TEANUS

Vogue is like the ultimate dance-pop song, one of the best songs of all time

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

BlingNotTheMusic

Vogue, easy.

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu
  • Like 1

Edonis

All bops. If Babylon was longer and had a bridge, I'd probably vote it over Vogue because I prefer the metaphor and wordplay in the lyrics. My ranking is Vogue > Babylon > Yes and?

Check out house songs from 1989 - 1992 if you like the sound in those tracks. There is a definitive magical quality in classic house, especially when combined with dancepop. 

• Thanks 2

Borisapillar

I’d like Babylon if I understood one single thing about what tf it’s supposed to be about

• LMAO 1

BlingNotTheMusic
7 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

I’d like Babylon if I understood one single thing about what tf it’s supposed to be about

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

It's honestly just about partying like your life depends on it :enigma:

• LMAO 1

Borisapillar
5 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

It's honestly just about partying like your life depends on it :enigma:

Ok sure but what does that have to do with Babylon 

BlingNotTheMusic
10 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

Ok sure but what does that have to do with Babylon 

I think this reddit post (Emxbelle13) does a good job of explaining it: "

As far as Babylon goes. Here's an excerpt from a website I found that kind of explain the history behind the allusion she's using: 

"In the Bible’s Tower of Babel story, the citizens of the ancient city of Babylon were unable to understand each other after God changed their languages, creating chaos and miscommunication. A homophone for the name of the city, “babble on” is thus an adequate phrase to represent the meaningless, incoherent type of communication happening in the Tower of Babel narrative.

Babylon is also generally considered a representation of wickedness. In the Book of Revelation, “BABYLON THE GREAT” is written on the forehead of a demonic beast.

Gaga therefore contextualizes gossip as both an evil thing and a dysfunctional form of communication. Celebrities—artists, particularly—are subject to loads of toxic gossip throughout their time in fame. Gaga herself has battled gossipy rumors about anything from her romances to her gender identity to her use of imagery. ". Genius lyrics webpage" 

So she's basically saying we only have the weekend so you might as well live it up, fck the haters and do what you want. 

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
  • Thanks 1

holy scheisse
23 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

Agreed it’s a lyrical mess. But stans will claim it’s genius and deep dive into its supposedly profound meaning :traumatica:

• Like 1

Anderson123

Vogue is one of the best songs of all time. I could've been a delusional fan and vote for Babylon and it's such a catchy and clever song with the word play but like many Gaga songs, it's yet ANOTHER waste of a potential single that deserved a music video.

Edited by Anderson123

holy scheisse
5 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I think this reddit post (Emxbelle13) does a good job of explaining it: "

As far as Babylon goes. Here's an excerpt from a website I found that kind of explain the history behind the allusion she's using: 

"In the Bible’s Tower of Babel story, the citizens of the ancient city of Babylon were unable to understand each other after God changed their languages, creating chaos and miscommunication. A homophone for the name of the city, “babble on” is thus an adequate phrase to represent the meaningless, incoherent type of communication happening in the Tower of Babel narrative.

Babylon is also generally considered a representation of wickedness. In the Book of Revelation, “BABYLON THE GREAT” is written on the forehead of a demonic beast.

Gaga therefore contextualizes gossip as both an evil thing and a dysfunctional form of communication. Celebrities—artists, particularly—are subject to loads of toxic gossip throughout their time in fame. Gaga herself has battled gossipy rumors about anything from her romances to her gender identity to her use of imagery. ". Genius lyrics webpage" 

Babble on is word play for Babylon also

Fair but the verses don’t allude to any of this deep meaning at all they’re just about like partying and using random metaphors from different time periods lmao 

And don’t even get me started on wtf does “it’s the thing that you being that you bring that you bring him you and me” mean:messga:

Edited by holy scheisse
  • Thanks 2