Alejandro vs Dance In The Dark

Dennis

Alejandro vs Dance In The Dark  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Alejandro vs Dance In The Dark

Featured Posts

Quentin
3 hours ago, Chromatislaps said:

Alejandro, its an earworm. I do think DITD should have been the next single before BTW

It was sent as a single to French radios :)

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

VOLANTIS

Alejandro. Dance in the dark is an underrated and beautiful song though. Would have been a gorgeous 4th and final single.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
  • Like 1

Anderson123
4 hours ago, Vengaboy said:

I think Alejandro was in fact the right choice. It has aged better and had a sound like nothing else, past or present. Though personally I like DITD better!

Alejandro is catchy and a better single choice even if I love Dance In The Dark more as a song BUT it is so obvious they were inspired by Ace of Base's Don't Turn Around and ABBA's Fernando to make it.

TheFame Monster

Alejandro has aged much better and feels more timeless. 

I was absolutely floored though for a minute during the Super Bowl when she came down with the DITD instrumental :giveup:

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

Mirrion Rizzons

DITD is a cult classic for LMs and one of her best songs, but it wouldn’t have done as well on radio/charts compared to Alejandro

its not as catchy, and sounds so messy (in a good way) that may not have resonated with the GP

Mirrion Rizzons

Also I find it funny how Gaga was always the victim of bad press when it came to being inspired by past songs. Nowadays and even back then, people sampled songs way more explicitly but no one seemed to care 

A Very Gaga Holida
2 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

I personally feel like DITD has aged better. Alejandro is a bit too repetitive. 

Exactly

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

The fact the results keep changing back and forth help explain why there was a fight over this in Interscope. The two songs are too difficult to choose from

Edited by Dennis

Massive Monster

When the album was out I was a hard DITD stan and would have picked it over Alejandro.

But Alejandro is more unique in Gaga's repertoire. The 2 step beat and inspiration from Ace Of Bace is stunning. It's also one of her best produced song. Absolutely timeless.

Kind regards

HookerOnAChurch
4 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

I personally feel like DITD has aged better. Alejandro is a bit too repetitive. 

This, this and this 

• Thanks 2