achievement

LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)

Stef

Featured Posts

TortureMeOnReplay
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

I still think the album isn’t coming till 2025, I suspect the first single will come around Halloween time. Since BM’s success she seems to have realised people love her dark and spooky heavy dance songs and she’s gone with the Halloween season to release it.

But I suspect she’ll release a second single in February and the album in March still then tour in the summer.

Single 11th Album 25th!

• LMAO 1

gagzus
1 minute ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Single 11th Album 25th!

November is when Xmas music starts to creep in, then December is a blackout for non-holiday stuff, nobody has money in January so releasing a new album before February makes no sense to me personally. 

Unless the album gets massive hype and people buy ppl it for Xmas as a gift physically, but I doubt it bc we aren’t in 2009.

TortureMeOnReplay
4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

November is when Xmas music starts to creep in, then December is a blackout for non-holiday stuff, nobody has money in January so releasing a new album before February makes no sense to me personally. 

Unless the album gets massive hype and people buy ppl it for Xmas as a gift physically, but I doubt it bc we aren’t in 2009.

With Gaga condensing so much promo into such a small space, do you think she will let LG7 hype evaporate over the course of 4 months? She's not gonna do all that promo twice (for FAD then LG7). TFM and AP both came out in Nov and Joanne in Oct. Single, album, and tour announcements could very well be done at the same time just like Chromatica. She'll probably do an initial list of cities and then add more towards end of Novemberish to capitalize on people getting tickets for Christmas. As well as all the merch and variants she could sell over the holiday season. Adele's 25 and 30 released just fine in November too. 

• Like 1

gagzus
14 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

With Gaga condensing so much promo into such a small space, do you think she will let LG7 hype evaporate over the course of 4 months? She's not gonna do all that promo twice (for FAD then LG7). TFM and AP both came out in Nov and Joanne in Oct. Single, album, and tour announcements could very well be done at the same time just like Chromatica. She'll probably do an initial list of cities and then add more towards end of Novemberish to capitalize on people getting tickets for Christmas. As well as all the merch and variants she could sell over the holiday season. Adele's 25 and 30 released just fine in November too. 

She won’t be wasting hype because it’s obvious they’re gonna push the film and the actors for Oscar noms because it falls into the eligibility period, and the campaigning season goes on from now in Venice til the night of the Oscars in March (Should they get nominated). So she will still be promoting it into 2025, she can still hype up her album and a tour during that time.

I get what you’re saying, however, TFM came out in 2009 when streaming was basically nonexistent when it came to influences on the charts. For an album or song to chart you had to physically buy it back then in stores or on iTunes, most of the Christmas music back then during the holidays was from CDs every family had since CDs were created, plus TFM had longevity as fans bought it, people bought it to give to people as a physical Xmas gift and you could purchase it as the EP or as TF re-release. ARTPOP came out when streaming was just starting to become bigger and Joanne’s sales basically fizzled out by the time Xmas came around and even then streaming isn’t the giant then that it is now.

Adele is an exception because she’s Adele and her music is much more “fall appropriate” you could say PLUS she’s both a physical and streaming giant. 

The second it gets close to Thanksgiving in the states for example, because of streaming, Christmas music starts rising and all the singles from everyone starts falling. Nobody is gonna be listening to an industrial influenced dancepop song during that period. 10-15 years ago you were fine because everyone used to focus on physicals, and the Xmas music you would listen to used to be off CDs you had since the 90s-2000s mostly. In 2024 individual songs takeover the entire top 40 because of streaming.

I’d say she is likely to get another #1 before the dip bc of her current streaming power thanks to DWAS, and by the end of the holidays she could still be in the top 40 with DWAS (but I doubt the lead).

In MY opinion should honestly release the single and then to celebrate it going (or if we’re lucky DEBUTING) #1 she should announce the album release date (February 2025) and announce tour dates for summer 2025, with the tickets going on sale the day the album comes out so they can use ticket + album bundles to make her have that 1m first week again.

