InTheCloset 21,890 Posted January 11, 2024 Share Posted January 11, 2024 7 hours ago, Dennis said: Ok but can the cop with the glasses stop distracting us, he's so fine I just saw him and im queefing. So fine #RaidTheCloset Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Noah X 5,250 Posted January 11, 2024 Share Posted January 11, 2024 5 hours ago, Dennis said: Nah it's because I've seen the same footage from other angles in other videos He is so hot, I am contemplating on committing a crime so he can shackle me up and escort me to the jail showers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Juanlittlem 49,671 Posted January 11, 2024 Share Posted January 11, 2024 2 hours ago, Nedster said: He is so hot, I am contemplating on committing a crime so he can shackle me up and escort me to the jail showers Where have I seen that scene before? Estàvem al cel, ara estem a l'infern Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Horny Chicken 11,209 Posted January 11, 2024 Share Posted January 11, 2024 9 hours ago, Dennis said: Nah it's because I've seen the same footage from other angles in other videos Glasses Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CautiousLurker 19,973 Posted January 11, 2024 Share Posted January 11, 2024 6 hours ago, Economy said: I do think equating an outburst of the moment to outright attempted murder is lowkey slightly harsh. Also was that even his intent or did he just wanna beat her up? Just beating someone up can lead to a person's death - I don't have a problem with the charge, if anything, more of such outbursts should be considered as attempts on someone's life - I've heard too many instances of murderers saying 'I didn't realize that would kill em'. That's not to say he deserves to rot in prison or whatnot, but I do think trying to throw fists should be considered as threats on someone's life as opposed to they just wanted to rough em up. I think it's absurd that some victims of assault spend way more time recovering than their assailants spend behind bars. It's a joke! When you give me that look, it's a joke! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted January 11, 2024 Share Posted January 11, 2024 7 hours ago, CautiousLurker said: Just beating someone up can lead to a person's death - I don't have a problem with the charge, if anything, more of such outbursts should be considered as attempts on someone's life - I've heard too many instances of murderers saying 'I didn't realize that would kill em'. That's not to say he deserves to rot in prison or whatnot, but I do think trying to throw fists should be considered as threats on someone's life as opposed to they just wanted to rough em up. I think it's absurd that some victims of assault spend way more time recovering than their assailants spend behind bars. Yes it CAN result in death but unless thats the result or clearly the intent understand the wording. They call it "attempted" murder. As in something you TRIED to do Putting ppl with an outburst of the moment automatically in the same category as someone attempting this willfully and thought out just seems like a mismatch of severity If that is not ur intent but ur outburst leads to death, its not like u cant still be charged with murder at that point otherwise Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted January 11, 2024 Share Posted January 11, 2024 13 hours ago, PartySick said: I think he stated afterwards that he did wanna kill her But yeah, he's not of sound mind and it'd benefit him and society more if he had some serious psychotherapy on top of his prison sentence rather than just putting him in a cell and losing the key. Well that definitely doesnt help him then and is gonna screw him over But i do wonder if he ACTUALLY meant it. When ur enraged u say stuff in the moment all the time u dont REALLY actually mean Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HelloHangoverz 17,452 Posted January 11, 2024 Share Posted January 11, 2024 21 hours ago, PartySick said: Really sad tbh. It sounds like he was born addicted to drugs that his mother used when she was pregnant which threw off his entire mental and emotional state, making him quick to anger and irrational behavior. Had the US built some form of true mental health care and focused on rehabilitation rather than "lock 'em up, leave 'em to rot" this dude might have actually had a chance at life. It's the same in the UK too, the mental health provision is absolutely inadequate and disgusting. Just a bunch of GPs who aren't properly trained in the way a therapist/psychiatrist is to understand mental health. The older I get the more I realize Gar was right when she said mental health is a crisis. Availability is not weakness Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CautiousLurker 19,973 Posted January 11, 2024 Share Posted January 11, 2024 2 hours ago, Economy said: Yes it CAN result in death but unless thats the result or clearly the intent understand the wording. They