💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

HoG’s High Audience Score

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

i was just looking at an audience score on rotten tomatoes and wanted to get some comparison points so i looked up a few random movies. i decided to look up HoG and was shocked to see how good the audience score is?? it appears a lot of regular people liked the movie way better than a lot of us did (myself included). i wish i could post the link because i’m reading through all the audience reviews right now, and all these middle-aged straight people are praising gaga. and they’re from verified average people, not stans spamming!! i highly recommend scrolling through and reading for a smile!! the GP really loves seeing her in movies.

just imagine how much they’ll love seeing her in a really good one!! fingers crossed for october

Edited by EGOT2027
  • Like 2

• EGOT2027 changed the title to HoG’s High Audience Score
Helxig

I think the general consensus was that Gaga did a spectacular job, but the movie itself kinda dragged (and Jared Leto was a weird Italian caricature :laughga: )

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1

EGOT2027
6 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I think the general consensus was that Gaga did a spectacular job, but the movie itself kinda dragged (and Jared Leto was a weird Italian caricature :laughga: )

oh i know. i just didn’t expect so many patricias and leslies to be writing “lady gaga deserves an academy award” and “gaga is really coming into her own as an actress”

• LMAO 1

Future Lovers

I wouldn't take that audience score as a sign of regular people loving it as much as that number suggests for two reasons:

1. There were a lot of fans who rushed to flood the movie sites with positive talk for the film, especially as the critical response kept going lower and lower. It was spammed on RT, IMDB, and Lettboxd all three, but a lot of these reviews seem to've been filtered by all three parties via their spam filters. 

2. You have to understand what the RT score (critic and audience) actually means. Rotten Tomatoes considers anything 6/10 or higher to be fresh. So take House of Gucci's 83% audience score. That doesn't mean the average consensus is that the movie is an 8.3/10, it means that 83% of the people who reviewed it thought it was at least a 6/10. It has an average score of 3.9/5 which is 78%, reflective of the larger sample size than RT actually readily displays.

What I mean by that last part is Rotten Tomatoes now only displays openly on a movie's page the Verified Audience Score which means someone confirmed their ticket purchase through the website Fandango which is owned by Rotten Tomatoes. This is a misleading sample because most film goers today don't use Fandango anymore. Fandango was popular in the time before theater chains had their own apps because it allowed you to purchase tickets digitally and have them on your phone.

But since theater chains began to come out with their own ways to do this, Fandango is not usually people's go to for ticket buying. This means that the majority of audiences seeing a film can't get their ticket verified on RT since at this time the site doesn't offer a way to verify a ticket bought via the theater directly. RT still allows these audience members to rate the film, but they hide the All Audience rating in a pop up menu. 

HoG has an 83% verified audience rating (meaning people who verified their Fandango ticket purchase), but a look at the pop up menu shows an All Audience rating of just 74% which I feel is much more in line with how general audiences really felt. 

The 78% average is the average when Verified Audience and non-Verified Audience scores are combined. 

Edited by Future Lovers

Helxig
43 minutes ago, EGOT2027 said:

oh i know. i just didn’t expect so many patricias and leslies to be writing “lady gaga deserves an academy award” and “gaga is really coming into her own as an actress”

Her talent is literally undeniable tbh! And I'm sure what changed all their minds was actually ASIB :laughga:   which was such a great start to her film career tbh. Smart move

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

HermioneT

I have never understood what's with the hate for HOG here on GGD:triggered: isn't a stellar or outstanding movie for sure, but it it is still a fun and great movie. Everyone who went to see it with me enjoyed it a lot. Not everyone is a film critic:iamfair:

She / hers
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1