. 

She could then drop the album art and track list near Xmas time as a gift to fans. After the new year announce a tour for the summer, with tickets going on sale either on the same day as the album release or at the end of February to keep the numbers of the album up with album inclusion bundles. Then announce in January a second single/music video for the same day the album comes out.

No, you said the single would come out in October and the album wouldn’t drop until March. That’s about 5.5-6 months (and even if it were only 3 months, that’s still on the longer side for a pre-album era in today’s market) 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash

Luna Lovegood
2 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Also i don’t really want a darker album (judging from the snippets) nearing spring.

you saying this when The Weeknd literally released Blinding Lights in January and his album After Hours on March. and we know that era has very dark concept vibe yet was commercially successful. if it’s a hit, it’s a HIT no matter the season. it just needs to click with the GP. the important thing for LG7 to succeed is have a strong lead that click with the GP, and don’t release the album during holiday season aka December. i’m fine with her releasing both lead and album around late oct early november or early feb.

luna’s advocate
  • Like 1

buzzkill
14 minutes ago, gagzus said:

It was coming april 10th? Not sure, but it was like one month and a week after SL

• Thanks 1

Idaius
18 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Chromatica’s original release date (April 10) was only six weeks after Stupid Love dropped (Feb 28), but then the pandemic shut things down three weeks before and we were all really in the dark about what was going on or when things would come back. The album, even with a pandemic intervening was released only three months after the first single. (May 29)

I really don’t think it’s crazy to suggest this album will be out before the end of November, folks. 

Edited by Idaius
  • Thanks 4

Reality

Yeah, I don't see her dropping the album next year. If that were the case, I think she'd want to release the single closer to the end of the year or early next year to minimize the gap between the lead and the album. Waiting 4+ months from the lead to the album is crazy.

Maybe the whole "fantasizing about releasing my new music all at once" thing was more than a cheeky TikTok. Honestly, I could see her releasing the lead in mid-October and then releasing the album in late October/early November. I think the fact that she's releasing the lead at all in October shows that she—for whatever reason—wants to overlap Joker 2 and LG7 promo. I don't think she'd have a problem releasing her album shortly after Joker 2, especially if LG7 is "dark," which perfectly coincides with Joker 2's tone and aesthetics.

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

buzzkill

But yes i do think it’s a 2025 album. But gaguita does love a november release, but we shall see

southpaw773
26 minutes ago, Phoenix Rises said:

Single 10/18 Album 11/12 or 11/19 I predict :cheeky: . That would give six weeks for pre orders from single release. I think November will mimic ARTPOP's release:holdmyhand:

LG7 for my birthday ahhhhhhhhh!!!!

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Ladle Ghoulash
2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yeah, I don't see her dropping the album next year. If that were the case, I think she'd want to release the single closer to the end of the year or early next year to minimize the gap between the lead and the album. Waiting 4+ months from the lead to the album is crazy.

Maybe the whole "fantasizing about releasing my new music all at once" thing was more than a cheeky TikTok. Honestly, I could see her releasing the lead in mid-October and then releasing the album in late October/early November. I think the fact that she's releasing the lead at all in October shows that she—for whatever reason—wants to overlap Joker 2 and LG7 promo. I don't think she'd have a problem releasing her album shortly after Joker 2, especially if LG7 is "dark," which perfectly coincides with Joker 2's tone and aesthetics.

That’s honestly what I’ve been thinking, too. Dropping a whole spooky album in tandem w/ JFAD right before Halloween would be an absolute serve 

• YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1