call it "attempted" murder. As in something you TRIED to do Putting ppl with an outburst of the moment automatically in the same category as someone attempting this willfully and thought out just seems like a mismatch of severity If that is not ur intent but ur outburst leads to death, its not like u cant still be charged with murder at that point otherwise I stand by my point - such outbursts should be treated more seriously than they generally are, because they always carry the potential to result in death. People in general should always keep in mind that, if they are giving into the worst human impulse, it always carries the potential to take someone's life, intentional or not. On your last point - I'm more interested in cultivating a stigma around such outbursts that results in potential deaths being prevented. 'If a person dies, you can still charge them with murder' - at that point a person is dead. Law should be about prevention, not just persecution. It's a joke! When you give me that look, it's a joke! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted January 11, 2024 Share Posted January 11, 2024 1 hour ago, CautiousLurker said: I stand by my point - such outbursts should be treated more seriously than they generally are, because they always carry the potential to result in death. People in general should always keep in mind that, if they are giving into the worst human impulse, it always carries the potential to take someone's life, intentional or not. On your last point - I'm more interested in cultivating a stigma around such outbursts that results in potential deaths being prevented. 'If a person dies, you can still charge them with murder' - at that point a person is dead. Law should be about prevention, not just persecution. Hes already being charged with attempted murder. Already intent or potential pre-meditation is being thrown out the window. Its not being treated midly so far Also u say prevention yet thats exactly what harsh punishments to the mentally ill NEVER accomplish. If anything it reinforces a cycle If u notice, much of the most peaceful low crime countries do not have overly harsh punishments by world standards and put more emphasis on mental health than just punishing ppl and calling it a day PS: i never said we should treat it lightly. But attempted murder in some jurisdictions can give u like 15-20 years, im saying make a distinction As someone who USED to battle severe mental illness (attempted suicide, 2 hospitalizations, depression and anxiety and at times anger outbursts) this hits close to home. While i never went to the extreme this guy went to of beating up someone, i used to destroy things, miss work etc and it was genuinly difficult to be in control when my emotions were so all over the place and the anxiety so hard to control ppl like u that were more focused on consequences or telling me i had to get my act together or boss giving me a hard time etc helped absolutely NOTHING and for years i did not improve. The cycle was viscious and if anything making my life harder it made it even more difficult to keep control guess what? When i got serious therapy, understanding from ppl instead of judgement all the time, a better job that treated me better etc among other things, the emotional outbursts reduced in severity more and more and became more spaced out. Eventually it faded almost entirely Im not saying i never have anxiety ever anymore. But i no longer snap at ppl, destroy objects in outbursts, miss work everyday etc and i also was able to quit my medication. 4 years and counting now that i consider myself emotionally stable Kindness and understanding healed me not punishment or "stigma" that u say in ur comment would deter ppl If u genuinely believe this, u do not understand mental illness as well as u think! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CautiousLurker 19,973 Posted January 12, 2024 Share Posted January 12, 2024 53 minutes ago, Economy said: Hes already being charged with attempted murder. Already intent or potential pre-meditation is being thrown out the window. Its not being treated midly so far Also u say prevention yet thats exactly what harsh punishments to the mentally ill NEVER accomplish. If anything it reinforces a cycle If u notice, much of the most peaceful low crime countries do not have overly harsh punishments by world standards and put more emphasis on mental health than just punishing ppl and calling it a day PS: i never said we should treat it lightly. But attempted murder in some jurisdictions can give u like 15-20 years, im saying make a distinction As someone who USED to battle severe mental illness (attempted suicide, 2 hospitalizations, depression and anxiety and at times anger outbursts) this hits close to home. While i never went to the extreme this guy went to of beating up someone, i used to destroy things, miss work etc and it was genuinly difficult to be in control when my emotions were so all over the place and the