Edited by gagzus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gerrygaga

We've made it yaaaaaas :party: aside from LG7 coming, looks like Joker 2 Soundtrack is gonna be (technically) another Gaga album like A Star Is Born Soundtrack. OH THE FOOD WE ARE ABOUT TO CONSUME :excited:

ProfessionalClown
33 minutes ago, gagzus said:

single in october album out february is not possible at all. at latest november cuz 2025 makes 0 sense from all sides imo.

ProfessionalClown
14 minutes ago, gagzus said:

she should announce the album release date (February 2025)

waiting 4 months after the album has been ready for 2/3 months and was supposed to be out last month is CRAZY. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

gagzus
1 minute ago, ProfessionalClown said:

single in october album out february is not possible at all. at latest november cuz 2025 makes 0 sense from all sides imo.

How though, can you elaborate on why you think so? It makes perfect sense to me based on just the thoughts I posted further up.

2 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

waiting 4 months after the album has been ready for 2/3 months and was supposed to be out last month is CRAZY. 

We don’t know the album is ready though? When did she say she’d finished the album? And that it was supposed to be out in August? We don’t have any confirmation it’s done at all, only the words of “insiders” and users on here which means legit nothing.

Gaga notoriously works on her albums to the eleventh hour, plus even just historically her albums are NEVER finished when she releases the first single. TFM was the last time an “album” (EP) was finished by the time the lead single was out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

buzzkill
6 minutes ago, gagzus said:

How though, can you elaborate on why you think so? It makes perfect sense to me based on just the thoughts I posted further up.

We don’t know the album is ready though? When did she say she’d finished the album? And that it was supposed to be out in August? We don’t have any confirmation it’s done at all, only the words of “insiders” and users on here which means legit nothing.

Gaga notoriously works on her albums to the eleventh hour, plus even just historically her albums are NEVER finished when she releases the first single. TFM was the last time an “album” (EP) was finished by the time the lead single was out. 

Didnt she herself already state in a interview the album was done by june before going in the studio with Bruno? 

gagzus

Also random but DWAS has been #1 on TBT40 in the UK for the last 2 weeks her first time since 2020

gagzus
4 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

Didnt she herself already state in an interview the album was done by june before going in the studio with Bruno? 

I thought she said she was working on the album not finishing it?

Plus beyond recording, there’s mixing and mastering and then Interscope now usually needs 6 weeks for pre-orders for Vinyl pressing so she should’ve announced the release date by now if it’s coming in November.

• Like 1

TortureMeOnReplay
23 minutes ago, gagzus said:

She won’t be wasting hype because it’s obvious they’re gonna push the film and the actors for Oscar noms because it falls into the eligibility period, and the campaigning season goes on from now in Venice til the night of the Oscars in March (Should they get nominated). So she will still be promoting it into 2025, she can still hype up her album and a tour during that time.

I get what you’re saying, however, TFM came out in 2009 when streaming was basically nonexistent when it came to influences on the charts. For an album or song to chart you had to physically buy it back then in stores or on iTunes, most of the Christmas music back then during the holidays was from CDs every family had since CDs were created, plus TFM had longevity as fans bought it, people bought it to give to people as a physical Xmas gift and you could purchase it as the EP or as TF re-release. ARTPOP came out when streaming was just starting to become bigger and Joanne’s sales basically fizzled out by the time Xmas came around and even then streaming isn’t the giant then that it is now.

Adele is an exception because she’s Adele and her music is much more “fall appropriate” you could say PLUS she’s both a physical and streaming giant. 

The second it gets close to Thanksgiving in the states for example, because of streaming, Christmas music starts rising and all the singles from everyone starts falling. Nobody is gonna be listening to an industrial influenced dancepop song during that period. 10-15 years ago you were fine because everyone used to focus on physicals, and the Xmas music you would listen to used to be off CDs you had since the 90s-2000s mostly. In 2024 individual songs takeover the entire top 40 because of streaming.

