💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Joker 2 promo will be… interesting

Maxine Puth

Featured Posts

Maxine Puth

I cant even imagine how Gaga and Joaquin would interact with one another :ladyhaha: because he’s very much know as shut off / his dislike of interviews. Meanwhile Gaga can be super outgoing, maybe their shtick will be a grumpy cat and a dog? Lol. It’s just interesting because with Bradley I feel like they were and are very much in line with one another emotionally, and the Adam Driver dynamic was funny because Gaga just made him uncomfortable all the time in a very sibling way. 

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Mother of Puppies

I can't wait for the next "There can be 100 people in the room" and the "swarm of flies" rs-582x350-160719115147-Lady-Gaga-swatti

Edited by Mother of Puppies
Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 5

Nite

I think it might be similar to the energy she had with Adam Driver. Hopefully filmbros won't be too annoying, the Rats ended up really liking how Gaga brought Adam out of his shell a bit. 

• Like 5

Robo Ga

They're honestly a match made in Weirdo Heaven 

🤖⚡️
  • Like 1

EGOT2027
12 minutes ago, Nite said:

I think it might be similar to the energy she had with Adam Driver. Hopefully filmbros won't be too annoying, the Rats ended up really liking how Gaga brought Adam out of his shell a bit. 

idk adam still does press and plays the game. phoenix can be a bit actively hostile (not necessarily in a mean way but he clearly just hates explaining his work). i saw a Q&A panel on opening week of the first movie where JP straight up said halfway through that he was done answering questions. he found every question stupid. and that was while he was campaigning for an oscar. he may care even less this time. gaga on the other hand could talk about her process for years and years if she needed to. 

i don’t see WB ever letting her do this, but after the pushback she got from gucci and the awkwardness she may have interviewing with JP, i think this would be a great chance to try a limited press tour. olivia colman never campaigns and yet has won and been nominated again since wining. imagine the switch up if gaga did colbert, actors on actors, and one or two other things. but that’s it

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1

mamo

i honestly hope the promo isn't as intense this time around. 

film festivals circuits and red carpets are a given. 

maybe one or two television interviews (even that alone will be a field day for media outlets/social media accounts to print clickbait articles and exaggerate her words out of context) some press junkits and the cover of vogue but that's it. 

i think it's important now for the film/performance to speak for itself. also it's the sequel to a billion dollar film based on a comic book character so i don't think there will be much promo required compared to her first two films. i'm sure the teaser/trailer alone will break the internet given the reception of the first joker movie. 

Edited by mamo
you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 5

LilyLark
1 hour ago, EGOT2027 said:

idk adam still does press and plays the game. phoenix can be a bit actively hostile (not necessarily in a mean way but he clearly just hates explaining his work). i saw a Q&A panel on opening week of the first movie where JP straight up said halfway through that he was done answering questions. he found every question stupid. and that was while he was campaigning for an oscar. he may care even less this time. gaga on the other hand could talk about her process for years and years if she needed to. 

i don’t see WB ever letting her do this, but after the pushback she got from gucci and the awkwardness she may have interviewing with JP, i think this would be a great chance to try a limited press tour. olivia colman never campaigns and yet has won and been nominated again since wining. imagine the switch up if gaga did colbert, actors on actors, and one or two other things. but that’s it

While I like Joaquin's work and his advocacy for animal rights, he has a reputation for being an as*hole. He's walked off several times in different interviews (not once, but several times), and no woman and/or POC could get away with that type of behavior and still have most of film twitter's love (not to mention, it's just straight up unprofessional). I may be wrong on this part, but I also believe a few co-stars have implied he's kind of a ****. TBH, I was surprised by that bts photo shoot where he had his arm slung around Gaga's shoulder in a friendly manner.

Yeah, Adam is kind of grumpy, but he'll still play the game and he did seem to be friendly with Gaga (even his fans remarked on that, despite film twitter running with the "everyone hates Gaga" line). Film twitter is so fickle, though, because the next year they were screeching about how Austin Butler could only wish to be as entertaining and fun as Gaga.