anxiety so hard to control ppl like u that were more focused on consequences or telling me i had to get my act together or boss giving me a hard time etc helped absolutely NOTHING and for years i did not improve. The cycle was viscious and if anything making my life harder it made it even more difficult to keep control guess what? When i got serious therapy, understanding from ppl instead of judgement all the time, a better job that treated me better etc among other things, the emotional outbursts reduced in severity more and more and became more spaced out. Eventually it faded almost entirely Im not saying i never have anxiety ever anymore. But i no longer snap at ppl, destroy objects in outbursts, miss work everyday etc and i also was able to quit my medication. 4 years and counting now that i consider myself emotionally stable Kindness and understanding healed me not punishment or "stigma" that u say in ur comment would deter ppl If u genuinely believe this, u do not understand mental illness as well as u think! He is an exception, not the rule. People who are mentally ill are more likely to be victims and not violent abusers. I reiterate that most violent assaults that don't result in death are treated with far less severity than they deserve, which usually results in victims carrying the burden of suffering through the consequences almost entirely on their own. Go online, read through the countless horror stories of people being stalked, dealing with violent relatives or neighbors who got away with it and in some cases were allowed to stay in the same vicinity as the victims and continued to terrorize them - there is no shortage of those. I never said people should be 'punished' in the sense you ascribe to me - I even made it a point that I don't think violent criminals should be left to rot in prison, but rather that the charge wasn't egregious. You're making an assumption here that just because I think the charge of murder is acceptable means I'm calling fore retributive justice rather than reparative one - I do not. Two things can be true at the same time - you can have a justice system like the one in Sweden or Finland AND also treat violent beatings as attempts on someone's life because they always carry that potential. Now that that's out of the way, lets get personal - after all, you did, so... lets talk about the 'people like u' part. I'm an overtly queer person who grew up in a very conservative country - yeahno I would know NOTHING about growing up with mental trauma and the weight it carries. For the record, I don't like making it personal - what happened to me through my life I generally do prefer to keep to myself - part of it is because of the whole 'men strong, don't complain' stigma that has been beaten into me since childhood, but generally I still don't feel comfortable discussing just how painful my life has been, but since you so kindly opened that can of worms, lets start with depression - I've struggled with severe depression for a good two decades now and I've accepted the fact that hard as I try it's just not gonna get much better, in no small part because it's been exacerbated by almost two decades worth of bullying that on at least a few occasions did almost result in my death, and you know what never happened? People who bullied and abused me being removed from my life, reprimanded, or facing an kind of consequence for treating me like sh*t. If anything, they, and consequently I've been convinced it is entirely my own fault, queer men deserve that kind of treatment after all - so that's been my reality since about 10. HOW F*CKING DARE YOU. Not only did you take my text and twist it into something just so you can scold me for something I didn't say (the whole part about 'well if they are charged with murder, they will be punished harsher' - you tacked that on, I didn't advocate for that), but then you went on a rant about how 'oh, you just don't understand my pain' - WHAT ABOUT MY F*CKING PAIN? You think you're the only one who's had to struggle with anxiety? Mine was so bad for the longest time I physically couldnot bring myself to speak to strangers - if someone tried to talk to me at random, hard as I'd try to force the words out of me nothing would come out - do you know how embarrassing that is? And how alienating? To date I can't say I ever had a genuine friend - I had maybe one person I would speak to candidly online, but aside from that I've never had someone I'd be close with, let alone someone I was close with with whom I would hang out in person. You attempted suicide? SAMESIES, when I was f*cking 13 at that. I also ALMOST F*CKING DIED! By someone else's hand. You think you're the only one with a shitty job - I've worked in warehouses all my life lifting **** up that progressively breaks my body - at this point not a single shift goes by that doesn't end with me being in some kind of physical pain, you think you're the only one who had it hard? I've never been promoted to a