I’d say she is likely to get another #1 before the dip bc of her current streaming power thanks to DWAS, and by the end of the holidays she could still be in the top 40 with DWAS (but I doubt the lead).

In MY opinion should honestly release the single and then to celebrate it going (or if we’re lucky DEBUTING) #1 she should announce the album release date (February 2025) and announce tour dates for summer 2025, with the tickets going on sale the day the album comes out so they can use ticket + album bundles to make her have that 1m first week again.

Her team has been aligning Gaga more closely to Adele in the public's eyes for almost the past 10 years. Yes Adele is adored by the public but the thing that always gets people is in part the news coverage. Gaga is probably gonna be leveraging FAD for that. Yes she can promote through March, but the push is gonna be hardest in the beginning when the studio is trying to smash timed records. Media outlets aren't gonna be interested in having Gaga on to talk about FAD 2 months after it's been released, that's not news to them anymore at that point. And Gaga isn't gonna go do a show in October and then go back in February for her album. She's eating through tv in October, riding praise articles and box office articles for a few weeks, then probably doing a few big articles along with a magazine spread and a AM/Zane interview for the album and having them touch on how FAD cultivated her mindset for the album. 

I feel you're fair to say that streaming has changed a lot and it's hard to compare her prior releases because of that. But you're also failing to mention the impact that radio had and still has. A big reason Christmas music takes over majority of the top 40 is because the industry let's it. Gaga's November releases were also all aware of Christmas music but I'm sure the label knew they would not have to fight with many of her contemporaries and that still holds true. With Tik Tok nothing ever gets longevity anymore anyways and you might as well capitalize on music when you can. 

Phoenix Rises

Single 10/18 Album 11/12 or 11/19 I predict :cheeky: . That would give six weeks for pre orders from single release. I think November will mimic ARTPOP's release:holdmyhand:

spread love ,kindness & compassion đź‘ąđź–¤!!!!
  • Like 1

gagzus
5 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Her team has been aligning Gaga more closely to Adele in the public's eyes for almost the past 10 years. Yes Adele is adored by the public but the thing that always gets people is in part the news coverage. Gaga is probably gonna be leveraging FAD for that. Yes she can promote through March, but the push is gonna be hardest in the beginning when the studio is trying to smash timed records. Media outlets aren't gonna be interested in having Gaga on to talk about FAD 2 months after it's been released, that's not news to them anymore at that point. And Gaga isn't gonna go do a show in October and then go back in February for her album. She's eating through tv in October, riding praise articles and box office articles for a few weeks, then probably doing a few big articles along with a magazine spread and a AM/Zane interview for the album and having them touch on how FAD cultivated her mindset for the album. 

I feel you're fair to say that streaming has changed a lot and it's hard to compare her prior releases because of that. But you're also failing to mention the impact that radio had and still has. A big reason Christmas music takes over majority of the top 40 is because the industry let's it. Gaga's November releases were also all aware of Christmas music but I'm sure the label knew they would not have to fight with many of her contemporaries and that still holds true. With Tik Tok nothing ever gets longevity anymore anyways and you might as well capitalize on music when you can. 

All very possible, I still personally think we won’t get an album till at the earliest early February 2025. BUT I’m more than happy to be wrong and have music sooner.

But for me I feel this is her real comeback album and her first album in almost 11 years that hasn’t had some form of hindrance to ruin it’s role out and reception. And I want her to pull the numbers as well as give us, what I’m expecting to be; her most critically acclaimed album.

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

I still think the album isn’t coming till 2025, I suspect the first single will come around Halloween time. Since BM’s success she seems to have realised people love her dark and spooky heavy dance songs and she’s gone with the Halloween season to release it.

But I suspect she’ll release a second single in February and the album in March still then tour in the summer.

Ain’t no way the album isn’t out by the end of the year. It’s not 2011 anymore, there’s no need and no appetite for multi month hype building periods between lead single release + album drop. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1