I am curious about how the PR for it will go. Gaga (imo) definitely seemed to scale it back towards the end of HOG. I can't recall which film columnist, but it was someone connected, who remarked that people made way too much of a big deal about the twitter backlash and the reason he heard it didn't get a nom was that a lot of people really hated HOG. BAFTAs are a lot more snobby, so I kind of believe it as she received a BAFTA nom...and I feel like if the twitter backlash was such a big deal that wouldn't have happened. But imo she clearly still tried to take a step "back" of sorts......

Edited by LilyLark
  • Like 1

Rat Boy
1 minute ago, Linus Gaga said:

Gaga: take my hand, stay :ally:Joaquin

Joaquin:

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River
  • LMAO 4

freebit
On 1/3/2024 at 5:28 PM, EGOT2027 said:

He sounds insufferable (still like him as an actor tho). 

If he's going to skip interviews, then she'll be doing of the bulk of publicity. Not sure how that will go. On one hand, it will be kind of a slay for me as a fan to see, as she'll be pretty much taking over, but on the other, she's going to have so many people laying in wait to twist every word of hers into some type of clickbait or attempt at twitter virality, which will be stupid to see. That said, it will garner the movie more attention. I don't think she should tone herself down (I actually think her bubbly personality works in her favor a lot of times & helps her stand out from other timid, kind of bland actresses), but her PR has got to choose what press she talks to very, very carefully. 

Her PR girl lowkey feels useless though, and if I was her, I might consider getting a new one. That woman who interviewed her from The Hollywood Reporter during AHS (origin of the "talented, brilliant, showstopping" soundbite), Jazz Tanguray, Richard Lawson, that female british reporter who stans her on twitter, etc., all should be who they want to interview her. Other Oscar pundits that shaded her, anyone who was weirdly rude and kind of disrespectful to her & helped make her look awkward? Definitely not. They need to go over her past interviews with a fine toothed comb & make a list. I'm not advocating for boring Swift-esque fawning as I find that kind of thing boring and a bit nauseating, however anyone who is bitchy and trying to elevate themselves at her expense (and they are out there) can't be interviewing her. Her British Vogue interview was a perfect balance of an outsiders perspective of how much of a dramatic & quirky person she can be while genuinely appreciating her is what they should want. 

Edited by freebit
  • Like 1

julz

Gaga listens and observes her co-lead during interviews as i can see (body movements, how they speak, etc.)..and i feel that she initiates a talk with her co-lead before the interviews so for them to prepare about what to say and not to say..to do and not to do. She is smart and we all know that she rehearses or practices a lot beforehand...so im excited to see their dynamic.

But....i do know Gaga wont be able to work well with everyone due to personality differences. U cant please everyone.

As much as i like a barbie level promo...it doesnt fit joker 2 bec it's dark and rated r.

BlingNotTheMusic
On 1/3/2024 at 4:35 PM, LilyLark said:

While I like Joaquin's work and his advocacy for animal rights, he has a reputation for being an as*hole. He's walked off several times in different interviews (not once, but several times), and no woman and/or POC could get away with that type of behavior and still have most of film twitter's love (not to mention, it's just straight up unprofessional). I may be wrong on this part, but I also believe a few co-stars have implied he's kind of a ****. TBH, I was surprised by that bts photo shoot where he had his arm slung around Gaga's shoulder in a friendly manner.

Yeah, Adam is kind of grumpy, but he'll still play the game and he did seem to be friendly with Gaga (even his fans remarked on that, despite film twitter running with the "everyone hates Gaga" line). Film twitter is so fickle, though, because the next year they were screeching about how Austin Butler could only wish to be as entertaining and fun as Gaga.

I am curious about how the PR for it will go. Gaga (imo) definitely seemed to scale it back towards the end of HOG. I can't recall which film columnist, but it was someone connected, who remarked that people made way too much of a big deal about the twitter backlash and the reason he heard it didn't get a nom was that a lot of people really hated HOG. BAFTAs are a lot more snobby, so I kind of believe it as she received a BAFTA nom...and I feel like if the twitter backlash was such a big deal that wouldn't have happened. But imo she clearly still tried to take a step "back" of sorts......

House of Gucci didn't get a nom because it's a horrible film saved by a great soundtrack and stellar cinematography.

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu
  • Like 1