position of a manager or supervisor - the only thing I got was being lowkey passed down and punished because after years of picking **** up I can't keep up with the pick rate I used to have because it PHYSICALLY F*CKING HURTS so now I get leadership making quirky jokes about how LOL, Ian's become so lazy now, you're too comfortable lately. And YET, through all the times people have sh*t on me, no matter how much it hurt, I somehow always manged to curb my desire to hurt someone for it. And what do I get in return for that? Pricks like you telling me 'oh you're just judgmental and unempathetic'. F*ck off. I'm judgmental? How about you're f*cking selfish. Everyone is supposed to think about how hard it's been for you, for people who HAVE lashed out. But the guys who just quietly take all the sh*t from people like you, all the abuse and aggression, and they just quietly push it down and try to carry on without disturbing other people - yeah what pain could they possibly be in, right? They're the ones who should SHOW empathy, right? For all the talk about reparative justice, it's people like you who conveniently forget about the duty of repair on part of those who do the damage. Not once has an abuser of mine ever reached out and apologized for what they did. Understanding my f*cking ass, I've shown way more empathy to people than you ever have or ever will. Don't bother replying cuz I'm so f*cking done with you and the lot on here who constantly want their pain tended to - do they care about other people who are in pain? F*ck no. It's a joke! When you give me that look, it's a joke! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted January 12, 2024 Share Posted January 12, 2024 32 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said: He is an exception, not the rule. People who are mentally ill are more likely to be victims and not violent abusers. I reiterate that most violent assaults that don't result in death are treated with far less severity than they deserve, which usually results in victims carrying the burden of suffering through the consequences almost entirely on their own. Go online, read through the countless horror stories of people being stalked, dealing with violent relatives or neighbors who got away with it and in some cases were allowed to stay in the same vicinity as the victims and continued to terrorize them - there is no shortage of those. I never said people should be 'punished' in the sense you ascribe to me - I even made it a point that I don't think violent criminals should be left to rot in prison, but rather that the charge wasn't egregious. You're making an assumption here that just because I think the charge of murder is acceptable means I'm calling fore retributive justice rather than reparative one - I do not. Two things can be true at the same time - you can have a justice system like the one in Sweden or Finland AND also treat violent beatings as attempts on someone's life because they always carry that potential. Now that that's out of the way, lets get personal - after all, you did, so... lets talk about the 'people like u' part. I'm an overtly queer person who grew up in a very conservative country - yeahno I would know NOTHING about growing up with mental trauma and the weight it carries. For the record, I don't like making it personal - what happened to me through my life I generally do prefer to keep to myself - part of it is because of the whole 'men strong, don't complain' stigma that has been beaten into me since childhood, but generally I still don't feel comfortable discussing just how painful my life has been, but since you so kindly opened that can of worms, lets start with depression - I've struggled with severe depression for a good two decades now and I've accepted the fact that hard as I try it's just not gonna get much better, in no small part because it's been exacerbated by almost two decades worth of bullying that on at least a few occasions did almost result in my death, and you know what never happened? People who bullied and abused me being removed from my life, reprimanded, or facing an kind of consequence for treating me like sh*t. If anything, they, and consequently I've been convinced it is entirely my own fault, queer men deserve that kind of treatment after all - so that's been my reality since about 10. HOW F*CKING DARE YOU. Not only did you take my text and twist it into something just so you can scold me for something I didn't say (the whole part about 'well if they are charged with murder, they will be punished harsher' - you tacked that on, I didn't advocate for that), but then you went on a rant about how 'oh, you just don't understand my pain' - WHAT ABOUT MY F*CKING PAIN? You think you're the only one who's had to struggle with anxiety? Mine was so bad for the longest time I physically couldnot bring myself to speak to strangers - if someone tried to talk to me at random, hard as I'd try to force the words out of me nothing would come out - do you know how embarrassing that is? And how alienating? To date I can't say I ever had a genuine friend - I had maybe one person I would speak to candidly online, but aside from that I've never had someone I'd be close with, let alone someone I was close with with whom I would hang out in person. You attempted suicide? SAMESIES, when I was f*cking 13 at that. I also ALMOST F*CKING DIED! By someone else's hand. You think you're the only one with a shitty job - I've worked in warehouses all my life lifting **** up that progressively breaks my body - at this point not a single shift goes by that doesn't end with me being in some kind of physical pain, you think you're the only one who had it hard? I've never been promoted to a position of a manager or supervisor - the only thing I got was being lowkey passed down and punished because after years of picking **** up I can't keep up with the pick rate I used to have because it PHYSICALLY F*CKING HURTS so now I get leadership making quirky jokes about how LOL, Ian's become so lazy now, you're too comfortable lately. And YET, through all the times people have sh*t on me, no matter how much it hurt, I somehow always manged to curb my desire to hurt someone for it. And what do I get in return for that? Pricks like you telling me 'oh you're just judgmental and unempathetic'. F*ck off. I'm judgmental? How about you're f*cking selfish. Everyone is supposed to think about how hard it's been for you, for people who HAVE lashed out. But the guys who just quietly take all the sh*t from people like you, all the abuse and aggression, and they just quietly push it down and try to carry on without disturbing other people - yeah what pain could they possibly be in, right? They're the ones who should SHOW empathy, right? For all the talk about reparative justice, it's people like you who conveniently forget about the duty of repair on part of those who do the damage. Not once has an abuser of mine ever reached out and apologized for what they did. Understanding my f*cking ass, I've shown way more empathy to people than you ever have or ever will. Don't bother replying cuz I'm so f*cking done with you and the lot on here who constantly want their pain tended to - do they care about other people who are in pain? F*ck no. I think ur taking a lot of what i said out of context and missed my point on what i was trying to say but im not gonna just let it be because your obviously very upset and im sorry, triggering u wasnt my intention . And for the record my experience was to prove a point and opinion not make some chart competition ranking about how bad my past was relative to others The "HOW F*CKING DARE YOU" in All Caps im NGL i find very disrespectful and is a tone id never use with anyone on this forumn but im gonna try to let that go given ur so upset... Ur post kinda changes the topic now anyway and a reply about our debate and OP makes no sense now. I just hope u feel better. I didnt mean to make u so angry. Have a good night and im sorry Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dennis 8,391 Posted January 12, 2024 Share Posted January 12, 2024 The girls are fighting... I've been kinda impressed lately by how many users on GGD like writing very long paragraphs, the patience and the intellect the gays been showing lately Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted January 12, 2024 Share Posted January 12, 2024 4 minutes ago, Dennis said: The girls are fighting... I've been kinda impressed lately by how many users on GGD like writing very long paragraphs, the patience and the intellect the gays been having lately Its not funny. We had a difference of opinion on something and in the process of debating and trying to make points nerves were unintentionally struck. On my end i definitely didnt mean to cause a meltdown Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dennis 8,391 Posted January 12, 2024 Share Posted January 12, 2024 21 hours ago, Economy said: Also why is no one talking rehabilitation? Have to agree with @PartySick Ppl with severe and abnormal violent outbursts have that for a reason. Punishment never solves those reasons, we should put more emphasis as a society to go to the root cause of criminal behaviour to prevent future infractions rather than just punish and deteriorate their mental and emotional state further I'd abolish prison sentences for everything except physical violence or in general stuff that can cause irreparable bodily harm. For me, if I were a judge I'd probably give the maximum sentence especially if it results in severe injury. So many people died as a result of kids fights. One strike to the head and the kid is just gone. It makes me so sad. Over the years I've just developed zero tolerance position towards severe physical violence. I don't care if someone didn't "intend" to kill. If their actions can result in the death of someone, they should be locked away from society. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.