💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shakira Faces 8 Years In Jails If Proven Guilty For Defrauding Tax Case

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Shakira, the Latin Grammy-winning singer, is due in court in Barcelona on Monday on charges of defrauding the Spanish tax authorities of €14.5m (£12.7m).

The 46-year-old Colombian musician, who lives in Miami with her two children, could face up to eight years in jail and a €24m fine if found guilty.

The case is based on the assertion that in the years 2012 to 2014 Shakira spent more than six months as a Spanish resident, thus making her liable for tax, a claim she denies.

In order to prove she was a Spanish resident, the prosecution has called 117 witnesses, among them hairdressers, studio technicians, dance teachers, therapists, beauticians, gynaecologists and her chauffeur.

The singer accuses the tax authorities of running a campaign to tarnish her image and to make an example of her to other Spanish taxpayers, while the prosecution claims she deliberately set out to defraud the exchequer by hiding her earnings in tax havens.

“The Spanish tax authorities saw that I was dating a Spanish citizen and started to salivate. It’s clear they wanted to go after that money no matter what. They knew I wasn’t in Spain the required time, that Spain wasn’t my place of work or my source of income, but they still came after me, with their eyes on the prize.”

Amid rumours that she has rejected a plea deal that would keep her out of jail, the trial is expected to last until 14 December. Whatever the outcome of the case, the singer faces separate charges of failing to pay €6.6m in taxes in 2018.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/nov/19/shakira-faces-eight-years-in-jail-over-spanish-tax-claims

:bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 1

bionic

Even when found guilty, she won't spend a day in prison unfortunately

Edited by bionic
buy bionic

DontCallMeAlice
5 minutes ago, bionic said:

Even when found guilty, she won't spend a day in prison unfortunately

Why “unfortunately” ? From my point of view she hasn’t done anything wrong. Or maybe I live under a rock and I missed this whole story :ladyhaha:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DontCallMeAlice said:

Why “unfortunately” ? From my point of view she hasn’t done anything wrong. Or maybe I live under a rock and I missed this whole story :ladyhaha:

It's the latter. :sweat:

could mean anything

When it's lunchtime and she hears the warden coming to unlock her cell

a82503b288ec022d081c243fcb4b7633ee8ba3b7

when the judge said "you're going to serve time" and she heard "it's time to serve"

e10b2db6b396b449c425952da7040fc09353d6ed

Edited by weed
  • LMAO 18
  • YAAAS 2

Teletubby
16 minutes ago, DontCallMeAlice said:

From my point of view she hasn’t done anything wrong. Or maybe I live under a rock and I missed this whole story :ladyhaha:

she moved to Spain, bought a house there, gave birth to her son, recorded music videos etc. but she didn't pay her taxes. She used Bahamas (a tax haven with very low tax rates) for tax purposes.
She provided Spain’s head tax office with electricity and water bills from Bahamas. But it turned out that these bills had been paid by the employees she had hired to take care of here property. It also turned out she was not in Bahamas for even a day during the period she avoided paying taxes in Spain.
She also has multiple companies, some in tax havens that turned out to have no staff or material substance used to hide her millions from treasury.

Cockroach of GGD
  • Shook 3
  • Thanks 2

InTheCloset
3 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

she moved to Spain, bought a house there, gave birth to her son, recorded music videos etc. but she didn't pay her taxes. She used Bahamas (a tax haven with very low tax rates) for tax purposes.
She provided Spain’s head tax office with electricity and water bills from Bahamas. But it turned out that these bills had been paid by the employees she had hired to take care of here property. It also turned out she was not in Bahamas for even a day during the period she avoided paying taxes in Spain.
She also has multiple companies, some in tax havens that turned out to have no staff or material substance used to hide her millions from treasury.

She really is evil just like every rich person.

And to think some **** person on this forum shut me up once on a shakira thread by telling me that she was mislead Pique as he told him she didnt have to pay taxes for that time. :patrizia:

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Like 1

bionic
49 minutes ago, DontCallMeAlice said:

so u think tax evasion is acceptable?

buy bionic
  • Like 1